U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2017, 08:02 PM

1,888 posts, read 860,615 times

Advertisements

After youtube, facebook, and twitter start censoring conservative messages and google fires a conservative employee, suddenly leftists have taken up the "private businesses can do what they want" message now that it suits them.

Wasn't it less than a year ago that leftists were preaching that businesses have a responsibility to society, to the environment, to provide a "basic" wage, to provide healthcare, to not discriminate, to not spread "hate speech"? But now, they seemed to have completely changed their mind when their discriminatory practices favor their agenda.

Although I agree that those companies have a right to choose what content they want to host, I want to know why leftists only favor the rights of those that help perpetuate their propaganda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2017, 08:15 PM

7,209 posts, read 2,661,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
After youtube, facebook, and twitter start censoring conservative messages and google fires a conservative employee, suddenly leftists have taken up the "private businesses can do what they want" message now that it suits them.

Wasn't it less than a year ago that leftists were preaching that businesses have a responsibility to society, to the environment, to provide a "basic" wage, to provide healthcare, to not discriminate, to not spread "hate speech"? But now, they seemed to have completely changed their mind when their discriminatory practices favor their agenda.

Although I agree that those companies have a right to choose what content they want to host, I want to know why leftists only favor the rights of those that help perpetuate their propaganda.
... self serving hypocrisy, lack of core principles...

Old 08-12-2017, 08:22 PM

11,400 posts, read 12,047,705 times
Since the left never stood for anything at all, you can't call them hypocrites. The left is shamelessly celebrating small victories, in the face of enormous losses, and prospects of almost certain losses to follow in the near future. The county is shifting back towards center, and away from their promotion of loserism and victim mentality. As it turns out, living the loser lifestyle does not afford many luxuries or perks. Nor does it promote or afford any sense of self worth or dignity. Since they are doomed regardless, lefties will take whatever favors they can get, from where ever they can get them.

Old 08-12-2017, 08:52 PM

12,410 posts, read 6,943,870 times
These are not services for which you pay. You are the product via the information you share, not the customer. Never forget that.

Old 08-12-2017, 09:13 PM

15,215 posts, read 5,509,385 times
Quote:

I've noticed it and I'm holding them to it.

All of a sudden these cultural Marxists are diehard capitalists and think none of us notice.

Old 08-12-2017, 09:14 PM

15,215 posts, read 5,509,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
These are not services for which you pay. You are the product via the information you share, not the customer. Never forget that.
You can view these services without being a member or having an account.

The hits are used to calculate ad prices.

Old 08-12-2017, 09:22 PM

5,951 posts, read 7,010,303 times
Quote:
How else would they stay relevant? Censorship and liberal indoctrination in American colleges are their top weapons. Mass immigration (illegal or otherwise) would be weapon #3 as they seem to own those demographics.

Old 08-12-2017, 09:23 PM

4,883 posts, read 2,339,289 times
Quote:

Not to mention the complete 180' on freedom of speech. It's the left that are now constantly looking to censor people's speech. It's important not understand these are not Liberals, these are Neo-Libs. They support censorship, elective wars, corporations, political corruption, John McCain & the 1%.

Old 08-12-2017, 09:26 PM

5,578 posts, read 4,395,043 times
Quote:
After youtube, facebook, and twitter start censoring conservative messages and google fires a conservative employee...
Don't forget Patreon deactivating accounts they don't like. Also I wouldn't necessarily call Damore a conservative -- he's more like not a regressive and not a leftist and not a social justice acolyte.

Old 08-12-2017, 09:31 PM

1,393 posts, read 396,846 times
There is nothing surprising about this - and it's been going on far longer than just a year.

Democrats have become the "urban" party. They are now basically the republican party of 100+ years ago, and that includes being pro-business. Republicans have become the "rural" party - they are now basically what the democrats were 100+ years ago.

It's actually a bit more complicated than that but that's the gist of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies