Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 04:43 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times

Advertisements

So what happened to all the "freedom of speech" tolerance that the same conservatives on this thread were preaching to us in the threads about the white supremacists protests?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2017, 04:44 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Considering that Marshawn Lynch is probably going into hall of fame, that would be an extremely stupid thing to do if you were his owner.
Nope, it is called courage and integrity on the part of his bosses. They should decide if winning a few games is more important than doing what is right. As for the Hall of Fame, look how Mohamed Ali was stripped of his belt over his VN protests........the Hall of Fame should keep this one out too.

Old 08-14-2017, 04:44 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
Guys like Lynch and the other idiot should be made to go to the front line in Iraq or Syria and see what it's like.

After about 10 minutes they'd be running home to momma.
this not-so difficult concept of protesting is evidently lost on you...

the ones who support invading other countries and sending others to do their fighting are the ones that should be walking patrols, but you're here safely hiding behind your keyboard aren't you?

Old 08-14-2017, 04:48 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times
If you're a neo-nazi waving torches and lynching ropes at a rally in a southern city, conservatives have no problem with you.

If you're a black football player not standing for the national anthem, OH MY GOD - mass conservative outrage!

Old 08-14-2017, 04:49 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
You should get down on your knees and thank God he let you be born in this country, instead of somewhere else like North Korea. There, you would have no choice but to cheer and support your leaders and your homeland. If you didn't comply, you would probably be headless pretty quickly.

We Americans are such a spoiled lot, and so unhappy at things most people in other countries would give their left arm to have.
This is somewhat surprising, as you are a liberal and arguing for the national anthem while I'm a conservative and basically could care less if Kaepernick or Lynch or anyone else wants to stand up for it. To me it's a conformity thing, the government telling you to do something, that you might not want to do. Why mix politics and entertainment at all? They don't play the national anthem at rock concerts. They don't play it at operas (I'm assuming). They don't play it when you go to a classic car show. They don't play it when you take your kids to the zoo. Why bother playing it at a game. I mean, if they want to play it, fine, for tradition's sake. But it doesn't matter to me one way or the other. This country has nothing in common with 1812 when the thing was written anyway. We barely have anything in common with 1970 for pete's sake. The republicans fighting the democrats on everything under the sun. Tweedle dee and tweedle dum.

Old 08-14-2017, 04:53 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,299,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
That is absolutely true. Here he is, living in America, breathing our air, taking his paycheck in American dollars, and he still feels the need to make a statement and disrespect our country.

If I were his bosses, he would be driving a garbage truck tomorrow, regardless of how talented he is.
As I explained in earlier posts he would most likely be protected by the leagues CBA. You would have to fabricate another reason for firing him, just like in any other union environment.

Old 08-14-2017, 07:01 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,977,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
You made a comment in post #121 and all I did was say trump says something different.
What I say has nothing to do with Trump, I'm not a Trump supporter. Are you, is that why you posted that? If you have a problem with what I said, use your own words to tell me why.

Old 08-14-2017, 07:02 AM

330 posts, read 177,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
It's all over the sporting websites. Lynch sat there before the Raider's first preseason game. I'm sure glad that he is not a Seahawk anymore.

Kaepernick helped Trump get elected. Now this.
Fire him, and move on.

Old 08-14-2017, 07:49 AM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Another tired, old athlete looking to support their golden years with some new fad. I'm guessing he spent all his funds already.

Old 08-14-2017, 08:12 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
After what happened in Charlottesville, and the Presidents response to it (tacitly supporting the racists) I don't blame a single black player for sitting for the anthem. They can protest too.
Of course, we wouldn't expect anything else... Maybe they should riot and loot too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies