Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 08:13 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,301,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Of course, we wouldn't expect anything else... Maybe they should riot and loot too?
In your town, sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2017, 08:27 AM

5,104 posts, read 2,049,434 times
Looks like ESPN and the NFL will have another ratings drop.

Old 08-14-2017, 09:17 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,298,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
Looks like ESPN and the NFL will have another ratings drop.
Yea, what about Fox1? Shannon Sharpe and Skip Bayless have been pretty supportive of protests. However it has already been determined these protests have only had a very little effect on ratings. No real fan will stop watching over them.

Old 08-14-2017, 09:28 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,470,414 times
While I understand why people get offended I support the right of players to sit during the anthem as long as it's to bring attention to problems they are truly bothered by rather than just an attention stunt. People hate Kaepernick and while I disagree with some things he's said he has given lots of his money to helping poor in places like Somalia.

Old 08-14-2017, 09:37 AM

23,548 posts, read 17,219,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
Everyone is so up in arms about how "unpatriotic" it is not to stand yet players used to be in the locker room when it was played. When the dept of defense started paying the NFL things got political.

Kap protested peacefully which is what is encouraged, he shouldn't be vilified for it.
If he does it on a Sunday on TV, yeah, vilifying him is justified and appropriate. He is on stage and we are in the audience. We get to applaud or boo his performance.

Hope the NFL tanks from head injury issues, broadcasting and covering up undesirable behavior. The corruption of that organization extends to colleges.

Like to watch it but not any games involving the 'protestors'.

Old 08-14-2017, 09:39 AM

29,513 posts, read 22,641,616 times
Now another moron is getting in on the act

National anthem protests: Michael Bennett sits; did Marshawn Lynch lie to his coach? | NFL | Sporting News

Old 08-14-2017, 09:47 AM

5,104 posts, read 2,049,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
If he does it on a Sunday on TV, yeah, vilifying him is justified and appropriate. He is on stage and we are in the audience. We get to applaud or boo his performance.

Hope the NFL tanks from head injury issues, broadcasting and covering up undesirable behavior. The corruption of that organization extends to colleges.

Like to watch it but not any games involving the 'protestors'.
Or better yet, let's watch how South Park dealed with this issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-zJL9JuOLQ

Old 08-14-2017, 10:21 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,493,000 times
Apparently, freedom of speech and 2nd amendment rights only apply to white people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
So what happened to all the "freedom of speech" tolerance that the same conservatives on this thread were preaching to us in the threads about the white supremacists protests?

Old 08-14-2017, 01:05 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
That is absolutely true. Here he is, living in America, breathing our air, taking his paycheck in American dollars, and he still feels the need to make a statement and disrespect our country.

If I were his bosses, he would be driving a garbage truck tomorrow, regardless of how talented he is.
Beast Mode is a multi millionaire. Why would he be driving a garbage truck tomorrow if his boss released him?

Old 08-14-2017, 08:40 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,131,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
What do I have to do with it? I can say anything, make it up or not, it is not like you will ever believe me, but I assure you I have risked more and showed more courage than he ever has in his life so far, and for far, far less money. Hell, i sat in a hospital on and off for a year due to my courageous actions, but I guess a millionaire kneeling during a song is somehow "courageous." Talk about lowering the bar.

I did not state "only people without money or a backup plan can be courageous", please show me where I stated this. What he does is not courageous, he is risking nothing.
This is what you said. And I know what you meant by it.. Listen, many people have little respect for those that criticize the people taking a stand for civil rights.. If someone puts their life at risk for this country it doesn't mean someone else putting what they have on the line for civil rights is less courageous because they have money...

Break away from the herd and stop being led by the nose by conservative propaganda...

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
It is easy to be "courageous" when little will happen in a worst case scenario.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies