Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2017, 04:47 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,585,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Todd Rundgren is a leftie, one of the greatest musical geniuses of the last half century. One of the top producers over that same period. He's not in the R&R HOF. And I've never heard him complain about it.
Little Teddy's woes sound to me like a great example of a first world problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2017, 04:48 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,621,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
This can't be repeated enough.

And even if it was true -- so f'n what....your actions/words have consequences. Being honored at the Rock'n Roll Hall of Fame is not a right owed to anybody, especially a 'd' list celebrity (yup that's generous -- he should be lower down on that list).
Wait until Kid Rock (another "D" lister) becomes a Senator too !
WTF is wrong with Michigan?

Old 08-13-2017, 04:56 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Lynyrd Skynyrd, southern rock band that loves guns and God. They are in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I don't think Ted's love of guns is the problem.

Old 08-13-2017, 05:15 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,585,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Wait until Kid Rock (another "D" lister) becomes a Senator too !
WTF is wrong with Michigan?

Nothing, unless they elect him.

Old 08-13-2017, 05:19 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,596,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Ted Nugent has been eligible for the honor as a solo artist since 2000.

"And so I'm on the board of directors of the NRA, Jan Wenner hates the Second Amendment, so that's the only reason I'm not in the Rock And Roll Of Fame. And until they get their heads out of their ass, I'm more than happy to do what I do and do it with all the vim and vigor that I do it every night."

..Hey, write this down. My name is Ted Nugent. I am the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame. Eat me!"

Ted Nugent Says 'Only Reason' He Hasn't Been Inducted Into Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Is His Involvement With Nra - Blabbermouth.net
No, he hasn't been inducted because Amboy Dukes and Damn Yankees were mediocre at best....

Old 08-13-2017, 05:22 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
There are many more worthy than ****-pants that were never inducted. Snowflake Ted.

April 9, 2014
20 Classic Artists Still Not in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame | Rolling Stone

Old 08-13-2017, 05:28 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,481,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I thought it might be because he is a draft dodger.
He wasn't the lead vocalist for many of the songs. He played guitar and wrote the music. Derek St Holmes was lead vocalist for many of the Ted Nugent songs and Meat Loaf was lead vocalist on one of the albums.

Old 08-13-2017, 08:56 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Ted Nugent is certainly a legend....in his own mind!

People are ignorant to what he meant for American Metal. I don't like nor agree with his politics but I can say he had influence on metal. That said, metal is VASTLY under-represented in the Rock & Roll Hall of Shame. Just ask Eddie Trunk...

ROCK N’ ROLL HALL OF FAME VOTERS SNUB HEAVY METAL, AGAIN | Eddie Trunk
Quote:
Ethan Sacks of the New York Daily News reports:

Heavy metal fans are left banging their heads … against the wall.

On Tuesday, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame unveiled its 2015 class of inductees, and once again iconic hard rock and metal bands like Deep Purple, Iron Maiden and Judas Priest were strummed off the list.

What really gets Anthrax guitarist Scott Ian’s goatee is the long-running omission of Deep Purple, a band the Queens-born rocker feels should get the same respect as Led Zeppelin.

“Just based on the intro riff to Smoke on the Water which came out in 1972, it’s safe to say that almost every guitar player in a band that did make the Hall of Fame, picked up a guitar because of that riff and learned how to play off that riff,” says the Queens-born rocker.

“That song alone should gets Deep Purple into the Hall of Fame. Just Ritchie Blackmore’s riff alone. That intro defines rock n’ roll.”

Ian wishes the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame operated more like Cooperstown. “When you talk about sports, you look at the stats, it’s all math,” says Ian. “Babe Ruth hit x average and x home runs and so he gets in. Numbers don’t lie. When it comes to music it comes strickly down to taste.”

In the case of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, relatively small selection committee comes up with a pool of nominees that are voted on by a group of more than 600 artists and music professionals. On average a group of five to seven acts make the final cut each year.

And judging by the results, not many of those 600-plus voters own a Metallica T-shirt.

“Iron Maiden goes to anywhere in the world and they play in front of 50,000 people by themselves and you telling me they don’t f— belong in there?,” Exodus lead singer Steve “Zetro” Souza complained to the Daily News.

“In our type of music, we don’t expect kudos,” added the thrash rocker, whose band’s latest album, Blood In, Blood Out, reached the Billboard’s Top 40 charts. “But it’s hard not to be disappointed by the voting.”

Radio host Eddie Trunk says he’s given up on any semblance of respect for the uneven way the Hall has honored certain bands and ignored others with longer track records of success.

“How can you have a Hall of Fame where it takes Kiss, Rush and Alice Cooper twenty years to get in,” he says, “but Green Day and Guns N’ Roses go in on first ballot and Deep Purple doesn’t get in.”

Last year, he attended the induction ceremony in Brooklyn as a guest of original Kiss guitarist Ace Frehley and had an epiphany: he’s not going to pull his hair out any more over the continuing snubs.

This is a symptom of the disrespect across the board toward hard rock and heavy metal,” says Trunk. “The Grammys haven’t gotten any better since they gave Jethro Tull a Grammy instead of Metallica (for the first ever Best Hard Rock/Heavy Metal Performance trophy in 1989).”

Exhibit A of that lack of respect: late, great Slayer guitarist Jeff Hanneman was a glaring omission from this year’s In Memoriam segment at the Grammy Awards.

While touring with Exodus in Cleveland last year, Souza got to visit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum for himself for the first time. And his reviews are mixed.

“There was a Bruno Mars suit there, but he didn’t put in the time,” says Souza. “There’s a Katy Perry dress there, but she hasn’t put in the time.”

Still, it heartened him somewhat to see some of metal acts like Black Sabbath and Metallica have their own displays. It’s a start. But call him when Maiden and Priest, Saxon and Scorpions make the cut. He’s not expecting any love for his own band, which has been the soundtrack for moshpits since the mid-80s.

“For those of us who have been doing this for thirty years, we don’t care about or expect anything from the establishment,” Souza says.
Nugent started with the Amboy Dukes before going with his own name and was one of the garage rock bands to innovate American metal before Aerosmith made it cool (and I'm an Aerosmith fan.) Then he joined the super-group Damn Yankees which made him relevant to newer listeners, even me with songs off the first album Damn Yankees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
This can't be repeated enough.

And even if it was true -- so f'n what....your actions/words have consequences. Being honored at the Rock'n Roll Hall of Fame is not a right owed to anybody, especially a 'd' list celebrity (yup that's generous -- he should be lower down on that list).
He maybe d-list and not the headline act that year but he damn well deserves it.

Old 08-13-2017, 09:40 PM

8,132 posts, read 3,671,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Uncle Ted, telling it like it is, in his flamboyant ways!

Gotta love the guy.
There is no reason but his politics, as to why he is not plastered on the walls of the R&R Hall of Fame.
Lol, sure that must be the reason. While Metallica (still with James, last time I checked) is in.

Not to say, that many deserving bands are not left out.

Old 08-13-2017, 09:43 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
The primary reason Ted Nugent is not in the Rock and Roll HOF is because his music does not merit induction.
Yep. That sums it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies