Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2017, 10:24 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times

Advertisements

I am proud of me and my whiteness.

Old 08-13-2017, 10:25 AM

16,069 posts, read 10,726,642 times
Pride in oneself is best displayed by example and by accomplishment. Waving confederate flags and joining Nazi, KKK or other hate groups demeans the very message of pride. It is a disgusting display of bigotry. White supremacy is not pride but a warped attempt to suppress others.

People can celebrate their heritage as something they are proud of...Irish, Italian, Greek, Chinese, Spanish, German, African, Caribbean, Mexican ...whatever it might be. Trying to impose a sense of supremacy is wrong and will always be resisted.

Old 08-13-2017, 10:29 AM

29,799 posts, read 24,880,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I am proud of me and my whiteness.
There are plenty of pathetic, weak minded white people in America. Many become drains on society, and are nothing short of parasites. Should they be proud of their whiteness too? If so, why?

Old 08-13-2017, 10:34 AM

16,069 posts, read 10,726,642 times
Here we go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I hope this stays rational and honest.

Old 08-13-2017, 10:36 AM

3,674 posts, read 3,033,442 times
Proud to be a Green Bay Packers fan lucky enough to live in Australia!
Who wouldn't be???

Old 08-13-2017, 10:39 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,948,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Why should you be proud of an accident by birth?

You should be proud of the accomplishments of you and your children not your skin color.

Minorities are taught to express racial pride to counteract past and to a lesser degree present racism.

What reason is there to express white pride?

So! What you are saying is that it is fine to say you are proud of your race unless you are a white person and then it is wrong to do so. Damn! The hypocrisy of some people.

Yes, I am proud of who I am and would not change places with anyone.

Old 08-13-2017, 10:42 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,948,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
There are plenty of pathetic, weak minded white people in America. Many become drains on society, and are nothing short of parasites. Should they be proud of their whiteness too? If so, why?

There are people like this in every race. Keep it rational like the OP requested.

Old 08-13-2017, 10:42 AM

2,144 posts, read 1,877,553 times
I don't understand being proud of anything you didn't make happen. Being black, white, Italian, tall, etc. You can like being those things, but pride comes from accomplishments, I think.

I enjoy my German heritage and the traditions passed down by my grandparents, etc., but I'm not proud to be German. I'm proud to have a successful business and proud to have raised kind-hearted, responsible young men. Those are things I actually did.

Old 08-13-2017, 10:44 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,202,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
White males, and generally everybody, in America won the birthing lottery no doubt about it. We could be rural subsistence farmers in Africa.
That is what Thomas Jefferson basically wanted us to be forever, a Yeoman farmer. Something akin to the Amish.

Revolutionary Achievement: Yeomen and Artisans [ushistory.org]

And without sounding too coarse, I would much rather be Amish than the equivalent in Africa or Asia. Why?

I do believe in evolution, and I think that intelligence tends to go hand-in-hand with cooperation and planning. When I say cooperation, I don't mean that you have a job, but as a social-construct, akin to something like the social-contract. It is something invisible which is understood, almost like ants who work and cooperate with each other as part of their nature, a mutual-understanding in a sense, not from force.

Most European societies developed from Christianity, and as the byproduct of serfdom. Where most people worked together in small villages, often in pretty harsh conditions, which took considerable "planning" to sustain. I think that this helped to shape Europe, along with the values of Christianity, which then came to America.

America wouldn't be America if it hadn't been colonized by British people. It would be Mexico, or Brazil, or Quebec, or something else. And not as good IMHO.

I don't really think of myself as white necessarily. Since the idea of white is kind of stupid. And white-nationalism is even dumber. But I do notice the differences between the peoples of the world. And I am proud of myself and my family.

Old 08-13-2017, 10:46 AM

29,799 posts, read 24,880,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
There are people like this in every race. Keep it rational like the OP requested.
It is rational to say that some people are a burden and drain on society. Facts substantiate this claim. Some people in America take more than they contribute. Every society has to deal with this inconvenient truth. The solution is to arm these people with the tools necessary to make positive changes and contribute. Job skills, education, instilling and encouraging work ethic, etc are the answer. Making excuses for them, or denying this truth will get us nowhere, and will encourage them to carry on with their unproductive lifestyle.

This is not a racial issue. It is a human issue. It knows no race. And it is real. Look at Venezuela today as glimpse into what happens when you make excuses for people, classify them as victims of capitalism, or deny the truth. Americans do not deserve that fate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies