Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2017, 12:40 PM

34,620 posts, read 21,496,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Why are black separist groups disproportionate to the population? 21% black hate group when they represent 13% of the population.
I think this thread has turned out much different than the OP envisioned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2017, 12:40 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,109,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Sorry, but without the criteria being published, their list is nothing but subjective opinion on their part and should not be considered as anything else.
I understand why the alt-right believes stuff like this. To each his own... For the rest of us, we know what's up...

Old 08-13-2017, 12:42 PM

19,763 posts, read 12,001,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
I did a quick visual check and estimated the percentage. That said, it's time to move on and stay on topic...
No offense but even a 3rd grader could see 193 out of 917 is closer to 20% and not less than 5% like you claimed in your OP.

Old 08-13-2017, 12:43 PM

Quote:
I think this thread has turned out much different than the OP envisioned.
No it didn't. We have a group of people that posted just to attack the SPLC. These same people voted for Trump and support many of the things the SPLC fights against...

This thread turned out exactly how I thought it would...

Old 08-13-2017, 12:43 PM

Quote:
I understand why the alt-right believes stuff like. To each his own... For the rest of us, we know what's up...
Believe what, facts?

It is a FACT SPLC refuses to publish the criteria for their list.

It is a FACT that groups are placed on their list simply because some of their views aren't PC.

The list is a sham, and it will remain so unless the criteria is released.

Old 08-13-2017, 12:44 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,168,824 times
Quote:
I disagree with his opinion.

My opinion is it's in response to all the other marches and rallies.

Example. If you are at a friend's dinner party. You might be passionate about politics, but you don't want to broach the subject; however, if others begin talking politics, you are much more likely to state your opinions.

I think the increase in the number of protests and rallies have sparked the desire of others to increase their presence and get their views out there.
None of this is new nor is it a result of any other marches and rallies. These hate groups have always been here. They are now much more emboldened to be out in the open. The President of the US is partly responsible due to his rhetoric and his 'winky eye' to these groups. These people are also scared and have been for a long time. Even though they are represented in all branches of government they still feel afraid. Not sure why but I am not a white supremacist.

If your dinner party were to be more like the actions in the last few days, the one who does not speak up does so after the host of the party gives a positive reaction to the view of the quiet guest. That guest then shots and kills those he is in disagreement with and the host helps cover it up. I know that is harsh but this is now what we all have to deal with.

Old 08-13-2017, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
No offense but even a 3rd grader could see 193 out of 917 is closer to 20% and not less than 5% like you claimed in your OP.
They add different branches of the same organization in their hate watch. I didn't have the time to put everything on a spread sheet and provide a pivot table for those like you who don't agree with the data in the first place. I've made my point..

Old 08-13-2017, 12:46 PM

Quote:
No it didn't. We have a group of people that posted just to attack the SPLC. These same people voted for Trump and support many of the things the SPLC fights against...

This thread turned out exactly how I thought it would...
So, people should just blindly follow?

Sorry, but no.

If you want to blindly follow a list for which you don't even know the criteria, knock yourself out, but those of us who prefer actual information, we will continue to point out the issues.

Old 08-13-2017, 12:48 PM

Quote:
They add different branches of the same organization in their hate watch. I didn't have the time to put everything on a spread sheet and provide a pivot table for those like you who don't agree with the data in the first place. I've made my point..
Data? What data?

The list is strictly based upon political opinion.

Old 08-13-2017, 12:50 PM

19,763 posts, read 12,001,179 times
Quote:
Who needs a spread sheet and pivot table? Those numbers were bullet points. Again, your average 8 yr old could see it clearly within seconds of clicking your link. A few seconds of review before making a silly claim would save you embarrassment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies