Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2017, 03:24 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,289,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
IMO, the TOO needs to be re-added at the end to make it more clear. Some people misconstrue it to mean "Black lives matter ONLY", when the intent is "Black lives matter TOO.".
You're being too kind. Anyone with half of a functioning brain knows the the term "black lives matter" doesn't mean that "ONLY black lives matter".

The only people that get that upset over BLM slogans are overt or closet white racists.

Period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2017, 03:27 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,224,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
No I don't have to respect the opinions of a terrorist organization that has killed thousands of innocent black people, raided and bombed black towns and places of worship, and had unprovoked violence against thousands more innocent black people. No, I DON'T need to respect anything that advocates for my oppression and dehumanization.

If the KKK was a black organization they would be named by the US government as a terrorist group and their right to speech and assembly in public places wouldn't exist, as it should be with these white supremacist groups. The US needs to stop defending and giving safe haven to these terrorists the same way they don't provide it for ISIS members and Al Qaeda.
Blacks perpetrate more violence against whites in this country in one year than these KKK type groups have perpetrated against blacks since their inception. Get real! Look at the FBI Uniform Crime Reports. Look at some facts instead of being led around by the nose!

Old 08-13-2017, 03:28 PM

57,233 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Sounds like a protest looking for a problem, next up hedge fund managers march on IRS complaining about taxes.

Old 08-13-2017, 03:28 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Default 'White Lives Matter' protest coming to Texas A&M University on September 11

It'll be a hot time in the old town that night.

Old 08-13-2017, 03:34 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,089,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
You're being too kind. Anyone with half of a functioning brain knows the the term "black lives matter" doesn't mean that "ONLY black lives matter".

The only people that get that upset over BLM slogans are overt or closet white racists.

Period.
To be fair... BLM have a PR problem... While the intent is "BLM too" certain groups that identify as BLM are not sticking to message allowing others to leverage that media coverage to define BLM as anti white and anti cop. It may not be true but perceptions is everything when it comes to organized movement,

Old 08-13-2017, 03:38 PM

H
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
Whites are under attack because liberals think you're racist, a supremacist and whatever. And it comes from self-hating white liberals.
We do not police thought... One is allowed to think another is racist or a supremist. To insinuate that white supremacists simply do not want to be thought as a racist and leave it that is disingenuous.

They want a lot more than a change in image and reputation... A lot more...

Old 08-13-2017, 03:47 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,442,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
So do you feel that people who disagree with white supremacy should be silenced?

That poster saying that their free speech wouldn't be "tolerated" can mean many things. I took it to mean that other, non-racist Americans, we will use our own free speech to counter what white supremacist are saying.

Do you feel that we should not? Do people not have a right to counter the free speech of others?
Nope..not what I'm saying at all..I'm saying that when confrontation is clearly the goal..when any reasonable person can see that violence will result---to continue is a reckless act---that could lead to a jail sentence..in the right/wrong circumstances.

I asked if that was counterproductive?

I completely support free speech--odd though...that any party could say the same things they have to say..on different days, at different venues--yet both sides yearn for confrontation. Why is that confrontation the only way to exercise your rights?

Old 08-13-2017, 03:58 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
NOT ON 911.

This irritates me to no end.

Old 08-13-2017, 04:00 PM

Any protest..., doesnt matter what movement... On 911 is extremely tactless.

Old 08-13-2017, 04:43 PM

1,875 posts, read 1,325,755 times
Nothing to see here folks.... please move along.. its "just your racist imagination"

Whites apparently aren't allowed to have pride in themselves...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies