Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2017, 05:30 PM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,275,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I would pray that Woodrow Wilson and FDR would be next. Glorifying Racists and people who create Internment camps is about as low as you can go.
Pikers, compared to out and out traitors. False equivalency at it's finest. That's all your side has is vapid rhetorical tricks to try and make an argument. Because there is no argument. Traitors are the lowest of the low in our country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2017, 05:31 PM
TKO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Obama is a racist, and everyone knows it, yet the ALT Left love him.
No, they don't and he isn't. Can't you come up with anything better than that? Weak.

Old 08-14-2017, 05:33 PM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Uh, on. Imperial Japan bombed on the USA first. Do not try that false equivalency crap. This is just my opinion. I think you find the Confederates to be honorable, despite evidence that the Confederate cause was horrible. However, rather than defend it, the tactic is to use false equivalencies.
So you get to pick who the bad guys are/were? Because I would choose slavery over being burned alive.

Old 08-14-2017, 05:37 PM
TKO

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
So you get to pick who the bad guys are/were? Because I would choose slavery over being burned alive.
And that would be yet another false equivalency. You're on a roll, I'm gonna call you butter.

Old 08-14-2017, 05:41 PM

72,977 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I'd rather be burned alive than be a slave. Live Free or Die is my motto. Yes, I will pick who is hero and who is the bad guy. This is based on FACTS. The fact is, we were at war with Japan, a war that Japan started. Japan started is, the USA finished it. Confederates started a war so that they could keep enslaving people. The causes are not the same. You are using false equivalency. Prove me wrong. If you can't, then just admit that you side with the Confederates.

Old 08-14-2017, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
And that would be yet another false equivalency. You're on a roll, I'm gonna call you butter.
Yes, more false equivalency. You cannot compare Confederate soldiers to USA soldiers. The circumstances were different. The Confederate states were fighting to keep slavery. The US Marines were fighting against a nation that start a war with the USA. The Imperial Navy of Japan attacked Pearl Harbor. We fought back. I dare any person to compare Confederate soldiers to the USMC of WWII.

Old 08-14-2017, 05:45 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,934,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailsock View Post
That's exactly what it's about. The left can't handle reality or history. They live in a politically correct bubble where things that offend them must simply go away. The slavery era is being completely removed from history books in schools because the truth is too harsh for liberals. It's really pathetic
This has got to be the silliest and most untrue statement I've seen in a long time.

The African American community and their white allies won't EVER let us forget about slavery, the plantation system, Jim Crow laws. Removing it from history books????? Sheesh! Every single movie and TV production about that era is about the rehashing of slavery and Jim Crow. Now they are talking about reparations which seems ill-advised to me: no slaves are alive, no one alive remembers those days, the majority of American citizens are descended from immigrants who arrived here AFTER the Civil War and had no stake in slavery.

No, tailsock - the historical truth is not pretty: it was about human slavery and human trafficking, rape and sexual servitude, forced labor without compensation, theft and embezzlement. It was not about moonlight and magnolias and mint juleps. It was not about happy slaves playing the banjo for Massa and Missus.

Believe me ... the African American community will not ever let us forget about their enslaved ancestors.

Last edited by Clark Park; 08-14-2017 at 05:55 PM..

Old 08-14-2017, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
This has got to be the silliest and most untrue statement I've seen in a long time.

The African American community and their white allies won't EVER let us forget about slavery, the plantation system, Jim Crow laws. Removing it from history books????? Sheesh! Every single movie and TV production about that era is about the rehashing of slavery and Jim Crow. Now they are talking about reparations which seems ill-advised to me: no slaves are alive, no one alive remembers those deays, the majority of American citizens are descended from immigrants who arrived here AFTER the Civil War and had no stake in slavery.

No, tailsock - the historical truth is not pretty: it was about human slavery and human trafficking, rape and sexual servitude, forced labor without compensation, theft and embezzlement. It was not about moonlight and magnolias and mint juleps. It was not about happy slaves playing the banjo for Massa and Missus.

Believe me ... the African American community will not ever let us forget about their enslaved ancestors.
Human rights abuses should never be forgotten. We cannot forget. History isn't pretty. I can agree with you on that. Some things need to be learned. Many times, we don't want to learn, because then we have to decide whether to do better or not.

Old 08-14-2017, 05:57 PM

23,534 posts, read 17,208,400 times
Default Democrat sen Byrd and high level KKK member,is rolling over in his grave

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
It's not about erasing history. It's about not celebrating those that fought in support of those things that are now viewed as wrong.

I'm all for recognizing and learning from history. I don't think we need to elevate the wrong side to hero status.
So roundup all the japanese and german cars as they are a monument to hate, torture, antisemitism, racism and mass murder

Any dems here want to denounce the late sen byrd a former member of the KKK upper echelon. his name should be srticken from the rolls of legislators.

Being wrong in an argument is not grounds for removing from existence.

the hypersensitivity has to be taught. There is no consensus or natrual conclusion Robert E lee caused PTSD.

Basically what needs to be discusssed is the sudden dramatic cultural destruction induced by some splinter group and magnified by the media.

that discussion will never take place, as any opposition to the media's narrative will be charged with some newly minted racist term.

Not everyone thinks of slavery when they think of REL.

Dems and activists take a page from ISIs, taliban, communist bloc where culture is the first to be eliminated. Smacks of the mass murder of the Polish elite by Russian troops.

Old 08-14-2017, 06:04 PM

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,607 posts, read 1,084,706 times

Eventually they will all be taken down or vandalized if left up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...tes_of_America

They may melt them down to make a peace memorial to appease the people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies