Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 05:49 AM

110 posts, read 58,277 times

Advertisements

The load of crap is representing you at the Democratic convention. Good luck!

Old 03-19-2008, 07:52 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Um.... I hate to point out the single fact that we did exactly what you stated we should have done..

Last I checked Hussain was hung and "eliminated"

al-qaeda is on the verge of being eliminated

Glad to see you're finally supporting what we've been saying all along.
Once again you fail to read AND understand what I write which was :

"You actually take the time to find the one who hit you and then eliminate them. "

You've also apparently failed to read the the numerous reports that conclude SADDAM HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH 9/11 Check the title of the thread. there's a clue there

Old 03-19-2008, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WKUHilltopper View Post
The load of crap is representing you at the Democratic convention. Good luck!

Please, try to get out of the '50s, there hasn't been anybody representing the average American at either party's convention for a very long time.

Old 03-19-2008, 07:56 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,476,088 times
Quote:
Um.... I hate to point out the single fact that we did exactly what you stated we should have done. Last I checked Hussain was hung and "eliminated".
Might as well have hanged Vicente Fox for all he had to do with 9/11.

Quote:
al-qaeda is on the verge of being eliminated
al-Qaeda is on the verge of being eliminated. The Surge is working. The insurgency is in its last throes. We'll be welcomed as liberators. Reality has really never been much of a constraint for you guys, has it...

Quote:
Glad to see you're finally supporting what we've been saying all along.
What you've been saying all along was, is, and ever shall be a load of crap. You've been wrong about absolutely everything. Nice going...

Old 03-19-2008, 08:23 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Once again you fail to read AND understand what I write which was :

"You actually take the time to find the one who hit you and then eliminate them. "

You've also apparently failed to read the the numerous reports that conclude SADDAM HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH 9/11 Check the title of the thread. there's a clue there
You also failed to read the numerous votes and speaches in Congress that said we did not attack Iraq because of 9/11... Even Senator Clinton stated so during her "Yes" vote to invade. See following post for her EXACT words, and where she very clearly stated that she was voting yes and it had nothing to do with al Quaeda.

Last edited by pghquest; 03-19-2008 at 08:35 AM..

Old 03-19-2008, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Might as well have hanged Vicente Fox for all he had to do with 9/11.

al-Qaeda is on the verge of being eliminated. The Surge is working. The insurgency is in its last throes. We'll be welcomed as liberators. Reality has really never been much of a constraint for you guys, has it...

What you've been saying all along was, is, and ever shall be a load of crap. You've been wrong about absolutely everything. Nice going...
I guess if you say so then it must be true!! Its a shame that Senator Clinton admitted that our invasion to Iraq had nothing to do with the al-Qaeda network. BIG surprise that the official pentagon study found no credible link, thats been known since before we even invaded. Way to bring up new news story thats really 7 yeras old, especially considering the fact that even the Democrats knew there was no credible link.

Senator Clintons rationality in going to war
"He used chemical weapons on Iraqi Kurds and on Iranians, killing over 20 thousand people. Unfortunately, during the 1980's, while he engaged in such horrific activity, he enjoyed the support of the American government, because he had oil and was seen as a counterweight to the Ayatollah Khomeini in Iran. "

"In 1998, the United States also changed its underlying policy toward Iraq from containment to regime change and began to examine options to effect such a change, including support for Iraqi opposition leaders within the country and abroad." (um.. who was president in 1998, I forget)

In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including Al Qaeda members, though there is apparently no evidence of his involvement in the terrible events of September 11, 2001.

When you guys stop making up arguments that they are related, then we can get passed the fact that people did not vote to go to war because they are related. They very clearly, by their own words, voted to go to war, and the rationality in doing so had nothing to do with September 11th.

Old 03-19-2008, 08:58 AM

Quote:
You also failed to read the numerous votes and speaches in Congress that said we did not attack Iraq because of 9/11... Even Senator Clinton stated so during her "Yes" vote to invade. See following post for her EXACT words, and where she very clearly stated that she was voting yes and it had nothing to do with al Quaeda.

You're a very confused person! I said we should've found out who attacked us and eliminated them, YOU said we were doing exactly that by eliminating Saddam which is nothing but YOUR delusion.
I didn't say we attacked Iraq because of 9/11, I said we should have attacked those responsible for 9/11. You really should make at least an attempt at understanding what you read.

Old 03-19-2008, 09:00 AM

Quote:
When you guys stop making up arguments that they are related, then we can get passed the fact that people did not vote to go to war because they are related. They very clearly, by their own words, voted to go to war, and the rationality in doing so had nothing to do with September 11th.

And the irrationality is making Iraq, which was not an imminent threat, a priority in the wake of 9/11.

Old 03-19-2008, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
You're a very confused person! I said we should've found out who attacked us and eliminated them, YOU said we were doing exactly that by eliminating Saddam which is nothing but YOUR delusion.
I didn't say we attacked Iraq because of 9/11, I said we should have attacked those responsible for 9/11. You really should make at least an attempt at understanding what you read.
We have first attacked Saddam Hussain and killed him, which you agreed per your own statements. (unless he's not dead.. I'm sure you'll blame some conspiracy and next say he was never killed)

Then I pointed out that al-Quada and Saddam were not linked, EVER.. Not even BEFORE we invaded. Congress by their own admission at that time, stated that they were not linked. Coming out with some "new" Pentagon study saying they are not linked is not really news if Congress knew 7 years ago that they werent linked. It might be news to you and the OP, but never did Congress attempt to even link the two of them.

Finally al-Quada had camps in Iraq, (even the 911 Commission report stated they were inside of Iraq). That seems to be ok with you but to me its not. If your going to attack and kill the terrorists, you actually need to go do that dont you? Wishing them dead is not a viable option because it doesnt work.

Last edited by pghquest; 03-19-2008 at 09:27 AM..

Old 03-19-2008, 09:07 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,476,088 times
You should also make at least an attempt at understanding what you read with respect to Sen. Clinton's floor speech in 2002...

He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including Al Qaeda members...

...before you post tripe such as...

Its a shame that Senator Clinton admitted that our invasion to Iraq had nothing to do with the al-Qaeda network.

You should as well review the history that proclaims quite loudly that the vote (the outcome of which was never in doubt) was not for war or invasion, but to establish a "credible threat of force" by which to urge Saddam into more full and timely compliance with the requirements of applicable UN Security Coucil resolutions. Force was to be the LAST resort...not the first. That, of course, is NOT the way the authorization, once passed, was actually applied by the Bushies...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies