Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2017, 01:30 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
So, I found the organizer's Twitter account. She says right on it that she did it, doesn't regret it, and posted additional photos and videos of it. So, not so sure they need to be doxxed as they seem quite proud of it.
Can you link it?

I guess there's two parts to this process:

1. Dox folks you don't agree with.
2. If already doxed continue to apply pressure on their employers.

I mean...why dox if you aren't certain you've upset the subject's life?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2017, 01:32 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Protesters have knocked over a statue in front of a courthouse in Durham, North Carolina.

Durham protesters topple Confederate statue outside courthouse | abc11.com

Should folks on social media inform the employers of these protesters considering they've committed a criminal act?

Folks who simply attended the rally this past weekend in Virginia were doxxed. These folks who took part in toppling the statue have actually broken the law.

http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/EnactedL...GS_14-132.html

Will you support outing these protesters? Did you support outing the protesters this past weekend?
If you look at the video you can see that the majority of these protestors are angry teens and tweens (go figure) so, I doubt most of them have jobs. They all had a free Monday to gather and destroy a statue, then they were all kicking it like morons.

Jobs, nope.

Quote:
Can you link it?

I guess there's two parts to this process:

1. Dox folks you don't agree with.
2. If already doxed continue to apply pressure on their employers.

I mean...why dox if you aren't certain you've upset the subject's life?
Don't care about doxxing them, just care about them being charged, fined, and sentenced to community service. These kids need to do something good for their community. I'd say 100-200 hours would compensate for a day of stupidity.

Old 08-15-2017, 01:37 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
If you look at the video you can see that the majority of these protestors are angry teens and tweens (go figure) so, I doubt most of them have jobs. They all had a free Monday to gather and destroy a statue, then they were all kicking it like morons.

Jobs, nope.

Don't care about doxxing them, just care about them being charged, fined, and sentenced to community service. These kids need to do something good for their community. I'd say 100-200 hours would compensate for a day of stupidity.
So I was perusing the organizer's Twitter feed and they've started a call in campaign to the Durham Sheriff and DA because it appears the Sheriff is going to pursue felony charges.

Old 08-15-2017, 01:40 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,792,465 times
I hate getting old, Dox?? To Dox someone? It's like shorthand in middle school. Then you have a dog called a Daschund, which many people pronounce Doxxen.

The Antifa doxxed me on twitter, try that 10 years ago, lol.

Why can't it just be dime dropper or snitches get stiches.

Old 08-15-2017, 01:44 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,832,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
I hate getting old, Dox?? To Dox someone? It's like shorthand in middle school. Then you have a dog called a Daschund, which many people pronounce Doxxen.

The Antifa doxxed me on twitter, try that 10 years ago, lol.

Why can't it just be dime dropper or snitches get stiches.
Cause, like, no one wants to use your bogus grandpa slang. They would rather use the totally radical new slang all the extreme cool dudez are using.

Now if you will excuuuuze me, I need to ride my skateboard down to the 7-11 to get some Doritos and Mountain Dew!

Old 08-15-2017, 01:50 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
So I was perusing the organizer's Twitter feed and they've started a call in campaign to the Durham Sheriff and DA because it appears the Sheriff is going to pursue felony charges.
The only felony would be those that climbed the statue and pulled it down. The majority of the kids were just lathered up by the main activists, which is always the case.

I'm not even sure a felony applies, but it would certainly be pleaded down to...wait for it... a misdemeanor destruction of property, a fine, and community service. The only caveat would be those who may already have a record, which might nullify a plea.

We'll see. These extreme protestors have a recent history of getting a pass for some unknown reason. This is why they have become so emboldened.

Can anyone remember Viet Nam protestors showing up in riot gear, covered faces, with bats and 2x4s with screws in them?

I've never witnessed anything like what's been happening over the last 18 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Cause, like, no one wants to use your bogus grandpa slang. They would rather use the totally radical new slang all the extreme cool dudez are using.

Now if you will excuuuuze me, I need to ride my skateboard down to the 7-11 to get some Doritos and Mountain Dew!

OKAY, THAT is funnay! ...and it's Flaming Hot Chito's and a gigantic slurpee!

Old 08-15-2017, 01:59 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,792,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post

We were robbed of good slang, saying "ain't" in the first grade in catholic school got your hand slapped like you wrote with your left hand.

Old 08-15-2017, 02:33 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Felony charges?

Wow, I didn't set that on the table from my browsing of NC's statutes.

Have to see what he wants to throw against the wall to see if it will stick.

Old 08-15-2017, 02:46 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,808,426 times
Quote:
Felony charges?

Wow, I didn't set that on the table from my browsing of NC's statutes.

Have to see what he wants to throw against the wall to see if it will stick.
Likely "inciting a riot" which is usually a felony depending on the state laws.

http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/EnactedL...S_14-288.2.pdf

Old 08-15-2017, 02:54 PM

16,082 posts, read 10,747,693 times
Quote:
But the same people who don't like Nazis more than vandals also don't like law breakers more than those that abide by the law.

There's a moral/logical inconsistency there.

If you report the Nazis then you should surely report the law breakers....if you're being consistent.
There is plenty of film footage to cover the legal side of the question...people caught in the act. I suspect charges will be filed. Employers have rules that, in some cases, might cover and discipline this behavior. Some employers might consider it a public service to pull down rebel statues. If you are going to act out in a public place in front of cameras you should be prepared to pay the price...there are consequences for our actions so don't whine about it if you get caught. I suppose you could sneak around at night wearing a sheet and a hood like some do. The Boston Tea Party crew dressed like Indians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies