Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2017, 01:37 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,092,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
I'm glad that I won't be around to see it. Once the liberals get back in power, Islam will take over- that's what America will look like. For a preview, watch what is happening in France, Germany, etc.
If you want to prevent that form happening, you support conservative politicians who believe in dialogues. This allows liberals and conservatives to have debate, meaning neither side is shoving policy through and acting as though they are ordained by God with the right policy.

In short, not Donald Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2017, 01:38 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,092,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Pretty boring if everyone looks alike. How can you appreciate the beauty of someone different if they look like you? I have identical twins and they wish they did not look exactly alike though they are very close.
I don't think they're saying everyone will look like that, rather that racial ambiguity is going to become significantly more common.

Old 08-15-2017, 01:54 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,763,233 times
I think miscegenation is a good thing. Hopefully it will improve people's health too.

Can you imagine how difficult it'll be to insult someone's race? Everybody will have a little bit of everything so there will be no other choice but to be accepting.

It's a good start.

Now, if we could get rid of religion....

Old 08-15-2017, 01:57 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,763,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Would I consider it an improvement? Not necessarily. I think the wild diversity of the human face is beautiful.

Do I find it threatening? Nope. Kinda sad, though, to think that we all need to look alike to love one another.
That's just it though. We won't look alike.

Miscegenation produces all sorts of possibilities.

Old 08-15-2017, 02:11 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,272,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
No one said that.
Well, the linked article mentions "it's beautiful."

I have nothing against changes that happen organically as a result of free humans making choices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Can you imagine how difficult it'll be to insult someone's race? Everybody will have a little bit of everything so there will be no other choice but to be accepting.
Right, that's exactly how it will be. No more victimhood groups. No more hate groups or supremacy groups. No more blaming oppressors. No more retributive social engineering based on background.

Color me dubious.

Old 08-15-2017, 03:41 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
That's encouraging.

Was watching a video clip from Charlottesville showing a stream of Unite the Right/White marchers with tiki torches. One gaggle of chinless men who looked amazingly similar got me to thinking that maybe a little diversity in their bloodlines wouldn't be such a bad idea.

But you're not a racist, right?

Old 08-15-2017, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
I think miscegenation is a good thing. Hopefully it will improve people's health too.

It's a good start.

Now, if we could get rid of religion....

I thought you liberal lefties were all for diversity. I guess just as long as it means diluting the white race, that's the kind of diversity you want, right? Irregardless of what people will look like in the future there will always be culture clash. That will never change in a so-called multi-cultural society.

Old 08-15-2017, 03:45 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,589,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
Well, the linked article mentions "it's beautiful."

I have nothing against changes that happen organically as a result of free humans making choices. Right, that's exactly how it will be. No more victimhood groups. No more hate groups or supremacy groups. No more blaming oppressors. No more retributive social engineering based on background.
:
That is why certain people do not want it to happen.

Old 08-15-2017, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Pretty boring if everyone looks alike. How can you appreciate the beauty of someone different if they look like you? I have identical twins and they wish they did not look exactly alike though they are very close.

I agree. It would be pretty boring if we all looked alike.

Old 08-15-2017, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
This is what America is projected to look like by mid-century due to the blending of cultures and races. I wish I could be here to see it. We apparently will be getting a lot prettier, like the Polynesians.

https://mic.com/articles/87359/natio...ful#.kN8kPtBiB
Hmm. No more blue-eyed blondes or redheads and that's a good thing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies