Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2017, 12:21 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Haplogroups, genetic clustering. You are suggesting the continuum fallacy. For example just because there are shades of colors doesn't mean you can't identify colors. There are racial clines but also definable groups.
Haplogroups and genetic clusters are not races of people lol.

FYI, I have very dark skinned cousins who have a European yDNA haplogroup. Would you consider them "white?"

Many black American males have a European haplogroup on the y-chromosome due to both slavery and the fact that in early colonial America white men and black/"mullatto" women freely cohabited and reproduced.

There are dozens of haplogroups. How can you consider each one a subspecies or "race."

I agree they are "genetic clusters" but the sociological concept of "race" (white, black, Asian, Indigenous, or some other form thereof that you agree with) do not always correspond with genetic cluster based on Y haplogropus and mitochondrial DNA from the X chromosomes.

Again, realistically, we are all the same race.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2017, 12:29 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Haplogroups and genetic clusters are not races of people lol.

FYI, I have very dark skinned cousins who have a European yDNA haplogroup. Would you consider them "white?"

Many black American males have a European haplogroup on the y-chromosome due to both slavery and the fact that in early colonial America white men and black/"mullatto" women freely cohabited and reproduced.

There are dozens of haplogroups. How can you consider each one a subspecies or "race."

I agree they are "genetic clusters" but the sociological concept of "race" (white, black, Asian, Indigenous, or some other form thereof that you agree with) do not always correspond with genetic cluster based on Y haplogropus and mitochondrial DNA from the X chromosomes.

Again, realistically, we are all the same race.

He probably will not comment again on this subject......lol. Still wondering why he does not consider himself a "haplo realist" as opposed to a "race realist".

Old 08-17-2017, 12:30 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I think a lot of whites separate themselves from white extremist groups due to not sharing the emotions of hate, all while sharing most of their reasoning concerning race. They don't have a problem with many of their beliefs about blacks, for example, as much as they have a problem with their hatred and solutions.

Its a deflection to focus on hate. The real connection is in reasoning and beliefs. Its no coincidence that these white extremist groups are almost all conservatives/libertarian/Republican. The rhetoric and mantra of the political right supports the belief and aims of white supremacy. Other than hate, the mainstream white conservative is not all that different from white nationalist. I mean, these extremist groups agenda is best carried through republican ideology.....which is why they vote republican. This is not to suggest that there are no racist white liberals, but rather, I am suggesting that the philosophy and mantra of the Republican/conservative movement implicitly supports white supremacy, at least as it relates to blacks.
Have you ever asked yourself why all these educated, intelligent people have these opinions of non white people?

I have an older brother who is one of the smartest people you could ever meet. When he was in the corporate world he saved his company millions with his common sense ideas, he retired at 50 because he made so much money. He can take a crappy old house and turn it into a showplace within months. His landscaping jobs have ended up in magazines.

But he's a terrible racist. Why is that?

Old 08-17-2017, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Have you ever asked yourself why all these educated, intelligent people have these opinions of non white people?

I have an older brother who is one of the smartest people you could ever meet. When he was in the corporate world he saved his company millions with his common sense ideas, he retired at 50 because he made so much money. He can take a crappy old house and turn it into a showplace within months. His landscaping jobs have ended up in magazines.

But he's a terrible racist. Why is that?
I don't know...pull my finger.

Old 08-17-2017, 12:50 PM

628 posts, read 663,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montydean View Post
by the mid-17th century Europeans had invented the printing press, compass, gunpowder, telescope, and even a working prototype of the submarine.

by the mid-17th century Africans had invented - the spear.
written language? no
Two story buildings? no
wheel? no

and if you say that its because of resources I will point you to Iceland. Meanwhile in resource rich Nigeria...

Keep in mind that this is all prior to colonialism (which brought Africans into the modern world).

So, if we are all intellectual equals, then why do you think whites had all of these inventions while blacks could not?
anyone?

Old 08-17-2017, 12:59 PM

2,528 posts, read 1,656,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
When your people escaped to this country, were they able find housing?
Not always.
Racial Restrictive Covenants
Quote:
Were they able to attend colleges and universities?
Not always.
https://scholarworks.iu.edu/journals...File/4623/4255

Quote:
Told to drink from their own water fountains?
It's very bad and humiliating but it has no influence on education or any other significant thing.

Quote:
Were they sympathized with for what they had suffered for the most part or were they further reviled?
Told to "get over it?"

I don't think so.
The difference is that we got over it, so there is no point to tell it to us.

Old 08-17-2017, 01:05 PM

Quote:
How were they welcomed?

I seem to recall some news about forced sterilizations of Ethiopian Jews.
Doesn't sound particularly welcoming to me.

You probably don't realize it, but you've just proven the OP's point.
We, as immigrants from USSR, could only dream about what they got from the government. No, no sterilization, god forbid. It's some BDS nonsense.
They got FREE APARTMENTS, AA in the universities, tons of money. There is no immigrating group in the whole world that got such benefits.
But of course they had problems. They came from the stone age to a modern country.

Quote:
anyone?

Uh....it was not necessitated in Africa? Necessity being the mother of invention.....such things were not necessary for the survival of Africans. Keep in mind that Africans have been on earth, according to scientist, longer than any humans. Meaning, that we have mastered survival.

Furthermore, whose inventions will likely destroy the planet or ecological system first?

Which is superior......a sprinter or long distance runner? Ahhhhhh....a thinking person would say it depends on where the finish line is. Thus, I ask the question......where is the finish line for humanity?

If the sprinter and long distance runner start at the same time, the sprinter will be far ahead of the long distance runner but the sprinter burns up a massive amount of resources and energy to accomplish this....and will soon be exhausted. On the other hand, the slower pace of the long distance runner will eventually make up and surpass the displacement with the sprinter......in time.

What is best for humanity.....a fast existence where we exhaust all resources to live more hedonistic for a short period of time of human existence, or a slower pace in which resources and humanity runs longer? In other words, how many licks does it take to get the the center of the tootsie pop?

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
anyone?
This isn't going to end well...

LOL

Old 08-17-2017, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
A lot of blacks tell their kids that they to work twice as hard, but as I've gotten older I don't think people realize how psychologically detrimental that is.
My mother told me the same, that I need to work twice as hard as a gentile to get the same position. So I'm working twice as hard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies