Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2017, 07:19 PM

1,649 posts, read 1,007,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Because he likened them to the same as the far left, which isn't right. The KKK and the like are very clear with what they believe and want. The far left are just intolerant people thinking they are preaching freedom and equality, when in reality they just a bunch of hypocrites. I can't stand them, but the KKK and the far left are on completely different levels on the s***-o-meter.

In ideology hate groups like the KKK or Neo Nazis are far worse, but the far left groups are more violent and cause far more problems in 2017.

I can't believe I'm saying that either, but it's true as messed up as that sounds. These hate groups are all bark and no bite unlike the far left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2017, 07:28 PM

1,816 posts, read 1,149,689 times
Quote:
It's a shame Trump is making the same mistake Obama made... Obama made the mistake of tip-toe-ing after any terrorist attack by addressing it for what it is, a radical Muslim following radical Islam. It made people question why, why are you acting like you are afraid to call them out. Trump is doing the same thing with White supremacists who are actual racists, not the generic label Liberals give to anyone who disagrees with them.

It's a shame because unless White nationalists stop having these protests and rallies or if Trump starts being very direct in calling them out and not anyone else, this could very well be the kiss of death for 2020. It's a shame too because most everything else, I think he is doing a great job.
You are making a silly and inaccurate comparison and Trump is not only doing a terrible job in putting down these hate groups, but has bupkus to show for his 7 months in office. He is also failing mightily in calling out these creeps for what they are and flunking the test of being our moral leader in a time of crisis.

He is floundering badly and is in the process of losing his ability to effectively govern and unify our country in any meaningful way.

He is just not up to the job - bigly!

Old 08-15-2017, 07:36 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,928,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
You are making a silly and inaccurate comparison and Trump is not only doing a terrible job in putting down these hate groups, but has bupkus to show for his 7 months in office. He is also failing mightily in calling out these creeps for what they are and flunking the test of being our moral leader in a time of crisis.

He is floundering badly and is in the process of losing his ability to effectively govern and unify our country in any meaningful way.

He is just not up to the job - bigly!
There is no way to unify the country when it comes to politics. Trump could give every illegal alien in this country $1 million and citizenship and Liberals will find a reason to complain about him and vice versa. That is just reality.

Old 08-15-2017, 07:41 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,905,438 times
Quote:
There is no way to unify the country when it comes to politics. Trump could give every illegal alien in this country $1 million and citizenship and Liberals will find a reason to complain about him and vice versa. That is just reality.
I think there are things he could have done - the problem now is that his period of "I'm gonna give Trump a chance" for most people has passed. Most people are pretty much firmly against anything he does now.

If he had come out with moderate views, and a willingness to compromise and work with other people in Congress vs. the "shoot-from-the-hip" stuff he pulled back in January/February, that would have been an easy way to start. Even if his promises were hollow and meaningless, they would have at least helped bring the country together.

Old 08-15-2017, 08:00 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,928,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
I think there are things he could have done - the problem now is that his period of "I'm gonna give Trump a chance" for most people has passed. Most people are pretty much firmly against anything he does now.

If he had come out with moderate views, and a willingness to compromise and work with other people in Congress vs. the "shoot-from-the-hip" stuff he pulled back in January/February, that would have been an easy way to start. Even if his promises were hollow and meaningless, they would have at least helped bring the country together.
Liberals gave him no chance, the day after the election, the protests started... the only way the country has a chance on being more unified politically is if the media goes back to reporting the news instead of being 99% opinionated hosts. That's the real problem, Conservatives watch Conservatives in the media and Liberals watch Liberals in the media... it just pushes them further right or left. Most of the crap that comes out on both sides is out of context or intentionally being blown up.

Old 08-15-2017, 09:28 PM

1,260 posts, read 2,043,202 times
Quote:
Liberals gave him no chance, the day after the election, the protests started... the only way the country has a chance on being more unified politically is if the media goes back to reporting the news instead of being 99% opinionated hosts. That's the real problem, Conservatives watch Conservatives in the media and Liberals watch Liberals in the media... it just pushes them further right or left. Most of the crap that comes out on both sides is out of context or intentionally being blown up.
His issues started with haphazard roll out of the 1st version of travel ban in January. Media or not, when you issue an executive order without working out the details of its implementation (hence green card holders stranded at airports), it's going to draw criticism.
You would think he'd learn from his mistake, but fast forward to July and we have his tweet about transgenders no longer allowed in the military. And then everybody, including Pentagon, is left with unanswered questions regarding specifics.

These are just two examples that can't be pinned on media taking words out of context or whining liberals, don't you think?

Old 08-15-2017, 09:38 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,877,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
The OP is watching too much TV. Trump's comments have been well balanced, moderate and appropriate on this issue while the media has foamed at the mouth. This is more winning.
News flash, "Zeig heil!" or "Hail victory!" are fighting words.

Old 08-15-2017, 09:42 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,091,750 times
Quote:
It's a shame Trump is making the same mistake Obama made... Obama made the mistake of tip-toe-ing after any terrorist attack by addressing it for what it is, a radical Muslim following radical Islam. It made people question why, why are you acting like you are afraid to call them out. Trump is doing the same thing with White supremacists who are actual racists, not the generic label Liberals give to anyone who disagrees with them.

It's a shame because unless White nationalists stop having these protests and rallies or if Trump starts being very direct in calling them out and not anyone else, this could very well be the kiss of death for 2020. It's a shame too because most everything else, I think he is doing a great job.
He did denounce them though.

It took him a while, and in that time, I tended to agree with your argument, and it generally still stands, though I took a different angle. I don't think Trump is racist. I think he's an opportunist. I think he expressed hesitance to denounce the Nazism going on becasue he knows those people most likely voted for him, and it's generally politically dangerous to criticize your voters. Lucky for us, it's also pretty politically dangerous to not criticize people who wave Nazi flags.

My issue, and this is still true, is that if Obama took two days to address the specific problem, Trump would tweet about how awful Obama is. I think Trump's a hypocrite. But he did denounce the Nazis and it's not fair to pretend that he didn't.

Old 08-15-2017, 09:43 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,877,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioToCO View Post
His issues started with haphazard roll out of the 1st version of travel ban in January. Media or not, when you issue an executive order without working out the details of its implementation (hence green card holders stranded at airports), it's going to draw criticism.
You would think he'd learn from his mistake, but fast forward to July and we have his tweet about transgenders no longer allowed in the military. And then everybody, including Pentagon, is left with unanswered questions regarding specifics.

These are just two examples that can't be pinned on media taking words out of context or whining liberals, don't you think?
How could I? He is a ******* hypocrite. He berated Hillary as "Crooked Hillary" And Sen. Cruz as "Lying Ted". Not that I like either but Trump's house is glass and we all know the saying about people throwing stones at another house... If i did a Trump lies drinling game during a debate, I would have drank myself to death. If only people knew of his tri-state area real estate doings, I think a number of people would have thought twice and stashed at home. I don't think "NYC liberals" were the reason Trump lost New Jersey, New York or Connecticut. Just saying...

Old 08-16-2017, 12:17 AM

39,855 posts, read 26,477,889 times
Quote:

Thing is-Trump has denounced the KKK and White Supremacists, and the violence they committed. Obama never once denounced Islam, let alone BLM, for the violent acts they committed. In fact he supported both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies