Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2017, 11:04 PM

776 posts, read 394,418 times

Advertisements

Republicans tend to support parental consent abortion laws, abstinence-only sex ed, and corporal punishment.

Democrats tend to support high drinking ages, high smoking ages, high school leaving ages, and strict GDL laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2017, 11:35 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,811,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redguitar77111 View Post
Republicans tend to support parental consent abortion laws, abstinence-only sex ed, and corporal punishment.

Democrats tend to support high drinking ages, high smoking ages, high school leaving ages, and strict GDL laws.
Abstinence only sex-ed doesn't work

I grew up in a Republican household where my strict parents wouldn't allow me to live my own life even after I moved out. I had like the ultimate helecopter parents. Even as late as age 29, they would make sure I went to church and they policed my social media.

As far as high drinking ages, I would say a lot of liberals support it being lowered to 18. If you can serve your country, you should be able to drink a beer. In regards to the smoking age, raising the smoking age is an effort to help curb smoking rates. If raising the age helps prevent people from ever starting smoking to begin with, it's worth it. The big problem with cigarette smoking is its an addiction and if people don't start when they are young, they likely won't ever. Most people who become smokers start before age 21 and nearly all smokers started before age 25. It's extremely rare to pick up smoking after age 25.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies