Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 07:16 AM

4,204 posts, read 2,341,204 times

Advertisements

Trump's latest executive order would speed approvals of permits for highways, bridges, pipelines and other major building efforts, without harming the environment.

"It's going to be quick. It's going to be a very streamlined process. And by the way, if it doesn't meet environmental safeguards, we're not going to approve it - very simple," Trump said at a press conference at Trump Tower in New York.

The order would set a two-year goal for completing permits needed on major infrastructure plans, and create a "one Federal decision" protocol that would appoint a lead federal agency to work with other agencies to complete the environmental reviews and permitting for infrastructure projects.

The administration proposes $200 billion in government funding over 10 years as part of a goal of getting $1 trillion in public and private infrastructure spending.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2017, 07:33 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,960,371 times
Clickbait thread title. Trump hasn't signed anything. You said he did in your title, then backslid and talked about all the great things that would happen IF he signed an infrastructure EO. Trump would MAGA IF he were a decent human being and president. But he isn't. Shoulda, woulda, coulda. So these ridiculous arguments are what Trumpeters are reduced to.

Old 08-16-2017, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Clickbait thread title. Trump hasn't signed anything. You said he did in your title, then backslid and talked about all the great things that would happen IF he signed an infrastructure EO. Trump would MAGA IF he were a decent human being and president. But he isn't. Shoulda, woulda, coulda. So these ridiculous arguments are what Trumpeters are reduced to.
Another hater trying to unite the country.

Old 08-16-2017, 07:43 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,903,640 times
Executive Orders are mostly meaningless. He needs legislation. After the universal rejection of his Charlottesville response, his agenda (what is left of it after the huge Obamacare failure) is on life support. GOP Senators are backing away from supporting him on anything.

Old 08-16-2017, 07:45 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
Quote:
Why lie about it or is it just ignorance ? He signed the EO. That's a fact.

http://www.wben.com/articles/ap-news...e-construction

Old 08-16-2017, 07:52 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,008,926 times
There is nothing concise on the EO. He has signed a crap load of EO's most of them very general and not implementable. He signed an EO to "fix healthcare" nothing has been done. I am not a trump supporter so I am content with that not much other than deregulation, which I guess it is what is, my feeling is once you start deregulating you are going to find out why the regulations were there in the first place and if they dont then we didn't need it so I am willing to go down that road.
If I was a trump supporter i would be pissed every time he signs this EO's full of platitudes that get nothing done or start any process definitively.

Old 08-16-2017, 07:55 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Aw come on - this is a good thing. Yes right now it is just an 'intent' but with full control of House and Senate it should pass with no problems.

This kind of social program we can all get behind.

Does the budget or tax reform have to come before the bill can be written and signed.

Old 08-16-2017, 08:00 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Good, now if Congress provides the money in a Bill to fund it all then he might actually accomplish something. We shall see.

Old 08-16-2017, 08:03 AM

Quote:

Liberals, and Obama lovers. The test results are back.

And Donald Trump IS your daddy..

Old 08-16-2017, 08:05 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,007,828 times
From this link:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1AV1ZI

I found this sentence instructive:

"The American Petroleum Institute said in a statement that the order reflects recommendations the oil industry lobby group submitted to the Commerce Department in March. The National Association of Home Builders also praised the Trump administration's move, saying the flood rules had raised the cost of housing."

My, President Trump does sign a lot of executive orders. Here is what he said about them in the past:

“Obama goes around signing executive orders. He can't even get along with the Democrats. He goes around signing all these executive orders. It's a basic disaster. You can't do it.”

"We have a president that can't get anything done so he just keeps signing executive orders all over the place.”

"I hate what Obama does with gun legislation. He doesn't talk to anybody. He goes out and signs executive orders. In theory you're supposed to the old fashioned way, get everybody into a room and get something people agree on.”

"I don't think [Obama] even tries anymore. I think he just signs executive actions.”

“Nobody wants to listen to [Obama], including the Democrats, so he just goes around signing executive orders."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.a825030a37d5

President Trump, during his first 200 days, has signed 42 executive orders (I think 43 with the above).

I will note that Mr. Trump has played more rounds of golf (50) than he has signed EO's, so there is that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies