Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 12:11 PM

29,476 posts, read 14,643,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Something is wrong with you. They ARE the Fascists.

Again, that is what I thought.

Old 08-16-2017, 12:13 PM

23,549 posts, read 17,223,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
This is what Trump has brought us to. Our civil liberties, even the right to bury our dead has to be protected by radical groups because our President and the DOJ won't stand up to the Nazis and the Klan.
How is it trump's fault?

Look toward obama, his corrupt DOJ, and the fear and hate mongering campaign of HRC magnified by the media.

Civil liberties when the head of obamas doj falsified a warrant to spy on journalists???

Our rights do not need to be protected by radical groups. This is what trump was talking about...mob venegence. To show up armed with clubs etc is against the law and fosters violence. To think otherwise is to adopt gang culture rules.

Apparently our laws allow the nazis et al to exist. On the books before trump showed up.

Trump has intiated investigation and hope to heck he goes after antifa and blm as well as the nazi contingent. Both examples of the hate filled gangs.

the media is now trying justify one hate group over the other. Trump said ALL hate groups!

Old 08-16-2017, 12:15 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
A group of antifascist protesters armed with purple shields and bats showed up to the Wednesday funeral of a woman mowed down by a white supremacist who struck her with a vehicle.
Antifa, a collection of left-wing protesters, decided to crash the funeral of Heather Heyer, a white woman who died after a white supremacist drove his car into a crowd of protesters during a white nationalist riot.

https://www.infowars.com/antifa-prot...eyers-funeral/
Have you got a more viable link to this story than Infowars?

Old 08-16-2017, 12:15 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Yes, like the police in Durham protected our public property?
While I don't condone destroying public property, tearing down that statue saved Durham a lot of mayhem.

NC is KKK country and Durham is right in the heart of it.

How long would it be before Durham would be dealing with Klan marches, militia vigils, etc.?

I understand Baltimore headed trouble off at the pass by hauling off all their statues. Hard not to imagine how a Klan march through Baltimore might turn out.

Old 08-16-2017, 12:16 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Something is wrong with you. They ARE the Fascists.
If they are the fascists, then you are the Nazi.

Old 08-16-2017, 12:17 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBaldBlur View Post
she's not playing
Yes, she is. She's a lot sharper than she lets on, but every once in a while she slips up.

Sometimes I wonder if she tries material out here first to see if it will fly.

29,476 posts, read 14,643,964 times
Neither one of those hate groups should be within miles of that funeral, as well as the media. Let the family mourn their loss with out the political diatribe.

4,254 posts, read 3,174,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
This is what Trump has brought us to. Our civil liberties, even the right to bury our dead has to be protected by radical groups because our President and the DOJ won't stand up to the Nazis and the Klan.
So the people that are actually causing the problem bear no responsibility for their actions??? This was going on well before Trump (of whom I am no fan)!

Old 08-16-2017, 12:18 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,661,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
A group of antifascist protesters armed with purple shields and bats showed up to the Wednesday funeral of a woman mowed down by a white supremacist who struck her with a vehicle.
Antifa, a collection of left-wing protesters, decided to crash the funeral of Heather Heyer, a white woman who died after a white supremacist drove his car into a crowd of protesters during a white nationalist riot.

https://www.infowars.com/antifa-prot...eyers-funeral/
So what? Can you blame them?

Trump used bikers dressed in full colors and weapons to protect him at some of his rallies. He also insisted on his own security force above and beyond the secret service. He thought he would be mobbed by women in Burkas.

Old 08-16-2017, 12:22 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,821,176 times
White supremacist were threatening to crash the funeral....

I've read that antifa went to ensure they didn't.

I think they are a odd organization, but really, I don't see how with this Charlottesville incident any of you can blame them for anything in particular.

I do think they caused unnecessary chaos though for Trump's inauguration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies