Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you support Trump giving a Pardon to Joe Arpaio?
Yes,I hope he does Pardon Arpaio! 42 40.38%
No way,I'm glad Arpaio was convicted! 62 59.62%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2017, 07:17 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,587,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
After re-electing him over and over and over again.
I never voted for Arpaio, so I wasn't responsible for his reign of terror
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2017, 07:20 AM

26,562 posts, read 14,434,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
They have a lot in common, both birthers.
in the documentary "the joe show" arpaio's re-election campaign staff tries to get joe to drop the birther stupidity at which time joe let's it be known that he does it for the contributions it generates.

Old 08-15-2017, 07:30 AM

57,233 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
in the documentary "the joe show" arpaio's re-election campaign staff tries to get joe to drop the birther stupidity at which time joe let's it be known that he does it for the contributions it generates.
That wasn't much different than Trumps gain at notoriety, he knew it didn't need to be true and the right fringe would run with this.

Old 08-15-2017, 07:33 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Default trump supposedly considering pardoning arpaio

Well, call me Claude Rains!

Old 08-15-2017, 07:35 AM

25,940 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What makes Arpaio a racist by enforcing immigration laws?
Yes. If some of these people lived in AZ, as we did, they would have a clue, but most don't. I hope Trump does pardon him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
Birds of a feather.............
Yes, believing in enforcing the laws of our country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
And what "RACE" would that be? You say Arpaio is a racist..
Let's see, brown race? Not so much a "race" but a "legal status" that is the issue to people that care about our country and believe in enforcing our laws as per written.

Illegals, their anchors and other relatives, and exploiters of illegal aliens have had their "panties in a bunch" for some time all riled up by liberal media who uses them to spread horse poop to try to detract from the positive effects of Trump's presidency.

Racial profiling? Yeah, if they lived in AZ or in a heavily populated area with illegals............ Racial profiling DOES NOT equate to being a racist, so what actual criteria is being used to call Arpaio a racist? Video clips would be useful in this determination versus "Well, I heard..........".

Old 08-15-2017, 08:51 AM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Because nothing says racism is evil like pardoning a racist. Trump tells Fox he's considering pardon for 'Sheriff Joe' Arpaio | TheHill
How is Apraio a racist for enforcing laws on the books? Did he let go Canadian or European illegal aliens? I never heard that. Plus being Mexican is not a race. There are very white to very brown people from Mexico.

Apraio should be pardoned. Obama clearly singled him out because Arpaio investigated his birth certificate.

Old 08-15-2017, 09:15 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,842,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
This should surprise no one, but it certainly isn't going to help Trump's popularity.

I half expected Trump to nominate Arpaio to be the new FBI Director.

He must not have thought of it, or surely he would have, LOL!

Old 08-15-2017, 09:21 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
This should surprise no one, but it certainly isn't going to help Trump's popularity.

I half expected Trump to nominate Arpaio to be the new FBI Director.
Still lots of positions left to fill in the administration.

Old 08-15-2017, 09:23 AM

50,244 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
Considering the fact that illegal immigrants cost our country tens of billions of dollars, I'd say Arpaio saved our country a bundle of money.

I'd like for Trump and Congress to come up with a plan so that only left wing nut-bars would be taxed for the cost of illegal immigration.
This.

Old 08-15-2017, 10:23 AM

26,562 posts, read 14,434,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
Obama clearly singled him out because Arpaio investigated his birth certificate.
only if he had a time machine.

the racial profiling case against arpaio dates back to 2007, before obama became president and years before joe's comically incompetent birth certificate investigation began in 2011.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies