Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Can you be a good person and a member of the kkk/nazis?
Yes 13 8.23%
No 145 91.77%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 11:23 AM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times

Advertisements

The one who has no sin can cast the first stone.

What is a good person? I'm not kidding. Please define 'good person'. I always thought it was kinda like that line from the mom in 'Hair', do whatever you want, be whatever you want be. Just don't hurt anybody.

Now define hurt.

How how refusing healthcare to poor people?
How abut being pro life but not making a decent life possible for some?
How about cheerleading the country into invading another country because we don't like their leader or governmental system? How many people's kids have to die to accomplish that impossible goal.
How about doing nothing while cops shoot people in the back while they are running away? Or choke them for selling single cigarettes?

I could go on and on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2017, 11:23 AM

29,443 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
If that were true, and if they were good people, then wouldn't they have separated themselves from the others, that they claimed to know nothing of?

I mean, OK, you're there to protest the removal, and a bunch of Nazi's show up, and march under the swastika. You basically have three choices:

Join them
Don't join them (ignore them and disassociate yourself)
Stand up and denounce them

I've got an open mind, but I can't call anyone who marches under a swastika and chants antisemetic phrases a good person under ANY circumstance. I go further, and will say that anyone who can justify this behavior also lacks moral boundries. it is not OK.

Where you there ? Same could be said about Heather, if she was there peacefully protesting, why didn't she stand off to the side away from the antifa group and be blocking the street ? See that works both ways doesn't it ?

Guess what, neither of us really know..it's pure speculation on both parts. I'm sure the details will be found out eventually though.

Old 08-18-2017, 11:25 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
KKK members, Neo Nazis, white supremacists and their ilk are estimated to be less than a million. I think the KKK is the only group that keeps official membership lists and no one knows how accurate they are. Like voter rolls I suspect quite a few are dead or no longer consider themselves members. It's my opinion their numbers are similar to BLM, Antifa and other black groups.

Media wants people to think the Alt Right elected Trump but they don't have enough members to elect a high school class president. At least Steve Bannon put to rest the myth that he is a white supremacist and supports Neo Nazis by saying:

"This past election, the Democrats used every personal attack, including charges of racism, against President Trump. He then won a landslide victory on a straightforward platform of economic nationalism,” Bannon wrote. “As long as the Democrats fail to understand this, they will continue to lose. But leftist elites do not value history, so why would they learn from history?”
KKK is estimated to have 5000-8000 members. SPLC estimates.

Old 08-18-2017, 11:36 AM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
KKK is estimated to have 5000-8000 members. SPLC estimates.
I bet the fellow travelers are 10 x that.

Old 08-18-2017, 11:46 AM

39,860 posts, read 26,482,831 times
I would have to go with no. It's pretty hard to picture how anyone could be a "good person" while also being a member of a racial supremacist group-especially one that promotes violence. Doesn't matter if it's the KKK, BLM, NBPP, La Raza, Nation of Islam or Islamists (granted a political system, not a race) calling for genocide of Jewish people.

All are human garbage. All survive and grow by attracting other hate-filled, usually violent, supporters.

Old 08-18-2017, 11:58 AM

2,940 posts, read 1,811,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
Since Trump said there are good people on both sides of the Charlottesville protest/attack I am posing the question is it possible to be a good person while being a member of the nazis or kkk? For me the answer is you may be redeemable but you can not be a good person and a nazi or klansman.
By definition... being a member of the KKK/Nazis and/or possessing their ideas is simply immoral. Immorality + good are the complete opposite of each other. It's like asking, how can you reconcile immorality with morality. Not possible. It doesn't work that way.

Old 08-18-2017, 12:46 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
So you went to the rally and witnessed it first hand then? How was it and which side were you on?
Did you go to the rally? How was it and which side were you on?

Old 08-18-2017, 12:49 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,191,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
They didn't say the latter- they said You will not replace us. That most likely refers to open boarders and unfettered immigration like seen in Europe.
Alternative facts.

It has been reported by multiple sources. There is tape. They said it, while carrying Nazi flags. Stop lying.

Old 08-18-2017, 01:42 PM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Where you there ? Same could be said about Heather, if she was there peacefully protesting, why didn't she stand off to the side away from the antifa group and be blocking the street ? See that works both ways doesn't it ?

Guess what, neither of us really know..it's pure speculation on both parts. I'm sure the details will be found out eventually though.
It really doesn't work both ways, for a number of reasons.

The primary reason is that Antifa was not marching under a swastika. Antifa, by definition is Anti-Fascist fascist. We can argue about what they 'really" stand for, but she was not marching under a flag that is the enemy of everything American. I guess if she got there and found out that ANTIFA was flying a swastika, then you would have a point. That is not what happened though.

Secondly, when she was mowed down by the Nazi-sympathizer, she was walking down a street. From what I understand (and no, I was not there), that happened as the confrontations were disbanding. In any case, I think it's safe to say that when a Hemi V8 is coming at you with all four-barrels open, you really don't have much time to "stand off".

Old 08-18-2017, 01:47 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
I don't see how any extremist can be a good person, even if they do good deeds.

I'm sure Hitler was a swell guy to those in his circle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies