Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2017, 08:36 AM

18,453 posts, read 15,234,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy Fae View Post
Didn't you vote in favor of the KKK?

Islamist history in the US? I'm not sure what you're talking about. I have no doubt that if a bunch of Jihadists decided to protest to express their desire to slaughter Americans they would be met with the same.

Um, the protests are today. What in the world? It's August 19th 2017 and there are racists and sexists marching to express their desire to subjugate. You think responding in rage is a bit too much? Really?
I absolutely do. All kinds of people have all kinds of desires. The overwhelming majority of them go unfulfilled. People have the right to desire whatever they want.

I have the desire to have all slow drivers stick to the right lane, that doesn't mean that they are going to do it, and it especially doesn't give them the right to physically attack me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2017, 08:39 AM

7,588 posts, read 4,155,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I have no problem with people who respond to speech with speech.
That's what we are doing right now. I have never been to a rally but I can't imagine it being full of speeches from both sides. I was referring to hate speech.

Old 08-19-2017, 08:39 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,091,770 times
Quote:
I don't know, but it was the agenda in VA and for today in Boston and i hope they get their agenda shoved where the sun doesn't shine.
What agenda do the people in Boston have?

Old 08-19-2017, 08:40 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,725,137 times
Quote:
I don't buy it. This antifa people are responding to supremacy. They are responding to a group who seeks to subjugate women, eliminate minorities (like kill them all), and rule. That is what the KKK is all about. That's what all these people are about. That you guys take issue with a rage response is mind numbing. It's the only possible outcome given our history.

My oh my. Some have really partaketh much to much of the kool aid.

Get out there and "rage", sacrifice yourself to your masters that drive you to this madness you profess.

I'm sure they're paying you well, but you may want to take it down a couple of notches, you're being far to obvious.

CN

Old 08-19-2017, 08:46 AM

18,453 posts, read 15,234,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
That's what we are doing right now. I have never been to a rally but I can't imagine it being full of speeches from both sides. I was referring to hate speech.
Hate speech is still protected speech. I find it best to ignore it, but I wouldn't hold it against someone if they chose to fight back with some speech of their own. It's at the point where one person lays their hands on another that I have a problem. People need to have a little self control.

Old 08-19-2017, 08:51 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,091,770 times
Quote:
Hate speech is still protected speech. I find it best to ignore it, but I wouldn't hold it against someone if they chose to fight back with some speech of their own. It's at the point where one person lays their hands on another that I have a problem. People need to have a little self control.
Yes, but the left has lost all ability to use reason, and logic to make compelling arguments, and instead simply resort to violence.

This is why the left is only losing ground, despite the media's attempts to blame the right for the violence, people see the behavior of the left, and their support continues to drop.

Heck, if the Republicans in congress support Trump's agenda, and pass a healthcare bill, and a tax cut bill, the democrats will be decimated in the midterm elections.

Old 08-19-2017, 08:53 AM

7,588 posts, read 4,155,752 times
Quote:
I agree.

I don't value responding to it but I don't look down upon those who do. People provide service to their communities in different ways.

Old 08-19-2017, 08:54 AM

3,315 posts, read 2,131,554 times
Quote:
Indeed. It seems strange to me that the overwhelming majority of people are able to understand this when instructing young children not to respond to speech with force, but fail to heed their own advice as grown adults confronting the speech of other grown adults.

It is these same folks who lack self-control that are seeking to restrict America's most cherished freedoms. It represents nothing more than an abdication of personal responsibility. It is primitive thinking in the worst possible manner: Why talk when you can impulsively grunt, scream, and club the opposition over the head while claiming righteousness?

How utterly nauseating.

Old 08-19-2017, 08:55 AM

6,620 posts, read 5,005,482 times
I don't know how much different is that from "peace through strength"

Old 08-19-2017, 08:57 AM

34,228 posts, read 18,558,636 times
I once saw another quote from those similar to the current Antifa, and BLM crowd. It said "Arbeit Macht Frei", and was installed on some camps somewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies