U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Civil War II if Trump Goes?
Yes 26 34.67%
No 42 56.00%
I don't know/Not sure/Maybe 7 9.33%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-17-2017, 10:14 PM
 
12,639 posts, read 7,292,698 times
Reputation: 7449

Advertisements

The only goal of the Anerican left and their allies in the media and the establishment is to destroy President Trump and remove him from office. If that happens, will Civil War II ensue?

 
Old 08-17-2017, 10:16 PM
 
406 posts, read 135,420 times
Reputation: 242
You betcha.
 
Old 08-17-2017, 10:18 PM
 
1,373 posts, read 817,000 times
Reputation: 2198
Love to see the SJW's out of the country once and for all...

MAGA!!

Last edited by eqttrdr; 08-17-2017 at 10:37 PM..
 
Old 08-17-2017, 10:26 PM
 
22,785 posts, read 12,182,899 times
Reputation: 7204
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
The only goal of the Anerican left and their allies in the media and the establishment is to destroy President Trump and remove him from office. If that happens, will Civil War II ensue?
How could they do that?
 
Old 08-17-2017, 10:26 PM
 
12,639 posts, read 7,292,698 times
Reputation: 7449
Quote:
Originally Posted by eqttrdr View Post
Love to kick the SJW's out of the country once and for all...

MAGA!!
The thought doesn't excite me, but it seems that's where this is heading.
 
Old 08-17-2017, 10:27 PM
 
Location: Lost in Montana *recalculating*...
11,823 posts, read 15,440,126 times
Reputation: 12085
Who cares? Southern antebellum types?
 
Old 08-17-2017, 10:27 PM
 
8,199 posts, read 6,099,680 times
Reputation: 11730
Several months ago I said I didn't think it was likely. Now I think it is almost a certainty. The only two ways it could be averted is if 1) we break up into smaller components; 2) states are given the vast majority of power and the federal government loses almost all power. Obviously, neither is likely to happen. Otherwise, we are completely beyond "coming together". Just not going to happen.

However, I don't think civil war will take the form people immediately think of with armies facing each other in the field. It will probably be a guerilla/insurgent low intensity type of warfare. Bombings, assassinations, etc. Think ISIS, IRA, Red Brigade, McVeigh, etc. The US has no idea how to effectively deal with guerilla warfare overseas; imagine our dumb pols trying to deal with that at home.

We could have low intensity warfare for years until both sides are sick of it and allow the union to end.
 
Old 08-17-2017, 10:28 PM
 
Location: USA
2,753 posts, read 2,202,197 times
Reputation: 2135
No.

Wouldn't Mike Pence take office? He's a PC version of Trump.
But it would be interesting because once he's gone leftists will find something else to cry about.
 
Old 08-17-2017, 10:31 PM
 
Location: San Francisco, CA
13,920 posts, read 10,878,721 times
Reputation: 12667
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
The only goal of the Anerican left and their allies in the media and the establishment is to destroy President Trump and remove him from office. If that happens, will Civil War II ensue?
Only if you right-wingers are violent warmongers who don't respect the laws of this nation.

Trump removal would come as a result of impeachment by Congress and prosecution under law. That's not "the left removing Trump;" that would be "Trump did something really illegal and was forced out per the laws of our land.". That doesn't happen without a lot of evidence and corresponding action by lawmakers.

Cons call themselves peaceful and say Libs are the violence prone group, but this thread suggests that Cons are simmering with violence and ready to make good on it if they don't like the outcomes of US law and order. Talk about hypocrites
 
Old 08-17-2017, 10:34 PM
 
12,639 posts, read 7,292,698 times
Reputation: 7449
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Several months ago I said I didn't think it was likely. Now I think it is almost a certainty. The only two ways it could be averted is if 1) we break up into smaller components; 2) states are given the vast majority of power and the federal government loses almost all power. Obviously, neither is likely to happen. Otherwise, we are completely beyond "coming together". Just not going to happen.

However, I don't think civil war will take the form people immediately think of with armies facing each other in the field. It will probably be a guerilla/insurgent low intensity type of warfare. Bombings, assassinations, etc. Think ISIS, IRA, Red Brigade, McVeigh, etc. The US has no idea how to effectively deal with guerilla warfare overseas; imagine our dumb pols trying to deal with that at home.

We could have low intensity warfare for years until both sides are sick of it and allow the union to end.
I tend to agree with you, sadly. We're already seeing it start to happen. I place the blame for it squarely on the leaders of the Democrat Party and the MSM, who have recklessly fomented civil unrest and hatred of Trump.

As a disclaimer: I was an anti-Trump GOP primary voter (Rubio supporter) who made an Election Day decision to vote against Hillary by voting for Trump. It is plain as day to me what the left has been up to ever since Trump won.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:02 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top