Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2017, 01:19 AM

9,137 posts, read 5,798,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Why do conservatives keep bringing up what an old man dead for years did when he was young?

Is that all you have?

And you completely ignore what he did in his later years. This creates grave doubt about your judgement.
He was not a young man when he made his politically expedient conversion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2017, 01:24 AM

9,137 posts, read 5,798,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
He was the top dog in the clan wasn't he? They have buildings named after him. But those are OK.
It would bankrupt the state if they had to rename everything named after him.

Old 08-20-2017, 01:33 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,035,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Yeah, just like Hilary's views on gay marriage and honoring the confederacy, at 50 plus years of age, magical changed, for political expediency and votes. So too did Byrd's life time of racism, at 50 plus years of age, magical change, for political expediency and votes.

Have Donald's views on race changed since this?

A Look Back at the Discrimination Suit Dogging Donald Trump - ABC News

Something that is actually relevant since Donald IS the President.

Last edited by Annie53; 08-20-2017 at 01:41 AM..

Old 08-20-2017, 06:53 AM

39,855 posts, read 26,477,889 times
Let me see if I have this right...

Donald Trump has never been a member of the KKK, nor ever had any kind of association with them or any other supremacist groups. In fact he has received awards from civil rights organizations for his efforts to improve conditions for minority, inner-city youth. He denounces the KKK and similar groups in the strongest terms....and is denounced and condemned by the left.

Robert Byrd is a lifetime racist. He is not just a member of the KKK but in fact a leader. He has spent a lifetime suppressing black people while representing the Democratic party. Before his death he says "I'm sorry" and is held up as some sort of civil rights hero by the left.

Am I missing anything?

Old 08-20-2017, 07:16 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,928,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
'Robert Byrd Was Her Mentor': Hannity Blasts Dems for Racism 'Hypocrisy' | Fox News Insider

Hillary loved Robert Bird, that old Klansman. The Dems kept him on until he died. I remember they use to wheel the old fart out each time they needed his vote then he would go back to his office to sleep again until he was needed the next time. He was owned by big interests, that is the only thing that explains why he kept being voted in over and over again. And yes, the racists loved him.
Does anyone other than the far right fringe think Hannity has anything to add to any discussion.

Old 08-20-2017, 07:19 AM

37,952 posts, read 17,848,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Does anyone other than the far right fringe think Hannity has anything to add to any discussion.
Is he or isn't he correct on this issue? That's what matters. He did a good job exposing the hypocrisy on the left when it comes to racism.
You want to say democrats aren't bigots. Okay But you cannot deny the fact they elect bigots into leadership positions and then don't call them out when they spew bigoted filth. Expose bigotry. I'll fight it. But when those on the left don't fight it in their own house the credibility is lost. Not saying you do that.

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; 08-20-2017 at 07:34 AM..

Old 08-20-2017, 07:21 AM

34,228 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
I'm dying to add some Trump quotes here re forgiveness but like Auntie Em, "well being a Christian woman, I can't".
Didn't you melt in that movie?

Old 08-20-2017, 07:24 AM

34,228 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Not a Hannity fan, as his style is annoying to me, but what has he said that isn't true? He also has representatives from the LEFT all the time to state their views. Again, I don't like it, because they always get into arguments, and it just sounds like BOTH sides bitching all the time. You know CNN, and MSNBC/NBC would be all over Hannity if he was lying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies