Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 09:33 AM

25,337 posts, read 16,977,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Everyone that voted for Trump will vote for him again. I agree the establishment Republicans that have never liked Trump still don't.
... And a few of us that didn't vote for Trump will do so. (I voted for Johnson)

I don't like him; don't approve of him. I do like his policies, though.

Trump may be going to Phoenix to announce a pardon for Sheriff Joe.
I hope so. Joe needs to be pardoned, Republicans need the money they will get from donors, and the liberals need something else to make their heads explode.

It'll be fun!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2017, 09:34 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,132,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Most of the hit and runs here are.
I think you mean uninsured, not undocumented.

And do you know how to get more uninsured to be insured? Letting them get a drivers license.

Old 08-18-2017, 09:37 AM

18,986 posts, read 8,991,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Your post is extremely accurate.......except for one little detail. All the things you attribute to the left are actually caused by the Nazi/KKK/Alt-idiots who are Hellbent on going into peaceful little towns and stirring up trouble.

Free speech is one thing, holding subversive rallies and marches is something else altogether, and that is what those Nazi rallies are.
There sure is a lot of projection** going on on C-D this week. Lots of rightwingers projecting everything the neo-Nazis and Trump stand for and do and say onto the left. I suppose it's the only way they can sleep at night.

Quote:
**Psychological projection is a theory in psychology in which humans defend themselves against their own unconscious impulses or qualities (both positive and negative) by denying their existence in themselves while attributing them to others.
Fits the rightwing C-D posters to a T.

Old 08-18-2017, 09:40 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,559,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Your post is extremely accurate.......except for one little detail. All the things you attribute to the left are actually caused by the Nazi/KKK/Alt-idiots who are Hellbent on going into peaceful little towns and stirring up trouble.

Free speech is one thing, holding subversive rallies and marches is something else altogether, and that is what those Nazi rallies are.
Um..no. The KKK, BLM and racist segregation were ALL institutions of the DEMOCRAT PARTY. So you can stop with the deflection

Old 08-18-2017, 09:41 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,866,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
What, another rally? But of course. How else can Trump make himself feel better after the intense public criticism from his Charlottesville comments than by having another rally? So Trump will be holding one in Arizona next week, another state he took in 2016. The Phoenix mayor hopes he will change his mind and at least delay it due while the nation recovers from the terrible events in Virginia.

Phoenix Mayor Doesn't Want President Trump's Rally in His City Next Week - NBC News
That's fine, I don't want the Phoenix mayor here either...

Old 08-18-2017, 09:42 AM

29,775 posts, read 18,638,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
... And a few of us that didn't vote for Trump will do so. (I voted for Johnson)

I don't like him; don't approve of him. I do like his policies, though.

Trump may be going to Phoenix to announce a pardon for Sheriff Joe.
I hope so. Joe needs to be pardoned, Republicans need the money they will get from donors, and the liberals need something else to make their heads explode.

It'll be fun!
Post of the day no doubt! it would make sense that Trump will pardon Sheriff Joe while he's in Phoenix...I sure hope so. It's the right thing to do but even more importantly, liberals head will explode again which seems to be happening several times a day (it's really good for them)

Old 08-18-2017, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
I don't blame him. It's incredibly inappropriate timing, so of course it appeals to trump.

He's already said he can't block him, but has asked him to reconsider. Last I heard it's going ahead as planned. Poor donny two-scoops had a bad week and needs some stroking.
Why is it "inappropriate", because YOU don't like him?

Old 08-18-2017, 09:50 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,858,990 times
What will he talk about now?

Old 08-18-2017, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
The Local Antifa has already started mobilizing for Phoenix ...... and they are bringing Guns.

Lefties with Guns Ready to Rumble with Right-Wing Militias, Says Arizona Anarchist

President Trump and his supporters who come to the Rally must be the "right wing militia".
This should go well - I remember when these Anarchists shut down highways leading to a Campaign Rally.
No talk of "right wing militias" or "nazis" then ..... just pure Anti-Republican Presidential Candidate.
Good, they will find the Phoenix police and the Maricopa County Sheriffs will NOT stand down nor will they tolerate the B.S. that other cities have. One thing that Sheriff Arpio did was arm up the department with tactical gear/armored vehicles. They will NOT be outgunned.

If Anti-faaa tries it there's going to be a bunch of shot and dead Anti-faaa lying around. Just look at how many LEO shootings occur here on a daily basis, in fact it was reported on the news lately that Phoenix metro was number ONE in the nation for Police shootings. Know one thing, this IS NOT Seattle or LA or Charlottesville...

Time to tune in to the Anti-Faaa/BLM/La Raza news leader Channel 12 and cook up some popcorn!

Old 08-18-2017, 10:12 AM

25,581 posts, read 21,764,305 times
As I said, it is about cheap labor and votes: https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/ph...tity-documents I don't think people have a grasp the harm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies