U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 05:19 PM

8,594 posts, read 2,471,411 times

Advertisements

The woman lost her child. We don't have to agree with what Heather Heyers was protesting, or her motivations. I think that most of us will agree that it shouldn't have led to her death. Her mother is certainly entitled to her opinions and feelings, no matter how much some may feel they are misplaced.
I don't blame Trump for the random lunatics any more than I blamed Obama for the lunatics that attacked and killed our service men at the recruiting center.
Haters are going to hate. Losers need someone to blame for why they are losers. Using a car to attack a crowd of people? Yeah he was a coward.
From what I read people on both sides showed up to get in a fight. Not all, but some.
Most Americans disagree with the extremists on both sides. I won't even attend a protest of any kind. The country has gone insane.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2017, 05:20 PM

4,787 posts, read 4,032,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
I love how conservatives are working overtime as apologists for the white supremacist murderer and shifting all the blame to the victim.
No apologies made for anyone. This thread is about the mother of the woman who died and her behavior subsequent to the death of her daughter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
And have you made any similar statement about the mother of the white supremacists who murdered Heather?

When we talk on this forum about conservatives biased in favor of white supremacists, we're talking about you.
He had bad parents also. (There. That's a statement. Happy?) You should start a separate thread about them. I've made no statements supporting the protesters. My statements so far have been about the woman discussed. She's a bad mom.

Old 08-18-2017, 05:23 PM

30,027 posts, read 16,602,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
When you march with swastikas, chant Nazi's slogans, and threaten and assault people, there is plenty of inflamed hatred to go around.
It's like they keep forgetting that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Another basement dwelling right wing internet warrior who may one day snap and run some people over.
You hit the nail on the head with that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
How is this victim blaming ? I do think it is tragic that she died.
The Nazi /White supremacist followers have always been know to be violent , so if I was a parent and my daughter wanted to go square off with them I'd do everything I could to talk her out of it.

The left just has absolutely zero logical thinking, you want to corner a bear and poke it with sticks but when it lashes out at you run away crying about how bad the evil bear was. When one looks for a fight , they just might end up finding it.

I'm sorry, I was raised to not go looking for trouble and to pretty much fight only when I have no other option.
Except she wasn't looking for a fight, now was she? She was just walking down the sidewalk when some Nazi skinhead, who you defend, mowed her down.

IF that is how the 'bear' is going to act - then we ALL need to quash that BS movement like a bug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
She should have left . It was a dangerous place with clubs and sticks , flaming fire and guns. Some people just like the excitement. They run to it.. like a moth to a flame.
Another person blaming the victim instead of the Nazi skinhead.

Revolting.

Old 08-18-2017, 05:24 PM

4,787 posts, read 4,032,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
With comments like that you'll be on so many ignore lists your posts will never be read. Maybe your comments would be more appreciated at Stormfront?
I've never been there and am not really interested. You seem familiar with it so perhaps you can provide direction for those curious. I'm sure it's right there in your favorites list.

Old 08-18-2017, 05:29 PM

12,279 posts, read 8,088,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
She should have left . It was a dangerous place with clubs and sticks , flaming fire and guns. Some people just like the excitement. They run to it.. like a moth to a flame.
Nobody should have been there then since it was so dangerous.

Old 08-18-2017, 05:38 PM

22,952 posts, read 22,535,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Everyday in the news more people are being very vocal and putting things in action NOT agreeing with the prez-- your problem if only listen to faux
So there are no actual numbers, just more WAG's. Got it!

Old 08-18-2017, 07:01 PM

11,690 posts, read 3,198,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
The good people of Charleston didn't corner a bear. What are you talking about?

The bear came to town and this isn't the first time.

Apparently, they got tired of the Klan and their Nazi buddies marching through their town, threatening everyone, like a gang of Old West outlaws.
I believe you mean Charlottesville, not Charleston.

Old 08-18-2017, 07:40 PM

10,162 posts, read 6,272,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Would you also do everything you could to talk them out joining a hate group, or participating in one of their hate rallies?
Absolutely !

Old 08-18-2017, 07:53 PM

10,162 posts, read 6,272,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

IF that is how the 'bear' is going to act - then we ALL need to quash that BS movement like a bug.
You are absolutely correct. the asshats should have been completely surrounded by law enforcement. have your little rally but you will be corraled.

as far as being on the sidewalk , i wasn't there to see her or the incident. although looking thru pictures you can clearly see the group that was getting mowed down by the car was in the street. and the were swinging bats or clubs, so those were either the inbreds own people or some other group of armed protesters. why would anyone in their right mind put themselves in that position. i've been in a riot, we were just in the wrong place at the wrong time, and once the tear gas came out we bolted and didn't look back.

Old 08-18-2017, 08:02 PM

8,570 posts, read 5,378,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
No apologies made for anyone. This thread is about the mother of the woman who died and her behavior subsequent to the death of her daughter.

He had bad parents also. (There. That's a statement. Happy?) You should start a separate thread about them. I've made no statements supporting the protesters. My statements so far have been about the woman discussed. She's a bad mom.
You need to stop saying that, you have already ran that into the ground. You are in no position to say she is a bad mom when you don't know anything about this woman, you don't know her life story or have walked in her shoes, so you can't make that judgement on her. I guess had she talked to the president, she would not be so bad in your eyes. And if she is a bad parent, then everybody at that rally on both side must have had bad parents as well. Calling her a bad mom in this situation doesn't even make any sense, her daughter was grown and made her own decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies