U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-18-2017, 10:00 AM
 
8,264 posts, read 2,446,434 times
Reputation: 5757

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Heather's death is on the man that ran into her and the KKK/Nazis who put him up to it.
There's no evidence anyone put him up to it. You're lying to inflame hatred.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-18-2017, 10:02 AM
 
38,300 posts, read 14,965,857 times
Reputation: 24713
Heather's mother is dealing with incredible grief.

Why in the world would she give Trump so much as a second of her time so that he can make a big show of it.

If it had been my daughter, the Secret Service would never allow me that close to him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2017, 10:02 AM
 
10,257 posts, read 6,292,471 times
Reputation: 5783
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Heather's death is on the man that ran into her and the KKK/Nazis who put him up to it.
You are correct, at the moment it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2017, 10:03 AM
 
Location: The analog world
17,086 posts, read 9,884,876 times
Reputation: 22750
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
So if they had been allowed to have their little rally, Heather Heyer would still be alive.
I suppose it's possible, but I don't find it productive to second guess these things. The counter protestors might have gathered on Water Street anyway, and Heather might still have joined them. Who knows? Regardless, a young woman is dead and a communty is grieving her loss. It's terrible no matter how you look at it, and my heart breaks for Heather's mother. It's an awful thing to lose a child regardless of the circumstances. Trump needs to leave her alone and let her grieve on her own terms with the support of those she chooses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2017, 10:03 AM
 
Location: Long Island
6,522 posts, read 2,930,250 times
Reputation: 4779
Good for her standing up for her principles. I wouldn't want anything to do with him either.

I heard the poor woman has actually gotten death threats. There are some truly sick people out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2017, 10:04 AM
 
38,300 posts, read 14,965,857 times
Reputation: 24713
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
There's no evidence anyone put him up to it. You're lying to inflame hatred.
When you march with swastikas, chant Nazi's slogans, and threaten and assault people, there is plenty of inflamed hatred to go around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2017, 10:04 AM
 
Location: Long Island
6,522 posts, read 2,930,250 times
Reputation: 4779
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Not going to pretend I am upset some leftist is dead. I know its the PC thing to do, but I really don't care.
Why don't you kill us all, then all your problems will magically disappear. Except for the hate in your soul.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2017, 10:05 AM
 
38,300 posts, read 14,965,857 times
Reputation: 24713
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Good for her standing up for her principles. I wouldn't want anything to do with him either.

I heard the poor woman has actually gotten death threats. There are some truly sick people out there.
Some right on this thread and they make no bones about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2017, 10:06 AM
 
38,300 posts, read 14,965,857 times
Reputation: 24713
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I suppose it's possible, but I don't find it productive to second guess these things. The counter protestors might have gathered on Water Street anyway, and Heather might still have joined them. Who knows? Regardless, a young woman is dead and a communty is grieving her loss. It's terrible no matter how you look at it, and my heart breaks for Heather's mother. It's an awful thing to lose a child regardless of the circumstances. Trump needs to leave her alone and let her grieve on her own terms with the support of those she chooses.
It's enough to break a stone heart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2017, 10:08 AM
 
Location: Some Beach... Somewhere...
4,793 posts, read 4,037,422 times
Reputation: 4943
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I cannot even fathom the intensity of her grief right now. My thoughts are with her.
She's obviously not so grieved that she'll miss an opportunity to participate in the political martyrization of her misguided child. Were something like this to happen to my child, I can't imagine I'd be involved in political debates of any kind. She's a bad mom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top