Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 01:12 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,005,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Good for her standing up for her principles. I wouldn't want anything to do with him either.

I heard the poor woman has actually gotten death threats. There are some truly sick people out there.
On every side of the equation...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2017, 01:13 PM

8,497 posts, read 3,338,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Unnecessary. The problem could be solved without bloodshed if the federal government didn't dictate how we have to live. That's the source of our division. The states were supposed to be supreme for this reason.
Bad reasoning all around.

The states are no longer the issue. The divide in our country is now between urban and rural. Charlottesville was a liberal city (voted 80 percent for Clinton). In contrast, Virginia has many very conservative more rural areas.

The city of Charlottesville decided (albeit by a vote of 3 to 2) to sell the statue. Someone ELSE (in this case KKK-Nazi's) almost none of whom lived in Charlottesville marched in to "dictate how [they] were to live."

Your words.

Old 08-18-2017, 01:14 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,832,049 times
I say, if you think it is a good strategy for your cause to insult the parents of people who's children were killed by domestic terrorism, you should have at it.

Personally, I think that is a completely idiotic strategy, but more power to ya - fly your troll flags high and proud.

Old 08-18-2017, 01:18 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,171,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Or if she had a better mom...
Yet, you don't question the family background of the WNs, including the murderer who killed her daughter. Victim blaming to the next level, in order to defend a terrorist's actions. I think I know why, too.

Another to the ignore. I don't have time for unapologetic ignorance.

Old 08-18-2017, 01:21 PM

35,690 posts, read 21,045,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
More false outrage.
Please show us all where you get your numbers to back up <bold>? Can't can you. Just more spewing to the echo chamber...

Everyday in the news more people are being very vocal and putting things in action NOT agreeing with the prez-- your problem if only listen to faux

Old 08-18-2017, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Yet, you don't question the family background of the WNs, including the murderer who killed her daughter. Victim blaming to the next level, in order to defend a terrorist's actions. I think I know why, too.

Another to the ignore. I don't have time for unapologetic ignorance.
They already have - on places like Storm Front. Turns out Fields' mother's last name is "Bloom" which they've decided is a "Jew-name" and, after further investigation, determined her to be Jewish. (Don't know if that's accurate or not.)

And since the mother is a Jew, that makes Fields' Jewish.

So the Jews are also being blamed for Heather's death.

But then some think Heather's eyes make her look "Gypsy" - which means that this didn't turn out to be a white person killed after all, so no big deal.

Yes. This is how these "people" talk and think.

I only cruised around for about 30 minutes for I couldn't stand reading that crap any more.

But now more than ever before, the same language and thought-process is REALLY creeping into CD.

Some, from established posters.

My take is there is a desperate realization that Heather Heyer won't be forgotten and that she will over shadow any attempt for the alt-right to go mainstream.

It's about time for me to leave CD again for I want no part of it.

EXCEPT, if there's a rally near me - THIS time I will attend.

I sat out the "Woman's March" wanting to give Trump a chance.

Boy was I wrong.

Old 08-18-2017, 01:34 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
More false outrage.
Please show us all where you get your numbers to back up <bold>? Can't can you. Just more spewing to the echo chamber...
Twitler's approval rating are that of a dead POTUS walking.

Old 08-18-2017, 01:51 PM

51,649 posts, read 25,807,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
They already have - on places like Storm Front. Turns out Fields' mother's last name is "Bloom" which they've decided is a "Jew-name" and, after further investigation, determined her to be Jewish. (Don't know if that's accurate or not.)

And since the mother is a Jew, that makes Fields' Jewish.

So the Jews are also being blamed for Heather's death.

But then some think Heather's eyes make her look "Gypsy" - which means that this didn't turn out to be a white person killed after all, so no big deal.

Yes. This is how these "people" talk and think.

I only cruised around for about 30 minutes for I couldn't stand reading that crap any more.

But now more than ever before, the same language and thought-process is REALLY creeping into CD.

Some, from established posters.

My take is there is a desperate realization that Heather Heyer won't be forgotten and that she will over shadow any attempt for the alt-right to go mainstream.

It's about time for me to leave CD again for I want no part of it.

EXCEPT, if there's a rally near me - THIS time I will attend.

I sat out the "Woman's March" wanting to give Trump a chance.

Boy was I wrong.
Repulsive.

Lot of folks are coming to the same conclusion you have. They gave Trump a chance and are now realizing they were conned.

It will be a long time before Heather Heyer will be forgotten.

Nor will we forget the people of Charlottesville who stood up to the Nazis and the Klan.

From now on, every time the KKK/Nazis march, Americans will turn out in droves in her memory.

This was a one of those times that will stay with us.

Old 08-18-2017, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Wow. Sick and evil. And they are allowed to breed and spread their hate.

And speaking of spreading, you may be onto something, as this forum has become Stormfront lite.
There are many conservatives on CD who interested in the events around us simply want to exchange views. From them, I actually sometimes find myself learning and altering my views (a little!). And, in fact, one of the posters above whose comments I just disagreed with immediately sent me a nice PM a few minutes ago.

From years of working with various industries throughout the United States, I have a lot of understanding and empathy for workers displaced by economic shifts who may well - in hope - have voted for Trump.

But increasingly I'm placing Trump in the category of those who simply think and shout in slogans, with little interest or ability to actually analyze anything. For it is only after consideration and reflection, that the most optimal actions are taken. (Now they may not have - in the end - been the "best" solution for that tends to be determined by history.)

Charlottesville intrigues me not so much as a chance to bash the right but more as an example of Trump's complete inability to act only after sober reflection.

Last edited by EveryLady; 08-18-2017 at 02:15 PM..

Old 08-18-2017, 01:57 PM

12,968 posts, read 9,651,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
How is this victim blaming ? I do think it is tragic that she died.
The Nazi /White supremacist followers have always been know to be violent , so if I was a parent and my daughter wanted to go square off with them I'd do everything I could to talk her out of it.

The left just has absolutely zero logical thinking, you want to corner a bear and poke it with sticks but when it lashes out at you run away crying about how bad the evil bear was. When one looks for a fight , they just might end up finding it.

I'm sorry, I was raised to not go looking for trouble and to pretty much fight only when I have no other option.
Would you also do everything you could to talk them out joining a hate group, or participating in one of their hate rallies?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies