Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 12:00 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,169,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
And cons wring their hands & wonder why they're called deplorable. The evidence is all laid out right here.
Yup. Nothing more than bitter losers who lead miserable lives filled with hatred towards people who don't think or look like them.

Many more to the ignore list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2017, 12:02 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,169,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
So if they had been allowed to have their little rally, Heather Heyer would still be alive.
Try again.

Heather would still be alive if some piece of crap white nationalist didn't run her down like the terrorist he is.

Old 08-18-2017, 12:24 PM

29,444 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callahan Auto Parts View Post
That's a lot of victim-blaming you've crammed into this post. Why not admonish Heather Heyer for not jumping out of the way fast enough? You might as well.

Right-wingers are sick puppies.

How is this victim blaming ? I do think it is tragic that she died.
The Nazi /White supremacist followers have always been know to be violent , so if I was a parent and my daughter wanted to go square off with them I'd do everything I could to talk her out of it.

The left just has absolutely zero logical thinking, you want to corner a bear and poke it with sticks but when it lashes out at you run away crying about how bad the evil bear was. When one looks for a fight , they just might end up finding it.

I'm sorry, I was raised to not go looking for trouble and to pretty much fight only when I have no other option.

Old 08-18-2017, 12:29 PM

8,313 posts, read 3,921,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Heather's Mother Susan Bro is refusing to speak with Trump even though he is trying to contact her. Her position is she will not forgive him for morally equating what her daughter did, peaceful protest, with what the white supremacist and KKK did, namely spewing racial hate and engaging in deadly violence.

I agree with Ms. Bro's position, as do the majority of Americans, and may her beautiful daughter, who stood up for her beliefs and values, RIP.
Good for her. After his comments, that would truly be shameful if Trump met with her, with his ridiculously transparent attempt to pretend compassion. I wouldn't let the man cross the threshold of my house under any conceivable circumstances, much less in a situation like this.

Old 08-18-2017, 12:34 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,085,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Heather would still be alive if some piece of crap white nationalist didn't run her down like the terrorist he is.
Or if she had a better mom...

Old 08-18-2017, 12:53 PM

8,494 posts, read 3,335,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Okay, thanks for the info. Although, finding out that the unite group had their permit revoked and still stood their ground would have been a huge red flag for me. That is a tinderbox just waiting to go off.

I will be interested to hear the results (if we ever do) of the investigation of the incident. There are rumors that the mayor had the police stand down, almost as if they wanted something to happen. Hopefully that isn't the case, if it is Heathers death is on the person that made that decision.
From your posts I know you're a decent guy.

But why the attempt to blame anyone or anything but the Nazi-KKK belief system perhaps compounded by the psychological instability that spurred Fields on?

The police had called off the rally. Fields was in his car. This killing did not happen in the midst of a crowd out of control.

Even if the next retort becomes the police should have blockaded the streets? This even though they wanted folks to leave.

Why would a temporary wooden blockade have stopped him for surely a car moving at the speed it did would have plowed right through?

If you want a perpetrator beyond Fields ...

The killing happened because a group came to "liberal" (their words) town with the idea of stirring up trouble and (their language) taking over the streets using as an excuse an issue that the town had already resolved in a democratic process.

Simple as that.

Last edited by EveryLady; 08-18-2017 at 01:17 PM..

Old 08-18-2017, 12:53 PM

1,816 posts, read 1,149,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Two wrongs don't make a right.
Heather Heyer was in no way WRONG to protest hate and evil, It was her right to do so if she so chose.

Old 08-18-2017, 01:06 PM

8,494 posts, read 3,335,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
She's obviously not so grieved that she'll miss an opportunity to participate in the political martyrization of her misguided child. Were something like this to happen to my child, I can't imagine I'd be involved in political debates of any kind. She's a bad mom.
THIS is what Ms. Bro had to say after Trump's statement on Monday (his attempt guided by staff to clean up after the Saturday debacle):

Quote:
"Thank you, President Trump, for those words of comfort and for denouncing those who promote violence and hatred," Susan Bro said in a statement, according to NBC News.

"My condolences, also, to the grieving families of the two state troopers and quick recovering for those injured," she added
Trump's response was (to the effect that): The mother had very nice things to say about me. It's all about HIM. HIM. HIM. Politicizing wouldn't you say? Plus the guy never had the class to call her at time when she MIGHT very well have been pleased to hear from the President of the United States.

Well after his meltdown at the Tuesday press conference, I guess Mrs. Bro just changed her mind.

Too bad - and now too late - for Donny.

Yet another Trump screw-up.

Don't put this on Susan Bro, the mother of a dead child.

Old 08-18-2017, 01:09 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,645,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Yet that child was marching with BLM and Antifa, both known for violent rioting and suppressing the free speech rights of others. I tell my child to be careful who she associates with as their actions and crimes may be taken as hers and their bad reputation may become hers. You're quick to associate everyone on the right with the actions of the driver of that car, yet you want to disassociate this woman from the others there who would be labeled as with the violent left?

You don't get to have it both ways.

And her mom is still a bad mom.
With comments like that you'll be on so many ignore lists your posts will never be read. Maybe your comments would be more appreciated at Stormfront?

Old 08-18-2017, 01:11 PM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Heather's mother is dealing with incredible grief.

Why in the world would she give Trump so much as a second of her time so that he can make a big show of it.

If it had been my daughter, the Secret Service would never allow me that close to him.
They wouldn't let you close kids or not so....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies