Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2017, 08:50 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,087,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
You need to stop saying that, you have already ran that into the ground. You are in no position to say she is a bad mom when you don't know anything about this woman, you don't know her life story or have walked in her shoes, so you can't make that judgement on her.
What is there to know when judging her actions in this case? What's she's "been through" has no bearing on what she did in appearing to promote an agenda rather than tend to burying her dead daughter. She's a bad mom in this circumstance. Doesn't she have a funeral to be at and doesn't that, as a parent, take priority over appearing on camera anywhere to further her opinions? She's demonstrated what's truly important. Her daughter's death is just an opportunity as it is with other leftists in creating a martyr to rally around. Never let a tragedy go to waste, as one of your heroes has said, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
I guess had she talked to the president, she would not be so bad in your eyes. And if she is a bad parent, then everybody at that rally on both side must have had bad parents as well. Calling her a bad mom in this situation doesn't even make any sense, her daughter was grown and made her own decision.
She should not have talked to Our President nor should she even have made any public response to an offer to do so. Yes, everyone participating in that event had bad parents who did not instill in their children the common sense to not place themselves in dangerous situations. Good moms (and dads) teach their children how to be careful. She's not a good mom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2017, 08:54 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,435,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Heather's Mother Susan Bro is refusing to speak with Trump even though he is trying to contact her. Her position is she will not forgive him for morally equating what her daughter did, peaceful protest, with what the white supremacist and KKK did, namely spewing racial hate and engaging in deadly violence.

I agree with Ms. Bro's position, as do the majority of Americans, and may her beautiful daughter, who stood up for her beliefs and values, RIP.
Her daughter was hanging out with a bunch of violent "Antifa" fascist thugs -- obviously, she was no sweet little angel.

Even her mom said she was a "handful" to raise.

Her mom sounds like a case just by herself.

Old 08-19-2017, 08:57 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
The organizer of the White Supremacist Jason Kessler worked for CNN.. Kessler was an Obama supporter in 2016. He was also involved in the Occupy movement and wrote about it.

Wall Street protests grow after unions' endorsement - CNNPolitics

Old 08-19-2017, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The organizer of the White Supremacist Jason Kessler worked for CNN.. Kessler was an Obama supporter in 2016. He was also involved in the Occupy movement and wrote about it.
Yep.

This whole "Charlottesville" thing was a big false flag planted by the Left.

They are responsible for all the death and destruction.

Old 08-19-2017, 09:14 AM

8,502 posts, read 3,340,526 times
Just to TRY to introject some degree of reality (not the some posters would even care), the crowd that Fields plowed into was a mixture of people many of whom were Charlottesville residents. The police had already closed down the rally. Many of the Unite to Right and counter-protestors were already heading out of town.

Things had really quieted down. Except for some perhaps odd skirmishes on side streets, there was no fighting or battling.

Instead the remaining counter-protestors were chanting that they (many of whom were LOCALs) had again regained control of the streets of their city.

Remember. The goal of the Unite to Right was to move from the dark recesses of the web into the streets of a liberal city. General Lee? Not so much.

THIS is what Heather joined into and where she was mowed down.

Anyone have any photos of Heather battling among the Antifa?

She was not a "fallen soldier" but a murdered citizen.

Old 08-19-2017, 09:19 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint
I have not heard any comments from Trump even attempting to pretend compassion towards Heather's family.

On Tuesday's press conference, at the end, when asked if he would be visiting Charlottesville, like previous Presidents have visited the site of tragedies, his answer was a plug for his winery, "I have a great winery there, one of the biggest in the country!" It's obvious he hasn't given more than a seconds thought to the real suffering and loss the Heyer family has suffered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I challenge any of the Trump apologists here to defend that callous and tone deaf response. Come on, Trump supporters, let's hear how that was appropriate and presidential given the context.
What, no Trump supporter will touch this question? I wonder why.

Old 08-19-2017, 09:21 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
Just to TRY to introject some degree of reality (not the some posters would even care), the crowd that Fields plowed into was a mixture of people many of whom were Charlottesville residents. The police had already closed down the rally. Many of the Unite to Right and counter-protestors were already heading out of town.

Things had really quieted down. Except for some perhaps odd skirmishes on side streets, there was no fighting or battling.

Instead the remaining counter-protestors were chanting that they (many of whom were LOCALs) had again regained control of the streets of their city.

Remember. The goal of the Unite to Right was to move from the dark recesses of the web into the streets of a liberal city. General Lee? Not so much.

THIS is what Heather joined into and where she was mowed down.

Anyone have any photos of Heather battling among the Antifa?

She was not a "fallen soldier" but a murdered citizen.
Heather was a thrill seeker. She knew Antifa was there and BLM.. it was not a safe environment.. many townspeople were told to stay away.. Heather didn't leave. They were suppose to leave she didn't, By your own words the rally was closed down... the crowd wanted more. They blocked the streets. They were not even on the sidewalk. That says something.. they were looking for more trouble.

Old 08-19-2017, 09:21 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Heather's Mother Susan Bro is refusing to speak with Trump even though he is trying to contact her. Her position is she will not forgive him for morally equating what her daughter did, peaceful protest, with what the white supremacist and KKK did, namely spewing racial hate and engaging in deadly violence.

I agree with Ms. Bro's position, as do the majority of Americans, and may her beautiful daughter, who stood up for her beliefs and values, RIP.
of course we all hope she RIP but he didn't really say what she thinks he said as hateful as the white nationalist are and were, they did not come with intentions of violence, they came to protest. One person is responsible for the death of Heather. Heather might have been protesting peacefully but the group came prepared for violence. Though i think Trump handled the situation wrong, as he often does, there is blame to go around on both sides as far as I am concerned. This is one reason I have always had problems with protest. Peaceful or not they can always turn violent. And please do not get me wrong, I have no love for KKK or white nationalist or any other hate group and I one of the least prejudice people in the country.

Old 08-19-2017, 10:23 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,366,942 times
Quote:
I challenge any of the Trump apologists here to defend that callous and tone deaf response. Come on, Trump supporters, let's hear how that was appropriate and presidential given the context.
He suffers from an incurable case of verbal diarrhea, i.e. when I don't know what to say, I'll ramble on about what I know best: me, me, ME!

Old 08-19-2017, 11:04 AM

Quote:
What, no Trump supporter will touch this question? I wonder why.
What question?

All I heard was rhetoric.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies