U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 07:06 PM

12,403 posts, read 3,852,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
What about Native Americans? Can they stay?
Yes? They have what to do with mass globalized immigration?

Old 08-18-2017, 07:08 PM

2,054 posts, read 1,088,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I'm not the one considered diversity in America so the diversity can move if they don't like white America. My ancestry was here before the Revolution, the Constitution and let alone the 1965 Immigration Act, so they'll all go before people like me do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
What about Native Americans? Can they stay?

I don't know- what about the black people who were in America before the Revolution, perhaps they can stay as well.

Old 08-18-2017, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
America isn't going to become all-minority. We're all going to end up a mixed race and the mixed race will be the majority.

People who try to cling to their sheets are going to be the minority - but the rest of us won't care.

I don't know anyone who cares about diluting the white race (which also dilutes other races, by the way) except for racists.

What do you care?
Why would that happen? It hasn't happen in 400 years. It didn't completely happen in Latin America. And to the extent that it did, Latin America isn't something the US would want to emulate.

Is America and the West the only nations that are required to be blended? Wouldn't it be racist for the rest of the world to not be blended? I find your ideas very odd and biologically ignorant.

Old 08-18-2017, 07:13 PM

5,023 posts, read 2,195,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
America isn't going to become all-minority. We're all going to end up a mixed race and the mixed race will be the majority.

People who try to cling to their sheets are going to be the minority - but the rest of us won't care.

I don't know anyone who cares about diluting the white race (which also dilutes other races, by the way) except for racists.

What do you care?

Ancestry.com and all those DNA testing resources have just about done that. No one is "pure as the driven snow". I am sure A major portion of people living in the US today have at least some Black "blood".

Old 08-18-2017, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
Ancestry.com and all those DNA testing resources have just about done that. No one is "pure as the driven snow". I am sure A major portion of people living in the US today have at least some Black "blood".
Except not.

https://geneticliteracyproject.org/2...f-youre-white/

Quote:
With respect to European Americans, the percentages are much more different than African Americans or Latinos, with European American genomes being 98.6*percent*European, 0.19 percent*African and 0.18*percent*Native American.
Just so you understand that doesn't mean white Americans all have a tiny sliver of non-European ancestry. It means most of them have none.

Besides which no one said anything about being pure race to begin with. That is a complete strawman argument. Black Americans are less "pure" black than whites are pure white, but they self identify as black and even Barrack Obama identified as a black man.

Old 08-18-2017, 07:29 PM

32,648 posts, read 13,780,488 times
Quote:
Except not.

https://geneticliteracyproject.org/2...f-youre-white/

Just so you understand that doesn't mean white Americans all have a tiny sliver of non-European ancestry. It means most of them have none.

Besides which no one said anything about being pure race to begin with. That is a complete strawman argument. Black Americans are less "pure" black than whites are pure white, but they self identify as black and even Barrack Obama identified as a black man.
Why is that even important, a hundred years down the road not one race will be pure, is that the concern here, to maintain European purity.

Old 08-18-2017, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Why is that even important, a hundred years down the road not one race will be pure, is that the concern here, to maintain European purity.
Just inserting a little fact and science. That America is going to be a multi-minority country and will have distinct racial groups. I don't know why pure race is brought up, but evidence says they will remain in America.

Old 08-18-2017, 07:48 PM

22,952 posts, read 22,436,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Cravings View Post
I love when people post these gotcha topics.

Oh, man! My mind is so blown!

Lets talk about all the Irish slaves, how Africans forced slavery upon white nations, and how ant colonies can enslave conquered ant colonies or how the bible doesn't explicitly condemn slavery so it's not morally wrong.
Not a "gotcha topic" at all, more of a "there's many sides of an issue" topic. In other words (if you'll forgive the pun) it's not as black and white nor simple as it's made out to be.

Old 08-18-2017, 07:56 PM

20,202 posts, read 9,866,858 times
Quote:
Why would that happen? It hasn't happen in 400 years. It didn't completely happen in Latin America. And to the extent that it did, Latin America isn't something the US would want to emulate.

Is America and the West the only nations that are required to be blended? Wouldn't it be racist for the rest of the world to not be blended? I find your ideas very odd and biologically ignorant.

It hasn't happened in 400 years because during 360 of those years this was unacceptable. Even in Italy it was frowned upon when peasants in the south wanted to marry richer northerners.

It's a brand new day. Groups mingle, people are exposed to those in other races and those who care about interracial dating or marriage are in the minority.

White isn't likely to be all white for too much longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
That's probably true.

I don't know why I find it so funny that the thought of a 100% white race becoming extinct bothers some people, but I do.

Old 08-18-2017, 07:58 PM

30,893 posts, read 13,400,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I'd rather keep them up if there are any as a reminder, not to celebrate them. Just like the Confederate statues. A REMINDER of the past.
Where are the statues of slaves if we need A REMINDER OF THE PAST
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or