Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 03:57 PM

11,914 posts, read 6,499,835 times

Advertisements

American Indians owned slaves also.
Every stone of the pyramids were placed by slaves - owned by Egyptian-Africans
Has there been any historical culture that hasnt had a history with slavery?
Maybe the buddhists? .....

It's hard to imagine this pervasive human consciousness throughout history that felt the need to enslave other humans.

Old 08-18-2017, 04:00 PM

22,974 posts, read 26,902,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
You are seriously just learning about this? My God, does anyone get a decent history education in the U.S. anymore?
Well yes, bless your heart. I tend to forget random factoids that have no bearing on what I do,who I deal with or that I really give a cr@p about so before I say something I LOOK UP what I have a slight memory of to verify it's actual existence unlike "some" who just spew or recite the latest echo chamber song.
Sorry if I don't dwell in the house of "who's done my far flung ancient ancestors wrong" on a daily basis...

Old 08-18-2017, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
American Indians owned slaves also.
Every stone of the pyramids were placed by slaves - owned by Egyptian-Africans
Has there been any historical culture that hasnt had a history with slavery?
Maybe the buddhists? .....

It's hard to imagine this pervasive human consciousness throughout history that felt the need to enslave other humans.
Which were mostly/all Jews! I WANT REPARATIONS! I WANT THOSE PYRAMIDS TORN DOWN right NOW!
Wonder how far that'll go?

Old 08-18-2017, 04:06 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,319,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Did they own any white slaves? White supremacy allowed for blacks to oppress blacks, blacks to kill blacks, blacks to disrespect blacks....etc. They just did not allow blacks to do those things to whites. Any blacks that oppressed blacks, was still looked at as below and inferior to whites. In other words, blacks were used as tools....too...to promote white supremacy.
Well said. The thread should have ended right here.

Old 08-18-2017, 04:06 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,025,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I did a quick search, just wondering if there were any Black slave owners or overseers and was suprised to find that evidently and shockingly there was a significant amount of Black slave owners back in the 1800's.
I wonder what BLM/Anti-Faaaa and the Left would do with this if it was actually reported?

Black slave owners in the United States

Black Slave Owners in Charleston
Actually, I have been aware of this odd fact for many years. I never checked to make sure it is actually true, probably because it is a curiosity but in no other way relevant.

Old 08-18-2017, 04:15 PM

2,053 posts, read 1,519,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Multiculturalism and diversity is a failure, always was and always will be.

Of course I blame the long gone people prior to the 1820s that brought slaves here to undercut white labor and ignored the perils of multiculturalism, just as I blame those who promote even more multiculturalism today.
Yes, it is a shame that people can't get along in spite of their differences. Perhaps you can move to a less diverse place and enjoy the benefits of that society.

Old 08-18-2017, 04:17 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,148,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claymoore View Post
The vast majority of those who were enslaved and transported to the New World, mainly on the triangular trade route and its Middle Passage, were Africans from the central and western parts of Africa who had been sold by other West Africans.
Yeah, I'm quite aware of that.

What would we your point and what does that have to do with what happened to slaves here in America?

Old 08-18-2017, 05:01 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,054,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
If we had a completely no multi-racial/multicultural policy from the start, then there would've been no slavery, no confederacy, no civil War, no racism, no "Jim crow" etc.

Multiculturalism is a dismal failure. It will never lead to harmony and unity.
Not my problem. I'm enjoying my life.

Leave if you don't like it. I have no other advice to offer you.

Old 08-18-2017, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Not my problem. I'm enjoying my life.

Leave if you don't like it. I have no other advice to offer you.
Would many,many people who are here in the U.S. today follow your wise statement and sage advice we'd be a much happier and quiet nation...

Old 08-18-2017, 06:06 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,818,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Tarabotti View Post
Yes, it is a shame that people can't get along in spite of their differences. Perhaps you can move to a less diverse place and enjoy the benefits of that society.
I'm not the one considered diversity in America so the diversity can move if they don't like white America. My ancestry was here before the Revolution, the Constitution and let alone the 1965 Immigration Act, so they'll all go before people like me do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies