U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel about Bannon's departure?
Voted for Trump, and think he did the right thing. 8 10.00%
Voted for Trump, and feel betrayed. 3 3.75%
Voted for Trump, don't care either way about Bannon. 11 13.75%
Did not vote for Trump. 58 72.50%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 03:50 PM

2,624 posts, read 4,802,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
This is where it's going. When Trump fired Bannon, he fired the base that brought him to the dance.
Bannon appeared to be going after the Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren base with his proposed tax increases. Bannon was not a conservative. Good riddance Bannon!

https://theintercept.com/2017/07/26/...the-very-rich/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2017, 03:52 PM

9,064 posts, read 2,961,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
I really do hope so. He's a despicable human being.

https://www.axios.com/white-house-re...474443198.html
I heard the most ridiculous statement from a "friend" of Bannon's, being interviewed from Europe today on NPR. He said, "If Bannon goes back to Breitbart, he will be the most important voice in America". He might be important to the most mentally-compromised members of his zombie following, but not to anyone else. I would expect that many of the cult who post here, would be referring to his statements regularly. More sick humor in store for the rest of us.

Now he needs to dump the ghoulish Stephen Miller and then Gorka. Kelly seems to be making progress on his "Mission Impossible", to straighten out the White House. If this continues, Trump will be elbowed aside and become completely impotent, even if still in office.

Old 08-18-2017, 03:59 PM

1,039 posts, read 401,183 times
Basically, Bannon lost the battle against others in the administration. Be prepared for a bunch of hit pieces against the folks in the WH that got Bannon kicked to the curb. I believe Pollak tweeted #war today. He must have been sobbing in the editor's office.

Old 08-18-2017, 04:02 PM

8,509 posts, read 8,848,311 times
Trump needs a reset and needs to reach out to all moderates in the senate and house, but If I step back and look at whats going on, its primarily driven by the leftists. The left is completely out of control. Appalling.

Old 08-18-2017, 04:03 PM

9,898 posts, read 3,256,352 times
so will the army of meme monkeys stick with bannon or support trump?

Old 08-18-2017, 04:05 PM

13,006 posts, read 6,224,986 times
Quote:
This is where it's going. When Trump fired Bannon, he fired the base that brought him to the dance.
Yeah, maybe they can bring Queen Pelosi to the dance floor. Remember the Al-left group is waiting in the wing.

Old 08-18-2017, 04:08 PM

14,379 posts, read 7,942,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post

And she is totally right, because they control the simple minds who use them to do their thinking for them.

Easier to lie to people than tell them they're being lied to. They get mad, and they have been uber-mad for more than a year. So I guess that would make them uber-lies by the MSM.

Why are they called Main Stream Media, when they have become so out of the main stream?

Quote:
Does anyone really believe Bannon thought his rant to a left wing rag was off the record?

You people are truly oblivious if you can't see this was all arranged. Cover for Trump when he needed it the most. Bannon is now free to go back to doing what he does best without political constraints. Sheesh, how much more obvious can it be?

As a side payoff: Pelosi's "white supremacist in the White House" rant showed how much of a lunatic she truly is, again. That's a win win.

Hello boys and girls: The cheese of the month is "white supremacist" for the progressive rat club.

Last edited by steven_h; 08-18-2017 at 04:18 PM..

Old 08-18-2017, 04:08 PM

11,917 posts, read 3,608,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Today, I will open a bottle of wine and do something I never thought I'd do: Read the comments on Breitbart.

What wine goes with solid helpings of schadenfreude?
Riesling? Actually, probably any.

Old 08-18-2017, 04:27 PM

6,587 posts, read 1,936,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
I guess elements in the trump white house like Kelly think its time to focus less on issues like immigration, jobs and economic nationalism ,infrastructure and more on the generals and international wars and he will be replaced by some rich wall street or goldman sachs guy

I hope Bannon heads to breitbart and they start going after the Democrats and republicans. This entire presidency has been defined by russian investigations, it would be hard to figure out that the democrats are at their weakest point in 100 years. They have literally got everything they wanted

I love this idea! It will splinter the Republicans even more, and allow the public to more clearly see the frightening fascist element of the right wing.

Old 08-18-2017, 04:32 PM

3,618 posts, read 1,556,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
And she is totally right, because they control the simple minds who use them to do their thinking for them.

Easier to lie to people than tell them they're being lied to. They get mad, and they have been uber-mad for more than a year. So I guess that would make them uber-lies by the MSM.

Why are they called Main Stream Media, when they have become so out of the main stream?

Does anyone really believe Bannon thought his rant to a left wing rag was off the record?

You people are truly oblivious if you can't see this was all arranged. Cover for Trump when he needed it the most. Bannon is now free to go back to doing what he does best without political constraints. Sheesh, how much more obvious can it be?

As a side payoff: Pelosi's "white supremacist in the White House" rant showed how much of a lunatic she truly is, again. That's a win win.

Hello boys and girls: The cheese of the month is "white supremacist" for the progressive rat club.
exactly.

I love it . I just read this.

Last edited by floridanative10; 08-18-2017 at 04:40 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies