Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel about Bannon's departure?
Voted for Trump, and think he did the right thing. 8 10.00%
Voted for Trump, and feel betrayed. 3 3.75%
Voted for Trump, don't care either way about Bannon. 11 13.75%
Did not vote for Trump. 58 72.50%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 05:58 PM

1,085 posts, read 2,233,338 times

Advertisements

Today's lesson kids, DON'T hire family members as part of your presidential cabinet

Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner 'Helped Push' Bannon Out: Source

"The aftermath of the president’s headline-making comments – including that there were “a lot of bad people” among the anti-racist counter-protestors at the rally – “there has been tension among the whole family,” the source tells PEOPLE.

“[Ivanka and Jared] have some control, but they weren’t elected President, so it’s difficult,” says the source, adding that they’re concerned about “how they will be seen” by the Jewish community."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2017, 06:01 PM

7,824 posts, read 4,565,821 times
The one thing I'll give Bannon credit for is that unlike Limbaugh, Hannety, Coulter and all the other BS artists, Bannon actually did put some time in the government (well, six months anyway). Regardless of how toxic the man is he at least got out from behind the computer keyboard or microphones and did a real live shift in the hallowed halls. That's not for nothin'.

Now that he's proved to be a failure at that, there's really not much point listening to anything else the man has to say from here on out. He tried, he blew it, now go away...

Old 08-18-2017, 06:05 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
Haven't read all the posts, but the question is: The left kept hammering away that Bannon runs the WH.
If he did, then why did he get fired? Why didn't he fire Trump?

Let's see how the left spins this now. See if Bannon doesn't become the left's darling from here on in.

Old 08-18-2017, 06:08 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Haven't read all the posts, but the question is: The left kept hammering away that Bannon runs the WH.

Let's see how the left spins this now. See if Bannon doesn't become the left's darling from here on in.
I am not on the left but I believe Bannon pulled all the strings. Watch Trump fall even harder now that he is gone.

Old 08-18-2017, 06:08 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:

Sorry to disillusion you, but Bannon will never be a hero of mine.

Although you can bet that if he ever publishes a tell-all about his WH experience, I will damn sure read it. And if I run across some juicy information in it that I can use to rebut a silly c-d post, I will damn sure use it.

Old 08-18-2017, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
I am not on the left but I believe Bannon pulled all strings. Watch Trump fall even harder now that he is gone.
Bannon wanted to pull the strings. But he didn't. He was a stumbling block.

Old 08-18-2017, 06:10 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Sorry to disillusion you, but Bannon will never be a hero of mine.

Although you can bet that if he ever publishes a tell-all about his WH experience, I will damn sure read it. And if I run across some juicy information in it that I can use to rebut a silly c-d post, I will damn sure use it.
They could make a mini series out of it.

Old 08-18-2017, 06:12 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,346,947 times
Quote:

Ivanka and Jared spearheaded the anti-Bannon faction within the WH that got him fired. Bannon never learned the biggest lesson: family comes first. He thought he could wield more influence, but in the end, Ivanka and Jared served him the ultimate turd pie. It's ok, Bannon left volubtarily, and claims he will continue advocating for Trump outside the WH. No need to hyperventilate like Ann Coulter on Twitter.

Old 08-18-2017, 06:13 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
Bannon wanted to pull the strings. But he didn't. He was a stumbling block.
yeah you should have read the posts. plenty of us left leaning folk predicted your lot would condemn and belittle bannon as soon as he was out...

you guys do it to everyone who leaves or is booted...

and btw if you read a little before posting you would know the right claims that bannon left and was not kicked... because bannon can do more from the sidelines.. (i dont believe it at this point)

Old 08-18-2017, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
Ivanka and Jared spearheaded the anti-Bannon faction within the WH that got him fired. Bannon never learned the biggest lesson: family comes first. He thought he could wield more influence, but in the end, Ivanka and Jared served him the ultimate turd pie. It's ok, Bannon left volubtarily, and claims he will continue advocating for Trump outside the WH. No need to hyperventilate like Ann Coulter on Twitter.
I happen to like Coulter. She's outrageous and says it like it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
yeah you should have read the posts. plenty of us left leaning folk predicted your lot would condemn and belittle bannon as soon as he was out...

you guys do it to everyone who leaves or is booted...

and btw if you read a little before posting you would know the right claims that bannon left and was not kicked... because bannon can do more from the sidelines.. (i dont believe it at this point)
I've never said a word about Bannon. However, his comment about NK and 'no military solution' was totally out of line and undermining the President and the Administration. That's where he overstepped the line.

He 'left' by 'mutual agreement'. I seriously doubt that he's going to work in support of Trump. He will work for Bannon, and none of you on the left liked what you think Bannon stands for. The left wanted him out, so consider what he will be working for now, unfettered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies