Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2017, 03:05 PM

16,278 posts, read 10,411,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkrapapple3 View Post
During last year's campaign, I kinda got why people were enamored with an anti-establishment presidential candidate, but I never got why they actually believed Trump would be live up to be that president. Now, 7 moths in, I can't believe people can't see they were duped.

He has done nothing remotely approaching what he said he would do. Just look at healthcare. No one seriously believed he was going to provide this great utopian healthcare plan. But he wasn't even involved in the process. He let Congress try and try, just egging them on to repeal the ACA. But he never suggested any plans or ideas of his own.

Trump's campaign were basically Bannon's ideas. Funny thing is, with Bannon gone, now it's just going to be government as usual, which so many Trump supporters voted against.
Yeah I totally get why they bought into the Trump message. Here is a new face promising to shake things up and bring jobs back to America. A guy who promised a better health care system. And of course he was the alternative to that witch Hillary.

So I totally get why so many bought into Trump. But what I will never get is their stubborn, dug in mentality that has them completely ignore or excuse away all the problems we see coming out of the White House every day. It is OK to admit the President has flaws but for whatever reason they are incapable of doing this. Simply amazing how this snake oil salesman has taken control of their minds.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies