U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2017, 06:49 PM
NCN

21,135 posts, read 21,899,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
1. THe South never fixed its race problem, it has always been there. It was never healed.
2. many of the statues you speak of have only been there since the 1970's They were put up in response to the Civil Rights moment

3. There are new Statues being commissioned today that will be up before the year is over.

I get that you dislike, maybe even hate the left., But you cant pretend like these statues are just of Southern Pride, they arent.
Racist are the ones who have so much hate they are taking it out on innocent statues. When they do that they are breaking a federal law that says all civil war graves and monuments should be respected just as the graves and monuments of any other war heroes. I am more than tired of people like you spreading lies about this. You are the problem. Tolerance for both sides bringing us back together as a nation is the solution.

I have accepted the statue genocide but realize when the statues are gone the hatred that removed them will still be here. What's next? Kill all white southerners? Hypocrisy is alive and ruling in people like you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2017, 06:59 PM

21,681 posts, read 11,138,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post
What? I lived in the South in miss. Florida and texas. All I heard was the N word! I hated it! Don't kid yourself. The White population hate blacks. The wouldn't rent to them either. I was told by a realtor to always go in person so they could see i was white. As to churches i was told that if a black person came they ignored them so they would leave.
What kind of people do you live by ? I don't hear it. I can't tell you if I ever heard it. I went to school with black and white in high school . We got along. We didn't mingle much. We didn't have time . We had to run to classes to get there before the bell rang. In college we got along.. we enjoyed each others company . This was in the early 70's.

When I was a child I went to church in the summer and met black kids my age. My best friend in sunday school was black. I don't know where my friend lived. My world was small . We kids didn't get out much far from home. We were driven there by sunday school teachers and this was in the 50's.

Old 08-27-2017, 07:15 PM

26,834 posts, read 9,110,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Yah?

If you can run around spewing hate about the 'coastal elites" then why shouldn't we be able to point out the fact that the South is still fighting the civil war?

NO ONE is more divisive than the right wing in this country.
BS

The right is, for the first time, standing up and pushing back against the racist liberals. Statues are being use as an excuse for political power and control. Framed with the standard accusations of racism if people don't capitulate to the demands of racist liberals making the charge.
Things are changing and you don't know how to deal with it. Are liberals now going to disrespect working people and make the defense for the costal elites ? Is that the hill they want to die on ? Tell us more about these coastal elites and why you admire them so much.

Old 08-27-2017, 07:22 PM

19,527 posts, read 17,776,450 times
I live in North Carolina and let me tell you, racism is still alive down in my neck of the woods. I heard it loud and clear in 2008 and beyond. Most were the ones who were born and raised here.

Old 08-27-2017, 07:38 PM

1,641 posts, read 573,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
Anybody who writes of "wounds that have healed" with respect to race has no business starting this thread.

You're already in way over your head.

Even my most far right wing friend (and she is about as out there as you can get) knows better than that - much as she hates to admit it.
You'd have to be delusional to think that the racial wounds have healed in this country!! That woman lives in her comfortable white skin and has no authority to speak on racial issues. It's not uncommon to see different races working together in the south (or north). I'd be more impressed if she said that a significant number of minorities were in executive/managerial positions who have the same opportunities to be promoted as their white coworkers, more impressed if she said that different races lunch and/or socialize together. It is true that Mexican- American Tejanos fought in the Civil War on the Confederate side. It didn't do them much good. The Anglo Confederates stole their lands and killed them anyway.

Old 08-27-2017, 07:46 PM

2,201 posts, read 2,140,037 times
People are racists all over the country and all over the world. Leave the South alone.

Old 08-27-2017, 07:57 PM

5,941 posts, read 2,707,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Only if they hate people based on their race.
Sorry, but not having monuments to traitors and not celebrating the ownership of other human beings does not constitute erasing or rewriting history.

The ones trying to rewrite history are on the right, pretending that the civil war wasn't about slavery when we have the original writings saying explicitly that's exactly what they were upset about.

That's your opinion and not shared by the Majority. Almost 70% ofg Americans think the Statues should stay and are Historical, not racial. Sorry, but nice try.

Old 08-27-2017, 07:58 PM

12,258 posts, read 6,965,040 times
I am not engaging unknown blacks in any public setting. I don't even get in a line at a store with a black cashier.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 08-27-2017 at 08:17 PM..

Old 08-27-2017, 08:16 PM

5,941 posts, read 2,707,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Republicans are fighting to keep public statues that honor men who fought to keep slavery legal in America.

Republicans say White Supremacist/NAZI protesters have the same morals as non-NAZI protesters who protest against them.

Republicans want to build a wall between America and Mexico to keep out South Americans.

Republicans want to ban Muslims from coming to America.

Republicans attack low income black Americans on welfare.

And then republicans say "Liberals are the biggest racists I know."

Yep, keep the Statues and Monuments. Its our History. Almost 70% of Americans agree.

Yep, ANTIFA and BLM are worse than any NAZI or White Supremacist. They are the violent Terrorists. BLM endorses killing white Cops, beats up people who support Trump, and block highways. ANTIFA claims to be anti-NAZI, yet act like NAZI Brown shirts did opposing free speech and intimidating citizens with violence if they don't agree with them. They attack people, burn and destroy property same as NAZI Brown Shirts. They are Terrorists and a Disease in America.

Yep, all those things to be proud of. Build that wall and keep illegal aliens out. Its the Law.

Yep, Keep out Muslims who we can not check out properly and any who believe in Sharia Law. Islam is an ideology, not a religion, and is not compatible with Western Society. Period.

Yep, Against anyone on Welfare that is able to work and just uses the system. Guilty as charged.

Yep, Liberals (or Snowflakes) are the biggest Racists around and support Communists.

Old 08-27-2017, 08:17 PM

21,681 posts, read 11,138,235 times
The left wants us divided . the left keep opening wounds for they want blacks to believe they are being protected by the left.. no they are not.. The left keeps them in a slave mentality as if they have not moved on.. A racist has no power over black people anymore. They are free but the left keeps telling them they are still in chains and still a slave.

When will blacks realize that racists can't make them a victim anymore. They have earned respect but the left wants to keep using that damn race card , all about the color of their skin. It is just pigment.. and blacks have always been equal. The left just wants them to think they are lesser and need their help..

If a person is a racist. that is their problem and makes them look bad. They can no longer diminish blacks anymore. But the left keeps saying they are a victim of their own skin color. THEY ARE NOT!! Racists have no power over blacks anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or