Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2017, 07:24 AM

1,808 posts, read 4,037,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Let me help you. Go check out ANTIFA and BLM. Doing all those things and worse. Same as the NAZI Brownshirts under Adolf Hitler. Same tactics, same violence. Then come bac and tell us you don't see it.
Let me help you, comrade. I know of no left leaning folks doing what the OP claims. Period.
So " the left " is not. Some on the left, perhaps.
Which leads to the question ... how did the right get so weak to get pushed around like they are?
If the winners get to write the history books then the left is absolutely winning. No wonder you guys are so bitter, you are realizing you are on the wrong side of history.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2017, 07:28 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,348,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
What kind of people do you live by ? I don't hear it. I can't tell you if I ever heard it. I went to school with black and white in high school . We got along. We didn't mingle much. We didn't have time . We had to run to classes to get there before the bell rang. In college we got along.. we enjoyed each others company . This was in the early 70's.

When I was a child I went to church in the summer and met black kids my age. My best friend in sunday school was black. I don't know where my friend lived. My world was small . We kids didn't get out much far from home. We were driven there by sunday school teachers and this was in the 50's.
I lived by what Trump called the Good people. It was everywhere. Where I live now, you will find it in clubs that meet in town. I am glad that you had a better experience than I had. I couldn't wait to get out of those Southern States, and at least here I have never heard the N word, but I have heard a lot of racist comments, and so I quit going to those clubs. I learned to only socialize with Democrats, and they have never made racist comments. Basically it is the Christian/Republicans who made the racist comments. And then my old friends in California, who I had know for years, some from grammar school, have spouted off racist comments and were voting for Trump. Because I couldn't change their views, I ended our friendships. It was upsetting, but I am an anti-racist and hate bigotry as well.

Old 08-28-2017, 07:45 AM

25,948 posts, read 22,098,104 times
Quote:
The healing process after the Civil War was to bring the country back together. Erecting monuments of both sides helped the healing process knowing both sides lost many lives and had to go on as one nation.

Now the liberal left is opening up wounds that have healed.

The liberals are now implying that the southern people and keeping their statues are a sign of racism and that their statues must come down. The left are calling the southern people traitors as if they are still the enemy. This is dangerous to hear this.

They are now dividing the country again to demand these statues are to be removed. It is as if they believe the south is racist yet the history of this country has long moved on.

The left is stirring up any hate they can through dividing us.. Those self righteous people who think they are fighting a cause are creating hate and division.. these so called do gooders are ratcheting it up and it will not be good for our nation.
To me, these statutes are a reminder not to "go there" again in the future.

The left is being driven by globalists as they are extremely gullible and were easy to recruit for the globalist agenda. In order for globalism to move forward, everything we are as a people and a country has to be destroyed. Obama got it underway, Hillary was going to carry it through, but oops, and now these gullible minions have taken up the cause.

They must divide to conquer, that is the platform of the left and globalists. Sadly, the left is too stupid to see that they are being used in this way, and all they here is "free" stuff!

Old 08-28-2017, 07:48 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,348,616 times
Quote:
The left wants us divided . the left keep opening wounds for they want blacks to believe they are being protected by the left.. no they are not.. The left keeps them in a slave mentality as if they have not moved on.. A racist has no power over black people anymore. They are free but the left keeps telling them they are still in chains and still a slave.

When will blacks realize that racists can't make them a victim anymore. They have earned respect but the left wants to keep using that damn race card , all about the color of their skin. It is just pigment.. and blacks have always been equal. The left just wants them to think they are lesser and need their help..

If a person is a racist. that is their problem and makes them look bad. They can no longer diminish blacks anymore. But the left keeps saying they are a victim of their own skin color. THEY ARE NOT!! Racists have no power over blacks anymore.
I would suggest you read a few books on this, and your views are those of the white supremacists, and I think maybe you don't realize it. I would read book by Tim Wise, and the The New Jim Crow. The Democrats see that the blacks are at a disadvantage because white people wouldn't hire them and colleges would accept them, and their wages were low, still are. Affirmative action was created to give them a fighting change.

Another good book to read is White Rage. You may not see racism in your community because you don't recognize it. I had a friend who claimed to not be racist, and yet she believed that what was written in a white supremacist magazine was true. So many people think that they are not racists if what they believe about blacks is true.

Old 08-28-2017, 09:55 AM

1,320 posts, read 1,534,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I live in North Carolina and let me tell you, racism is still alive down in my neck of the woods. I heard it loud and clear in 2008 and beyond. Most were the ones who were born and raised here.
I live in North Carolina and my church is very diverse. This issue was mentioned earlier. My family goes back generations in NC and I was "raised" here.

Old 08-28-2017, 11:31 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,662,130 times
I always find it interesting that people from the west coast, Midwest, and North claim to know how the South as a whole thinks. Oddly enough.... actually coming to the South and spending time here paints a completely different picture than perceived. I grew up in a poor farming community working in fields next to black people who were no different economically than we were. My High School was 75% black. For us, it was normal and we saw no issues with it. It wasn't until I was grown that I began to see the complaints about racism in the South.

There are always pockets of racist people everywhere. That isn't relegated to Southern states. That also doesn't mean that the South has race issues any bigger than other areas of the country either. But, if allowed, other areas will try their best to pin that tail on Southern states whether it is true or not. The goal seems to be to continuously force the South to be considered racists because of the Civil War. People assume that because it once was, it must still be. It is only true when you choose to believe it, and choose to perpetuate those feelings towards people who have tried every way possible to get past a nasty history.

If you tell a lie enough, it becomes accepted as truth. This is the problem that we have now. We get pinned with a label by people who have zero credibility or ability to speak on the lives of people in the South. When Southerners try to refute those claims they get labeled as racist for standing up against the people making the claims.

It's flat out ridiculous.

Old 09-17-2017, 10:50 AM

1,515 posts, read 1,224,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post
I lived by what Trump called the Good people. It was everywhere. Where I live now, you will find it in clubs that meet in town. I am glad that you had a better experience than I had. I couldn't wait to get out of those Southern States, and at least here I have never heard the N word, but I have heard a lot of racist comments, and so I quit going to those clubs. I learned to only socialize with Democrats, and they have never made racist comments. Basically it is the Christian/Republicans who made the racist comments. And then my old friends in California, who I had know for years, some from grammar school, have spouted off racist comments and were voting for Trump. Because I couldn't change their views, I ended our friendships. It was upsetting, but I am an anti-racist and hate bigotry as well.
In other words you're intolerant of people holding differing opinions? What a bigoted way to live.

Old 09-17-2017, 12:44 PM

2,212 posts, read 1,073,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
One of my managers is from New Orleans. According to her, so far the city has spent about $2 million in removing the city's Confederate statues. And her thoughts were that the money could have been better spent helping the impoverished blacks in their city.

So sad that an important part of US history is being erased and rewritten by liberals and blacks. And after all of that, will the poor members of the black community be healed and break their cycle of dysfunction? Will black baby daddies start marrying their black baby mommas to raise their children together?
I'm afraid it already has been rewritten. Have you seen a middle school or high school US History book yet ?

To change a society you start with the youth.

Old 09-17-2017, 04:37 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,932,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Those that call people racist are racist themselves.
Stupid statement, even for you.........

Old 09-17-2017, 04:54 PM

35,687 posts, read 21,039,129 times
Not just the south
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies