U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2017, 08:31 AM

2,070 posts, read 1,590,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
And btw. Lived in the area for 13 years. No coercion. Charlottesville is quite liberal. Do some research next time. This was a town decision.
True...charlottesville is quite liberal, mostly because of the University, but its evident when youre there
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2017, 08:34 AM

33,235 posts, read 20,075,992 times
Poster posted this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Anyone that thinks just the South has race problems is a damn fool. There are just as many race problems in the north and other regions of the country as there are in the South.
and you came up with this

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
You don't think there is any race problem in the south.
You think that there are as many race problems in the north.

Does that mean you think the country has no race problems?

Where do you live" North, East, South, West.
With all due respect, Arguing for the sake of argument is a waste of time.

Old 08-19-2017, 09:14 AM

21,659 posts, read 11,115,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soletaire View Post
True...charlottesville is quite liberal, mostly because of the University, but its evident when youre there
The left picked the city.. Jason Kessler who worked for CNN was the organizer, told the crowd what to chant, what to say, what to do.. Kessler was an Obama plant or mole..for the left.. taking place in a very liberal city.. they had Antifa and BLM organize as well.

Reporters saw the police stand down as they beat each other as the cameras rolled. Made good talking points for CNN.. A big set up! And of course blamed on Trump.

Old 08-19-2017, 09:34 AM

26,715 posts, read 11,202,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Im not saying all Southerns are racist. Im not saying all conservatives are racist. Im not even saying everyone who supports leaving these statues up, or protests in support of them are racist.

I am saying that the South has a race problem that many dont want to acknowledge .
The problem is people like you who say the south has a race problem and doesn't recognize it. Did New York City recognize their race problem because the Terry Stops were racist since it was done overwhelmingly against blacks and latinos? I could go on and on about riots and unrest in New York but that doesn't fit the agenda. I haven't brought up Boston yet either. lol

Old 08-19-2017, 09:37 AM

10,869 posts, read 10,559,706 times
Old McRacist had a farm, ee-eye-ee-eye oh.

Here a racist, there a racist, everywhere a racist racist...

Does that word carry any weight anymore? It's been so overused I just laugh when I hear it, unfortunately--because there really are legitimate cases of racism, but you'll never see them. They've been buried under a mountain of trivial dung.

Old 08-19-2017, 09:41 AM

4,011 posts, read 2,524,796 times
Everywhere in all 50 states is racist idiot

Old 08-19-2017, 10:15 AM

4,416 posts, read 1,886,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The left picked the city.. Jason Kessler who worked for CNN was the organizer, told the crowd what to chant, what to say, what to do.. Kessler was an Obama plant or mole..for the left.. taking place in a very liberal city.. they had Antifa and BLM organize as well.

Reporters saw the police stand down as they beat each other as the cameras rolled. Made good talking points for CNN.. A big set up! And of course blamed on Trump.
No, Soros hired Kessler after he caught wind of him after reading Ms. Clinton's emails about Bengazi. Soros recently purchased a million shares of CNN but was upset that MSNBC was getting higher ratings so he had Kessler do what you said above. Oh, Obama had Kessler stay at his new house in DC (the one Soros paid for - so the Obamas owe Soros). Anyway, Kessler has been staying with the Obamas until Mr. Obama bought him a bus ticket to Charlottesville. If CNN stock now goes up, the Obamas have paid their debt to Soros or at least the Obamas hope so... Stay tuned...

Old 08-19-2017, 12:17 PM

10,156 posts, read 6,485,363 times
Quote:
You don't think there is any race problem in the south. ODid I say that? Show me where that was said?
You think that there are as many race problems in the north. Yes! And you don't. LOL!

Does that mean you think the country has no race problems?Where did you get that from? The whole country has race problems the ignorant try to put it off on the south. Stupidity!

[COLOR="Blue"[/color]

Last edited by Scotty011; 08-19-2017 at 12:27 PM..

Old 08-19-2017, 12:31 PM

23,058 posts, read 12,277,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post

So are you saying Trump is a 'plant' for the left like Kessler is?

Trump was as Democratic as they come -- buddies with Clinton, could care less about the Supreme Court, abortion, gay marriage and the Constitution -- just bow at his feet.

He wanted to win so he ran as a Republican. Are you saying Kessler couldn't get a job or notariety working for the liberals so he pretends to be a conservative now and is working under cover.

Wow -- you guys should be writing books.

Old 08-19-2017, 12:56 PM

10,653 posts, read 9,032,960 times
Quote:
You don't think there is any race problem in the south.
You think that there are as many race problems in the north.

Does that mean you think the country has no race problems?

I am a minority - mixed race to be exact (half black and half white). I live in the South, was born here but spent quite a bit of time living up North for high school and college. I felt more racism in the North personally. A lot more actually. It was so ridicously segregated up there. I could go to towns where I wouldn't see a single non-white face and I would definitely feel like I wasn't welcome. My college actually put almost all black people in the same dorm - the one wayyyy on the other side of campus. So yeah, I agree with that poster's assertion.

At least in the South, it doesn't feel as segregated and I work alongside white and black people all the time and no one bats an eye. Stores, neighborhoods, country clubs, social clubs, my kid's school, the same. Churches - totally still segregated. The South is by no means perfect but it's not this uber racist place so many people try to make it out to be. The North talks a big game of racial harmony but the reality on the ground, so to speak, is far different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or