U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2017, 10:54 AM

2,684 posts, read 1,048,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
My name is a combination of two names of my two dogs that passed. Are you again prejudiced calling out my name? You are a racist against slavics? Had to look up my name? You just insulted every immigrant that came here legally. The left is the true racists who hate .
I am not a "racist against slavics." Nor did I insult legal immigrants. What I am sick of is people like you who did not grow up here, do not understand the subtleties of American history or American identity, and think you know something about what any of that means, when you know nothing. Your commentary is indicative of complete ignorance of what it means to be American.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2017, 03:27 PM

34,691 posts, read 33,700,331 times
The most racist stories I read about happen in New York City.

Old 08-27-2017, 03:31 PM

21,660 posts, read 11,130,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
I am not a "racist against slavics." Nor did I insult legal immigrants. What I am sick of is people like you who did not grow up here, do not understand the subtleties of American history or American identity, and think you know something about what any of that means, when you know nothing. Your commentary is indicative of complete ignorance of what it means to be American.
I was born here and my parents were born here . You know nothing!! You are the ignorant one!

Old 08-27-2017, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Who said next Washington? Yellow journalism on your part. And you still have not shown why the Charlottesville decision to take Woden the lee statue was not a democratic process. Are u a communist?
Go look on the communist website. You would think you were visiting the democratic party website, You would feel right at home.

Old 08-27-2017, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
I don't take sides in name calling. I've been called names and it doesn't work with me. Whites were the ones who taught me "sticks and stone may break my bones but names will never hurt me."

I sympathize with Trump voters. I am friends with them. I work with them. They feel safe talking to me about their choice for Trump and safe making blank statements to me about Hispanics, Blacks or immigrants. White people had a huge impact on my life, though not always a direct positive experience, but mostly good. I enjoy hearing their point of view. But you are right. Trump voters come from all kinds of backgrounds. And you are right that race relations have soured since Obama.

What I am standing for is for you to consider for one moment that these statues are not how you connect to Americans from a different history. I don't believe the statues should be taken down unless something else can replace it or stand along side it that can represent other people who were impacted by those times.
In 50 years the Twin Tower memorial will have to be taken down because it will offend muslums. The way things are going I can see this happening.

Old 08-27-2017, 05:32 PM

30,066 posts, read 16,619,946 times
Quote:
The healing process after the Civil War was to bring the country back together. Erecting monuments of both sides helped the healing process knowing both sides lost many lives and had to go on as one nation.

Now the liberal left is opening up wounds that have healed.

The liberals are now implying that the southern people and keeping their statues are a sign of racism and that their statues must come down. The left are calling the southern people traitors as if they are still the enemy. This is dangerous to hear this.

They are now dividing the country again to demand these statues are to be removed. It is as if they believe the south is racist yet the history of this country has long moved on.

The left is stirring up any hate they can through dividing us.. Those self righteous people who think they are fighting a cause are creating hate and division.. these so called do gooders are ratcheting it up and it will not be good for our nation.
Yah?

If you can run around spewing hate about the 'coastal elites" then why shouldn't we be able to point out the fact that the South is still fighting the civil war?

NO ONE is more divisive than the right wing in this country.

Old 08-27-2017, 05:37 PM

6,482 posts, read 3,076,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
1. THe South never fixed its race problem, it has always been there. It was never healed.
2. many of the statues you speak of have only been there since the 1970's They were put up in response to the Civil Rights moment

3. There are new Statues being commissioned today that will be up before the year is over.

I get that you dislike, maybe even hate the left., But you cant pretend like these statues are just of Southern Pride, they arent.

The South never fixed its race problem? I think you meant to say the country never fixed its race problem.

Who are you kidding? Some of the most racist people I have ever met live in the northern half of the country.

Fix your own problems before you start working on the problems of other Americans.

Old 08-27-2017, 05:45 PM

5,119 posts, read 1,824,128 times
What has been cute about this whole thing to me is the side that won the war is the one thats still butt hurt over it 150 years later and pull this statue crap trying to keep it ongoing.

Old 08-27-2017, 05:46 PM

4,995 posts, read 1,790,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
He didn't even imply that.

Can none of you guys make an honest argument?

You guys referring to people who are best described as "anti-left." You aren't right wing, as that would require some commitment to an ideology or principles. I've seen no evidence of that. You just hate the left. And that's all you are.

Well, to be fair..she loves Trump

Old 08-27-2017, 05:55 PM

2,684 posts, read 1,048,398 times
Quote:
I was born here and my parents were born here . You know nothing!! You are the ignorant one!
Then why is your English often like that of those whose native language is not English?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or