U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-18-2017, 05:57 PM
 
Location: Florida
21,673 posts, read 11,135,668 times
Reputation: 7895

Advertisements

The healing process after the Civil War was to bring the country back together. Erecting monuments of both sides helped the healing process knowing both sides lost many lives and had to go on as one nation.

Now the liberal left is opening up wounds that have healed.

The liberals are now implying that the southern people and keeping their statues are a sign of racism and that their statues must come down. The left are calling the southern people traitors as if they are still the enemy. This is dangerous to hear this.

They are now dividing the country again to demand these statues are to be removed. It is as if they believe the south is racist yet the history of this country has long moved on.

The left is stirring up any hate they can through dividing us.. Those self righteous people who think they are fighting a cause are creating hate and division.. these so called do gooders are ratcheting it up and it will not be good for our nation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-18-2017, 06:05 PM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,320 posts, read 11,549,845 times
Reputation: 4318
1. THe South never fixed its race problem, it has always been there. It was never healed.
2. many of the statues you speak of have only been there since the 1970's They were put up in response to the Civil Rights moment

3. There are new Statues being commissioned today that will be up before the year is over.


I get that you dislike, maybe even hate the left., But you cant pretend like these statues are just of Southern Pride, they arent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2017, 06:07 PM
 
Location: Florida
21,673 posts, read 11,135,668 times
Reputation: 7895
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
1. THe South never fixed its race problem, it has always been there. It was never healed.
2. many of the statues you speak of have only been there since the 1970's They were put up in response to the Civil Rights moment

3. There are new Statues being commissioned today that will be up before the year is over.


I get that you dislike, maybe even hate the left., But you cant pretend like these statues are just of Southern Pride, they arent.
Are you saying all southerners are racists.. how about any racists in the north, east or west.. just the south. Right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2017, 06:07 PM
miu
 
Location: MA/NH
17,152 posts, read 34,658,063 times
Reputation: 16282
One of my managers is from New Orleans. According to her, so far the city has spent about $2 million in removing the city's Confederate statues. And her thoughts were that the money could have been better spent helping the impoverished blacks in their city.

So sad that an important part of US history is being erased and rewritten by liberals and blacks. And after all of that, will the poor members of the black community be healed and break their cycle of dysfunction? Will black baby daddies start marrying their black baby mommas to raise their children together?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2017, 06:17 PM
 
Location: Iowa, USA
6,553 posts, read 3,284,371 times
Reputation: 3801
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Are you saying all southerners are racists.. how about any racists in the north, east or west.. just the south. Right?
He didn't even imply that.

Can none of you guys make an honest argument?

You guys referring to people who are best described as "anti-left." You aren't right wing, as that would require some commitment to an ideology or principles. I've seen no evidence of that. You just hate the left. And that's all you are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2017, 06:21 PM
 
6,971 posts, read 2,604,372 times
Reputation: 2760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The healing process after the Civil War was to bring the country back together. Erecting monuments of both sides helped the healing process knowing both sides lost many lives and had to go on as one nation.

Now the liberal left is opening up wounds that have healed.

The liberals are now implying that the southern people and keeping their statues are a sign of racism and that their statues must come down. The left are calling the southern people traitors as if they are still the enemy. This is dangerous to hear this.

They are now dividing the country again to demand these statues are to be removed. It is as if they believe the south is racist yet the history of this country has long moved on.

The left is stirring up any hate they can through dividing us.. Those self righteous people who think they are fighting a cause are creating hate and division.. these so called do gooders are ratcheting it up and it will not be good for our nation.
Robert e lee disagreed with you, he noted that societies after a civil war that buried the past healed faster and better. He was specifically against memorials erected in his honor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2017, 06:22 PM
 
Location: Metro Detroit, Michigan
12,675 posts, read 14,024,208 times
Reputation: 13500
Liberals are the biggest racists I know. They use minorities as a means to push their pathetic agenda. They argue that some minorities are inferior, and require special privileges, advantages, etc. Liberals do not believe we are all created equal. That's why they are against an equal playing field for all. When you break it down, they argue for equal outcomes, instead of equal opportunity for all.

Liberals = hypocrites.

Liberal strategy = divide and conquer. Minorities are simply pawns in their eyes. They don't care who they destroy in their attempt to turn this country into a miserable socialist/communist 3rd world prison.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2017, 06:24 PM
 
24,066 posts, read 11,953,450 times
Reputation: 10236
Those that call people racist are racist themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2017, 06:25 PM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,320 posts, read 11,549,845 times
Reputation: 4318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Are you saying all southerners are racists.. how about any racists in the north, east or west.. just the south. Right?
Im not saying all Southerns are racist. Im not saying all conservatives are racist. Im not even saying everyone who supports leaving these statues up, or protests in support of them are racist.


I am saying that the South has a race problem that many dont want to acknowledge .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2017, 06:28 PM
 
Location: Florida
21,673 posts, read 11,135,668 times
Reputation: 7895
Many minorities fought on the confederate side.


Not all of the Confederate soldiers came from the S
outh, but from the North as well. Many were
of foreign-birth, or from minorities within the Con
federate States of America. Mexicans and
Mexican-Americans enlisted, as well as African-Amer
icans and even Native-Americans. Many
unusual nationalities, such as Egypt and Syria, wer
e represented on the Confederate enlistment
rolls, and all of these groups made the Southern mi
litary a more interesting and diverse fighting
force. The Confederate soldiers were indeed more va
ried than what is commonly portrayed
today

http://florida-scv.org/Camp1316/Mino...ate%20Army.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:59 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top