U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2017, 04:42 AM

6,510 posts, read 2,910,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Anne Frank wasn't slaughtered. She got sick and died in a camp hospital. Isn't that bad enough? Why do you have to exaggerate?
Wow. Another Nazi apologist to add to my ignore list.

Old 08-19-2017, 04:43 AM

4,209 posts, read 1,548,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blanker View Post
I'm not against the White Nationalists but I don't get that phrase, "Jews will not replace us". I think whites and Jews can coexist, and have. Or maybe it's a conspiracy thing, they mean that Jews might be orchestrating the browning of the US, even the World.
Jews are just as "white" as everybody else. I'm part Sephardic, yet am pale as a ghost.

Old 08-19-2017, 04:56 AM

10,612 posts, read 4,384,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpie View Post
"There is a difference between "mass immigration" and "expanded immigration". And my question is whether Jews are "disproportionately" a driving force.
Jews, at just 2% of the population, have been a hugely disproportionate force in nearly all aspects of American society. This is mostly a good thing of course. We all benefit from Jewish achievements in science and in many other areas. Jewish influence in politics and media though is a mixed bag. Not that I think they are up to no good. It's just that they have, on average, somewhat different interests from non-Jews. What is "good for the Jews" is not always good for others.
Quote:
I do not have a problem with eliminating national origin as a basis for immigration. Do you?
I don't have a problem with that specifically. But I do think the overall impact of the Hart-Celler Act has been very negative. America has imported an entirely new underclass of poor Hispanics since 1965 which now outnumbers poor blacks.

Old 08-19-2017, 06:04 AM

2,962 posts, read 1,536,491 times
Quote:
You win the internet for the day! It must have taken a great deal of resolve and intelligence to come to this realization.

I salute you!
Thank you for your support. I am who I am today because of these groups in this order, Mexican Indian descendants, Whites and finally Jewish Americans, whose influence has had the most impact because it was very instructive and effective. That is why the photo in the OP does not concern me.

Old 08-19-2017, 07:04 AM

6,968 posts, read 2,487,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Except that it's false. That's not what "slaughter" means.

I'm impressed that you can type with while holding a lit tiki torch.

Old 08-19-2017, 07:57 AM

36,522 posts, read 16,273,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
Point being, these guys are afraid of being replaced by Jews and other minorities. And frankly they deserve to be. This country will soon be more brown than white soon enough.
Why would anyone salivate about a race or demographic being replaced? Why would anyone brag about the replacement of skin color? Racist, much? Don't tell me that this is just about replacing the baddies within that group either because most white Americans are not that way. Liberals are such hypocrites!

Old 08-19-2017, 08:04 AM

10,612 posts, read 4,384,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Being careful about language is the mark of a racist? Who knew?

Old 08-19-2017, 08:04 AM

36,522 posts, read 16,273,941 times
Quote:
Entirely reasonable. But all groups have a vested interest in things that are mainly to their own benefit, yet Jews are often considered "sneaky" for doing what all people do. That is the crux of anti-semitic beliefs.

You are equating Hart-celler with other fundamental issues that exist simultaneously and trying to draw a cause/effect relationship. Our porous borders and need for unskilled labor is not the result of Hart-Celler. Nor should those circumstances justify racial profiling in terms of immigration.

There will indeed be winners and losers in globalization and intermarriage. As with all changes. But will the sum total be a net positive or net negative?

I do not know if your stats on "poor Hispanics" are accurate, but I will assume they are. Poor, uneducated people tend to take jobs no one else is willing to do. That is not entirely bad for an economy. I do know that legal immigrants are both younger and better educated than home grown Americans these days. And very entrepreneurial.

The debate should be why we are not courting well educated, young immigrants as an economic lifeblood when low population growth is sapping our economic growth? For our economy to grow we need employable humans.

And who exactly will be doing the menial labor should we effectively halt illegal immigration? There is plenty of evidence that Americans do not want these jobs and many go unfilled at present and did so even when the unemployment rate was much higher.

This entire issue is being handled in such a way as to prevent any effort to address our real problems.
Meanwhile the world looks on and those with much to offer must decide if the USA is going to remain the place to be.

Who do you think were doing those jobs for a fair wage before millions of cheap illegals flooded our border? It's nonsense that there are jobs that Americans won't do for a fair wage even unskilled ones. Legal immigrants are more educated than Americans? Where are you getting that nonsense? We don't need any more population growth from immigration at this time. We have a shortage of jobs and resources. If and when we need more immigrants we will increase our quotas and visas for them at that time. Illegal immigration is unacceptable. They cost us $113 billion a year and all they do is fatten the wallets of their greedy employers. I suggest you educate yourself on this issue.

Old 08-19-2017, 08:07 AM

13,824 posts, read 12,596,032 times
A photograph of all white people, none wearing a kippot.

Old 08-19-2017, 08:10 AM

10,817 posts, read 10,146,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
He put the torch down to type after he saw how much it messed up his screen name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or