Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2017, 11:09 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,947,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Ahhh...so it’s all about their appearance, huh?

Not like those extraordinary white Congressmen and Senators in their nice Brooks Brothers suits and $100 dollar coiffed haircuts that have done such a great job of getting this country out of debt, and keeping us out of dumb wars, huh?
You're assuming their goal was to keep us out of debt and dumb wars. I happen to think debt and dumb wars were their goal, which means they are effective at advancing their awful political agenda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2017, 12:35 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
What does this even mean?
Wow...hahaha. Are you a generational American? If so, do you know American history at all? Or are you just playing ignorant?

Old 10-07-2017, 12:36 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Quote:
I want someone to give me a Ferrari. People in hell want cold water.

Who are you that I have to explain anything to you? Keep wanting.
Hahaha...truth.

Old 10-07-2017, 05:27 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
In consideration of everything that's been going on in this country today a black caucus doesn't fit in anymore.

It even sound bad to have a label like that as we are all humans regardless of skin color.

Liberals want to allow neutral gender on a drivers license so a color would go against all of that.

Old 10-07-2017, 08:21 AM

3,051 posts, read 2,598,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Wow...hahaha. Are you a generational American? If so, do you know American history at all? Or are you just playing ignorant?
I just want people to explain things they say. It helps to not take things out of context. I didn't know asking that person what they meant by that was going to be such a hot topic. I thought for sure that people as passionate as you guys could give a better effort.

Oh well, I do love me some fake outrage.

Old 10-07-2017, 10:03 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
Why do people make such a fuss out of BET? Outside of the award ceremonies does anyone even watch that channel these days?! You have BLACK people who cannot stand that channel anymore than many white people can stand CMT. Also, where’s all the fuss about Telemundo, Univision, and Galavision which broadcast Spanish content? You even have channels where the content is in Urdu. What about those?

P.S. BET isn’t even black owned. It’s owned by VIACOM which is owned by white Jews. Viacom purchased BET in the early part of the 21st century.
Pretty sure white males are their largest viewing demographic

Old 10-07-2017, 11:41 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
So you still can't explain it? Interesting. Thanks for engaging me though, I thoroughly enjoyed watching you try..

I guess I'll just wait for the person whom I originally posed the question to, maybe they can shed some light on it.
I didn’t try. That’s the point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
You're assuming their goal was to keep us out of debt and dumb wars. I happen to think debt and dumb wars were their goal, which means they are effective at advancing their awful political agenda.
I see. So white politicians advancing a dumb agenda is great. But black politicians NOT being able to advance an equally stupid agenda is bad because they don’t look the part!

You’re a genius.
Quote:
I just want people to explain things they say. It helps to not take things out of context. I didn't know asking that person what they meant by that was going to be such a hot topic. I thought for sure that people as passionate as you guys could give a better effort.

Oh well, I do love me some fake outrage.
I’d rather you take it out of context than explain it to you.

How about that?

Old 10-07-2017, 11:45 AM

6,474 posts, read 4,074,569 times
Quote:
What does this even mean?
In the continent of Africa, black identity doesn't really exist. So if the African Americans knew their original cutures/ethnicities they wouldn't identify as black but as Yoruba, Igbo, Wolof, Ashanti etc.

Old 10-07-2017, 11:55 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
No idea. All I know is there's one member of caucus who thinks islands can tip over, one that wears pink cowboy hats like a cheap Nevada prostitute, and another who looks like she wears a snow tire on her head. Seems more like a comedy troupe to me. Also, as a group they don't seem all that effective at advancing their legislative agenda. Why there are white people concerned about them is beyond me.
Made me laugh! Totally agree. They are their own worst enemies.

Old 10-07-2017, 12:26 PM

3,051 posts, read 2,598,798 times
Quote:
I didn’t try. That’s the point.

I’d rather you take it out of context than explain it to you.

How about that?
That would be because you can't explain it. Nothing better than watching someone pussyfoot around explaining vague comments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies