Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are Antifa/BLM race baiting violent hate groups that must be condemned just like White Supremacists
Yes 50 74.63%
No 16 23.88%
No opinion 1 1.49%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2017, 08:09 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,555,493 times

Advertisements

Are Antifa/BLM race baiting violent hate groups that must be condemned just like White Supremacists and KKK?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2017, 08:16 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
They should be commended for fighting fascism, like the Eidelweiss Pirates and French Resistance, who were most likely thoroughly dissed by the SS.

Old 08-26-2017, 08:17 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 22 days ago)

27,631 posts, read 16,115,213 times
Speak out against them, get labeled a nazi. Yes, the marxists should be discouraged

Old 08-26-2017, 08:30 AM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times
In my opinion, BLM is not an extremist hate group. There are some extremists who have attached themselves to that movement, but hatred of other races is not a core principle of BLM.

Painting BLM as an “extremist hate group” is no more fair than calling Republicans “neo-Nazis” just because some idiots who really are neo-Nazis choose to self-identify with that party.

Antifa are basically anarchists who can be pretty violent.

I think both groups attract weirdos and extremists. So the violence must be condemned.

Maybe they both need to reconsider their platform in order to get their message out.

Chanting “Pigs in a blanket, fry 'em like bacon,” (SOME blm activists), or using flagpole with nail to attack police horse (ONE antifa member) won't help them.

Old 08-26-2017, 08:46 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
We practice politics to avoid violence. I am opposed to all the people that would use violence to settle arguments from drunk bar brawlers to organized KKK or Neo-Nazis or antifa. I also include fools that think they are helping the Liberals by using violence no matter what the call themselves.

Last edited by GregW; 08-26-2017 at 09:38 AM..

Old 08-26-2017, 08:51 AM

2,248 posts, read 2,346,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
In my opinion, BLM is not an extremist hate group. There are some extremists who have attached themselves to that movement, but hatred of other races is not a core principle of BLM.

Painting BLM as an “extremist hate group” is no more fair than calling Republicans “neo-Nazis” just because some idiots who really are neo-Nazis choose to self-identify with that party.

I think both groups attract weirdos and extremists. So the violence must be condemned.

Maybe they both need to reconsider their platform in order to get their message out.

Chanting “Pigs in a blanket, fry 'em like bacon,” (SOME blm activists), or using flagpole with nail to attack police horse (ONE antifa member) won't help them.
I don't know why this is so hard to understand. Great post!

You made a great post too @Uconndoit

Old 08-26-2017, 08:53 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,092,166 times
I can't vote in this since you're asking me to form one opinion about two fairly dissimilar groups.

BLM is a loosely organized activists movement that makes the claim that black people are less valued that other people in our society. BLM marches or rallies have gotten violent, but they aren't always terribly unreasonably and plenty of supporters of the movement do not condone that violence. As a whole, I feel some of the more prominent members of the group could do more to condemn the violence, but I don't think they're a hate group, even if I have some criticisms for their message overall.

Antifa is different. It stands against "fascism," the new popular buzzword these days. They identify fascism as being anything vaguely right wing. They hold the old Marxist view that you can justify violence if the end goal is just, which, despite sounding bad, most people probably agree with that in principles. I mean, we have a famous mountain with the heads of some men who believed that (ironically, Antifa isn't a fan of them either), the issue is of course that what is a just goal isn't going to be entirely universal. Antifa also express willingness to abandon all liberal values to achieve their goal, which most people in American society tend to frown upon.

Are they a hate group? Not in the sense that the term is conventionally understood. They should be condemned regardless.

Old 08-26-2017, 08:53 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,735,868 times
Quote:

You're being far too reasonable for this forum.

Old 08-26-2017, 08:58 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,555,493 times
Quote:

Great post about BLM, but how do the current white supremacists/KKK differ?

Old 08-26-2017, 09:22 AM

2,248 posts, read 2,346,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Great post about BLM, but how do the current white supremacists/KKK differ?
BLM was formed to fight injustices that African Americans face by the justice system, and to bring awareness to police brutality Anyone of any race, gender, or sexual orientation can be apart of BLM.

The KKK is known historically for promoting white supremacy through some of the most heinous violent tactics to Blacks. Bombing churches, lynching, throwing babies into crocodile infested waters... Those are just some of the things they have done.

Is it really a question as to how the two groups differ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies