U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2017, 02:24 PM
Status: "You are only coming through in waves." (set 2 days ago)

8,118 posts, read 3,180,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Why do we need an involuntary State to begin with?

Someone answers that and I'd be as giddy as a school girl.
If we all lived in a sparsely populated wilderness and armed ourselves to protect our spread out homesteads we might be able to live in the libertarian's paradise but in any society with any sort of town or city living in it, anarchy would result in despotism in a short period of time. We can elect our leaders or we can let the strongest guy on the block rule us by brute force. Sure the guy we elect may use brute force as well, but your anarchy will not deprive us of that forceful rule at all. Remember in your voluntary state not everyone will agree with each other and there will still be people seeking to impose their will on others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2017, 02:26 PM

29,553 posts, read 15,493,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Exactly. The reason is simple: a government is not a business. It is infinitely more complex than a business, if for no other reason than the fact that our government is tripartite, not a monarchy, as many businesses are. Thus, a businessman, successful or not, who has no experience in government, politics, or law is not qualified to be president. I won't even address Trump's personality characteristics that has made it difficult for him to succeed as POTUS.
Once again, politicians have put us in multiple wars, lied to us, rung up $20 trillion in debt, destroyed many schools, written tons of horrible rules, constantly given tax money to private business, performed medical experiments on its own citizens, etc etc.

You call that success?

Old 08-19-2017, 02:26 PM

19,872 posts, read 22,810,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Exactly. The reason is simple: a government is not a business. It is infinitely more complex than a business, if for no other reason than the fact that our government is tripartite, not a monarchy, as many businesses are. Thus, a businessman, successful or not, who has no experience in government, politics, or law is not qualified to be president. I won't even address Trump's personality characteristics that has made it difficult for him to succeed as POTUS.
Correct. There's also the fact that Trump's business experience was as the autocrat of a wholly-owned business rather than as a CEO or a corporation with shareholders. He was used to doing whatever the heck he wanted. That's a LOT different than sharing power with Congress and the Supreme Court. Trump thought he was being elected as KING rather than as PRESIDENT.

Ken

Old 08-19-2017, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
So, you feel we should keep spending trillions on weapons to stay the most powerful?

I'm just not as sure as you about how bombing other countries benefit you and I.
I never said that. Trump however wants to spend LOTS more money on the military. Seems to me your beef should be with HIM. Why are you supporting someone like that?

Ken

Old 08-19-2017, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
I never said that. Trump however wants to spend LOTS more money on the military. Seems to me your beef should be with HIM. Why are you supporting someone like that?

Ken
How much money has been spend on weaponizing our country by POLITICIANS. Over the pat 100 years?

Do you actually believe it was Trump who stated this? Lol

Old 08-19-2017, 02:32 PM

4,099 posts, read 6,427,583 times
I believe Trump was elected out of frustration of the working class. There was no doubt that with HRC it would have been business as usual. Trump was a final effort to give America back to the people. Trump sounded good, he promised to get back what the elitists have stolen over the years. He was the hope of the majority and was elected. The result; he turned out to be just like the other elitist.
America is a divided country. The elitist would have us believe that division is because of race and religion. They own the media and we are saturated with false propaganda to support their agenda. The real division is class, the rich vs poor and the wealthy against the working class. Their goal is to keep the people divided and as long as they keep the pot stirred they can continue to steal from the people.
I believe we are seeing civil unrest because of the frustration of all working class people. Sooner or later they will wake up to the fact they have been duped. When they do and join forces the elitists who are destroying our country with their greed will be brought to justice.

Old 08-19-2017, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Once again, politicians have put us in multiple wars, lied to us, rung up $20 trillion in debt, destroyed many schools, written tons of horrible rules, constantly given tax money to private business, performed medical experiments on its own citizens, etc etc.

You call that success?
I call that human nature (sadly). You think it's somehow going to be different with TRUMP in charge?
Really?
REALLY?

Good luck with that.
Trump can't even manage the WHITE HOUSE - let alone an entire country. The Trump Administration is falling apart in record time. What an incompetent bozo!

Ken

Old 08-19-2017, 02:34 PM

5,372 posts, read 5,666,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
The majority of Republicans chose a businessman out of a possible 17 candidates for the Republican party nominee.
Someone needs to pick up and read a book on Social Studies or a lesson in Civics.

Old 08-19-2017, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
I call that human nature (sadly). You think it's somehow going to be different with TRUMP in charge?
Really?
REALLY?

Good luck with that.
Trump can't even manage the WHITE HOUSE - let alone an entire country. The Trump Administration is falling apart in record time. What an incompetent bozo!

Ken
Do I think it will be different under Trump? No, that's why I didn't vote for him.

That doesn't change the fact that career politicians have been screwing up this country for decades.

Did you believe Hillary was going to change her spots?

Old 08-19-2017, 02:38 PM

Quote:
How much money has been spend on weaponizing our country by POLITICIANS. Over the pat 100 years?

Do you actually believe it was Trump who stated this? Lol
Do I think Trump "started" it - of course not - don't ask a stupid question.
But Trump isn't going to CHANGE IT either. It's HUMAN NATURE for those kinds of things to happen - that's WHY it happens over and over. What part of that do you not understand?
There will NEVER be a utopia, but on balance the US is the most powerful, most successful country in history - producing a general standard of living and level of freedom higher than that of ANY major country EVER - so yeah, I think things are pretty good here, certainly better than anything the Alt-Right would usher in (those folks are totalitarians - say goodbye to you freedoms if they ever come to power).

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies