Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2017, 04:41 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,800,352 times

Advertisements

Too many believe that Charlottesville exposed Trump as Alt-right.

I believe that is incorrect.

Instead, it helped show Trump was the puppet of Robert Mercer and his empire.

If you still don't know who Robert Mercer is please read:

The Reclusive Hedge-Fund Tycoon Behind the Trump Presidency | The New Yorker

Most of Trump's talking points in the election were right from the playbook of Robert Mercer.

Who sponsored the book Clinton Cash?
Who sponsored Breitbart?
Who came up with war on MSM?
Who coined fake media?
Who sponsored Bannon and Conway?
Who is behind the Alt-right movement?
Who sponsored the data mining and targeted ads?

Old 08-20-2017, 04:47 PM

Notice I used the word "was" the puppet of Mercer.

Trump has never been the puppet of Putin, and that lie is really just to obscure the real puppet master.

Some of us have recognized this long ago. When will you?

By tossing out Bannon, Trump has demonstrated that the cost of allowing Mercer to pull the strings is too high.

Trump has also demonstrated something rather remarkable. He has demonstrated he is breaking from Mercer.

Mercer meanwhile is now afraid to set foot on his magnificent yacht.

Hey Mercer! Do you finally realize steel sinks? It is amazing how fast a yacht that size can strangely slip below the water.

Old 08-20-2017, 05:01 PM

1,323 posts, read 588,616 times
Funny you should post this now. I came across this interview about him on NPR a few days ago.

Inside The Wealthy Family That Has Been Funding Steve Bannon's Plan For Years : NPR

Everyone is so blind and I don't mean that as pejorative, either. The populace gets swept away in these meaningless pawn games that keeps our eye off the real ball. This guy is a f'ing demon. Just read his thoughts about people who don't accumulate wealth and his daughter is just as wicked.

It makes me nauseous that this small group of people can wield so much power, especially over a man who has no moral bearings.

I originally blamed the media for not covering this guy more, but NPR has been all over it for more than a year. As well as the New York and the Atlantic. We're just not paying attention.

https://www.google.com/search?client...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Old 08-20-2017, 05:13 PM

So what should we expect next?

When Bannon says Trump's Presidency is "OVER", we should take this to mean Mercer's not so behind the scenes support of Trump is "OVER".

Still don't believe Robert Mercer was your President?

Educate yourself:
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...y-want/514529/

Conway and Gorka will be next out the door.

DeVos I think will last till next year or more because of her money.

Old 08-20-2017, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajo13 View Post
Funny you should post this now. I came across this interview about him on NPR a few days ago.

Inside The Wealthy Family That Has Been Funding Steve Bannon's Plan For Years : NPR

Everyone is so blind and I don't mean that as pejorative, either. The populace gets swept away in these meaningless pawn games that keeps our eye off the real ball. This guy is a f'ing demon. Just read his thoughts about people who don't accumulate wealth and his daughter is just as wicked.

It makes me nauseous that this small group of people can wield so much power, especially over a man who has no moral bearings.

I originally blamed the media for not covering this guy more, but NPR has been all over it for more than a year. As well as the New York and the Atlantic. We're just not paying attention.

https://www.google.com/search?client...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
Most of America doesn't read the New Yorker, The Atlantic, nor listen to NPR. They don't follow the Supreme Court rulings and don't know that both DeVos and Mercer were the reason that Super PACs became legal.

Does everyone know both DeVos and Mercer gave millions to change election law so they could spend unlimited amounts of money to support their causes?

Old 08-20-2017, 05:25 PM

2,576 posts, read 1,749,621 times
I really feel this song describes how crazy the whole world has become in modern times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iywa...NdlFUtEOSoQcgQ

Old 08-20-2017, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
So what should we expect next?

When Bannon says Trump's Presidency is "OVER", we should take this to mean Mercer's not so behind the scenes support of Trump is "OVER".

Still don't believe Robert Mercer was your President?

Educate yourself:
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...y-want/514529/

Conway and Gorka will be next out the door.

DeVos I think will last till next year or more because of her money.
Mercer and Bannon met last week to discuss next steps, so expect mobilization of the Breitbart reader.

Old 08-20-2017, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post

Does everyone know both DeVos and Mercer gave millions to change election law so they could spend unlimited amounts of money to support their causes?
Even if they did, I don't think they'd understand the implications.

Old 08-20-2017, 06:21 PM

57,285 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kajo13 View Post
Even if they did, I don't think they'd understand the implications.
Trump ran on a campaign of avoiding big money an packs but the Mercer family had a lot to do with his backing. Amazing how little publicity he has received compared to the Koch brothers and Soros, that will change.

Old 08-20-2017, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Trump ran on a campaign of avoiding big money an packs but the Mercer family had a lot to do with his backing. Amazing how little publicity he has received compared to the Koch brothers and Soros, that will change.
I agree.

One big change may be coming at Breitbart.

Have a peak at this article:.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017...es-his-revenge

Notice that Bannon is preparing to war against everyone in the Trump administration and Trump's family itself.

You don't see Bannon pledging to use Breitbart to continue to support Trump.

It is all about the "Movement".

Well Mr. Robert Mercer, Trump supporters are going to wonder why. Is this why you double your security detail?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies