U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-19-2017, 07:52 PM
 
4,666 posts, read 2,622,623 times
Reputation: 3342

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Of course I do, especially as a minority myself!

The difference is the GOP is staying away from the KKK, while the Democrats are embracing Antifi.
I agree with you. I consider myself a moderate independent and while there are a lot of alt right people out there, the GOP does distance themselves from them. While the Democrats seem to accept the alt left. I'm not at all a Trump supporter, but there are a lot of reasonable Republicans out there. I could only name 2-3 reasonable Democrats.

I'm not a Republican for a whole variety of other reasons, mostly how they nearly destroyed my states (Kansas) government.

I feel it's more likely to get the Republicans to come to the center then the Democrats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-19-2017, 07:57 PM
 
15,318 posts, read 17,529,852 times
Reputation: 13409
KKK supporters on this thread are still upset over last week's clash with counter-protesters that aren't afraid of the KKK. The KKK is used to being the biggest bully in town and scaring everyone. Now the protesters are standing up against the hate and bigotry of the KKK and some people on this thread aren't happy that the KKK has someone standing up to them. Sad!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2017, 07:58 PM
 
6,432 posts, read 3,053,101 times
Reputation: 5828
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
KKK supporters on this thread are still upset over last week's clash with counter-protesters that aren't afraid of the KKK. The KKK is used to being the biggest bully in town and scaring everyone. Now the protesters are standing up against the hate and bigotry of the KKK and some people on this thread aren't happy that the KKK has someone standing up to them. Sad!
Don't be ridiculous.

I haven't seen anyone here supporting the KKK.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2017, 08:01 PM
 
4,568 posts, read 1,201,063 times
Reputation: 2103
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
KKK supporters on this thread are still upset over last week's clash with counter-protesters that aren't afraid of the KKK. The KKK is used to being the biggest bully in town and scaring everyone. Now the protesters are standing up against the hate and bigotry of the KKK and some people on this thread aren't happy that the KKK has someone standing up to them. Sad!
Obviously you have not lived where the KKK have rallies in the present day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2017, 08:03 PM
 
4,666 posts, read 2,622,623 times
Reputation: 3342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Don't be ridiculous.

I haven't seen anyone here supporting the KKK.
I don't think there are that many, but they are loud and annoying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2017, 08:12 PM
 
39,180 posts, read 20,280,280 times
Reputation: 12711
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
KKK supporters on this thread are still upset over last week's clash with counter-protesters that aren't afraid of the KKK. The KKK is used to being the biggest bully in town and scaring everyone. Now the protesters are standing up against the hate and bigotry of the KKK and some people on this thread aren't happy that the KKK has someone standing up to them. Sad!
You've obviously guzzled the Kool-aid?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2017, 08:16 PM
 
Location: US
17,885 posts, read 17,748,099 times
Reputation: 13889
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
I agree with you. I consider myself a moderate independent and while there are a lot of alt right people out there, the GOP does distance themselves from them. While the Democrats seem to accept the alt left. I'm not at all a Trump supporter, but there are a lot of reasonable Republicans out there. I could only name 2-3 reasonable Democrats.

I'm not a Republican for a whole variety of other reasons, mostly how they nearly destroyed my states (Kansas) government.

I feel it's more likely to get the Republicans to come to the center then the Democrats.

I voted for Obama both elections. I also consider myself a moderate, not loyal to either party. Although, if Republicans got rid of the religious part of their party, I'd probably consider myself a Republican someone like Kasich or Romney. I voted for Trump along with mostly other Republican candidates one of the reasons being the direction the left is moving, quite extreme, rigging their primary election, playing dumb (what do you mean, with a rag?) and just seems very extreme, manipulative and dishonest. They are definitely moving to the far left these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2017, 08:17 PM
 
39,180 posts, read 20,280,280 times
Reputation: 12711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
I don't think there are that many, but they are loud and annoying.

"It's not the truth that matters, it's what's perceived to be the truth that matters" and the media's job is to convince their viewers what they want their viewers to perceive to be the truth.... that a very small group with no power that's been silent is now this huge group, anyone who is not a leftist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2017, 08:17 PM
 
Location: NW Nevada
14,179 posts, read 11,593,279 times
Reputation: 13231
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
That's a rookie move though. If I'm trying to deal with an opposing group I do it via stealth. Strike and fade away.
Know about l that do you? Ahh yes, a real pro. Can spot them a mile off. You know violence and killing. Ice water for blood. Seen the face of death and embraced him as an old friend. You know pain, suffering, loss and you have no tears left. Living by chance, loving by choice, killing by necessity.

I really have no tears left ninja boy. Notice I didn't use ninja as a proper noun. That's because I know it's not. Suffering and loss are my life. But there's no enemy to fight and take vengeance on. And I'm sick to death of hurt and hate. You make me laugh. A mirth less laugh. Raw contempt.

When you've looked death in the face, end of the trail for someone, seen that light go out, you won't be so cavalier about it. Especially if that light goes out in someone you love beyond measure. Knowing that someone else took that light from them, and so from you. The thoughts that go through your mind, that are a mere lack of give a care from becoming action. And knowing, beyond any doubt, you are capable and willing to perform those actions. The point you scare yourself.

You've never been there. I'm calling total BS if you say you have. You don't know what real hate is. Neither do these Hitler humping punks or their ANTIFA counterparts. They're all just wannabes in a knowledge they don't really want to know. Nobody with a rational mind actually wants to know. It hurts so bad, you can't imagine (you really cant) and it's easy to let it consume you. To where you don't care. What happens to you or anyone else.

You've been watching to many movies. You've never had feelings of killing rage yourself. Not really. Only through some vicarious media. Go home. Think about who and what you love. Real hard. Hopefully you won't have to learn the hard way....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2017, 08:21 PM
 
39,180 posts, read 20,280,280 times
Reputation: 12711
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post

I voted for Obama both elections. I also consider myself a moderate, not loyal to either party. Although, if Republicans got rid of the religious part of their party, I'd probably consider myself a Republican someone like Kasich or Romney. I voted for Trump along with mostly other Republican candidates one of the reasons being the direction the left is moving, quite extreme, rigging their primary election, playing dumb (what do you mean, with a rag?) and just seems very extreme, manipulative and dishonest. They are definitely moving to the far left these days.
bmw, I remember you supporting Obama. I'm from PA, most people I know were life long Democrats who voted for Obama but they voted for Trump, one reason being the very reason you stated, the left is too far left, worse, after the election they moved further left. They're very disgusted with all this violence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top