Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2017, 08:42 AM

1,816 posts, read 1,150,475 times

Advertisements

After Tump revealed both his ignorance and racism this past week the American corporate leadership, generals in his own administration, scores of republican senators and congressman, and thought leaders across America all came out against his remarks and thinking on white supremacists and Nazis.

I find it both shocking and troubling that the one group that has stayed silent are the evangelical leaders of our country. What are they waiting for?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2017, 08:46 AM

3,909 posts, read 2,122,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
After Tump revealed both his ignorance and racism this past week the American corporate leadership, generals in his own administration, scores of republican senators and congressman, and thought leaders across America all came out against his remarks and thinking on white supremacists and Nazis.

I find it both shocking and troubling that the one group that has stayed silent are the evangelical leaders of our country. What are they waiting for?
Not to get religious here. I am a Christian, and been to many churches that believe in Manifest Destiny. It was hard to find a good one, but I was fortunate enough to find a rational one

Old 08-20-2017, 08:47 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:

They were the most vocal supporters of the war in Iraq, and never spoke out against the torture that was U.S. policy under Bush. They were solidly behind Trump and voted overwhelmingly for him. They are as silent as this Vice President about Trump.

The fact is, they are as fraudulent a group of "leaders" as you'll find. They preach the teachings of Jesus while following the actions of Judas.

Old 08-20-2017, 08:48 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,302,170 times
You have some churches that actually twist passages of the Bible to agree with the stances these guys have taken, so I'm not expecting much.

Old 08-20-2017, 08:48 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
Quote:

They love trump.

Old 08-20-2017, 08:50 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
As a Christian, although not a right-wing one, I find this silence embarrassing.

There are some of us on the left, but we don't get much press.

Old 08-20-2017, 08:52 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,805,229 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brtTfmIqu5c

Joy Reid interviewed one former and one current member of trump's evangelical council. It's the first 14 minutes or so - it basically came down to abortion and gay marriage - getting the "right" people on SCOTUS.

Old 08-20-2017, 08:53 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
They love trump.
Why though? He's the antithesis of everything that evangelical Christians would appear to stand for. Or are they hypocrites?

Old 08-20-2017, 08:55 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post

Why though? He's the antithesis of everything that evangelical Christians would appear to stand for. Or are they hypocrites?

So was GWB but they loved him too I don't get it myself.

Old 08-20-2017, 08:55 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:

They're waiting for the rapture. And won't they be surprised when they are the ones left behind. And their silence--or outright support--of so many atrocities over the years that fly in the face of what they pretend to believe in will be number one on God's list of reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies