Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2017, 09:00 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,101,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
The Left is not going to like the fact that these guys come from poor background. They are supposed to be rich and powerful, not shunned from economic opportunity like minorities are.
The sad part is poor and working class people of all races and political affiliations are the ones at odds with each other while the rich in power laugh and don't give a **** about any of you.

Which is why this strong political affiliation and blind loyalty people have to the left or right makes no godamn sense at all..

Nowadays people get more angry when you say something negative about a politician on their "team" then a family member when these people wouldn't **** on you if you were on fire..

Like these hicks in the rural states that voted for trump and realized their healthcare is being taken away or their drug problems in their town aren't getting any better..

These idiots really thought a billionaire was really out to help the working class? Lol

None of these politicians give a **** about you stop idolizing them

Last edited by JBT1980; 08-21-2017 at 09:11 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2017, 09:05 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Way to empathize. Something tells me if the races were reversed most would feel bad for these kids, or at least understand why they are acting out the way they do.
Wanted to note on this that none of these men are "kids" IMO except the one who was 21. I could consider him a kid for a couple more years.

But the ones in their late 20s and early 30s, they know better. They are just looking to be a part of something that blames other people for their lack of drive.

I do pity them. I pity all racists because IMO they are ignorant and naive and easily are able to accept propaganda as truth. So they do deserve our pity. But they are not kids and I do see them as dangerous as they know what to say/do to get other naive, ignorant youth to join their fold.

The only thing I fear in life is stupid/ignorant people in large groups. They seek to cause chaos and often just want to fight and cause death destruction to make themselves feel better. Even in this article they admitted they wanted to "fight for something."

Old 08-21-2017, 09:06 AM

19,636 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
Isn't this precisely the issue here though, instead waiting for his perceived superiority to kick in - why doesn't this guy go make something for himself. No doubt that right-wing economic policies have created massive inequality, but most groups have it worse in the US than white men.
He couldn't even get a job a Walmart. Wondering why it is on him to "make something of himself" when apparently black people can just go to Walmart. Maybe Walmart is rejecting him because they believe he is too darn special and it's crazy he isn't working on Wall Street or something.

Old 08-21-2017, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
The sad part is poor and working class people of all races and political affiliations are the ones at odds with each other while the rich in power laugh and don't give a **** about any of you.

Which is why this strong political affiliation and blind loyalty people have to the left or right makes no godamn sense at all..

Nowadays people get more angry when you say something negative about a politician on their "team" when these people wouldn't **** on you if you were on fire..

Like these hicks in the rural states that voted for trump and realized their healthcare is being taken away or their drug problems in their town aren't getting any better..

These idiots really thought a billionaire was really out to help the working class? Lol

None of these politicians give a **** about you stop idolizing them
ITA with the bold.

It is the reason why I don't ascribe to any political party. They only seek to divide us as citizens.

In my historical reasearch on this topic, I always speak of Bacon's Rebellion, which was when the lower class of colonist (including white and black indentured servants and their mixed race progeny) rose up and fought the wealthy classes. Many are unaware of the fact that there were no misogyny or race/color based laws until this occurred. Many theorize that it was a concerted effort by the wealthy classes to make whiteness a step above blacks and mixed and native groups. This caused a decrease in strength of the working class and lower classes and has continued to this day.

On the blue ITA as well.

Old 08-21-2017, 09:12 AM

4,540 posts, read 2,784,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
He couldn't even get a job a Walmart. Wondering why it is on him to "make something of himself" when apparently black people can just go to Walmart. Maybe Walmart is rejecting him because they believe he is too darn special and it's crazy he isn't working on Wall Street or something.
I'm not sure I understand. The government needs to spend for on workforce readiness and training (which is too bad that Trump cut funds to these programs), but I have zero sympathy for racists.

Old 08-21-2017, 09:19 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Sounds like the same way young Muslims in Europe become radicalized.

Old 08-21-2017, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
I'm not sure I understand. The government needs to spend for on workforce readiness and training (which is too bad that Trump cut funds to these programs), but I have zero sympathy for racists.
That young man was only 21. I do have some pity for him. I wonder what his home life was like. This is due to the fact that a large amount of poor white teens in my city have parents who are addicted to drugs and they are going through some difficult situations.

Young people are much more willing to join these sorts of rogue organizations that can give them someone to blame and that will help them. I agree that there needs to be more training in workforce readiness and training for careers and I especially feel that we need better high school counseling services in these areas where there are a lot of rural an urban poor of all ethnicities. I mentor young people and even though I'm black I have mentored young white teens because they needed some help. There are programs out here to help those who want to go to college especially since many are first generation students in my area to go to college. But they have very crappy parents or parents on drugs who don't help them or support them in any way. Many of the teens I know both black and white already have jobs because they need to buy themselves groceries. We have the highest percentage of homeless teens in Ohio in my area, a substantial amount of those teens are white and I thought of them when I read about this young man who is 21.

He needs someone to help him get a job and put him on a good path. His story for me reflected his parents failures but as a young person, he still has some hope to get out of this hateful lifestyle and I hope the best for him and wish I knew him because if its as easy as a Walmart job, I have a sister in law who is a manager at Walmart and I'd ask her to give him a job and I'd get him into a job training program for a better career as he gets older. So I feel bad for him and am empathetic to him and the person with Aspergers as I think the leaders of these organizations are just taking advantage of vulnerable people.

The way to fight these hate groups IMO is with compassion and education. They need our compassion, especially the young people.

Old 08-21-2017, 09:31 AM

1,085 posts, read 2,233,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post

The way to fight these hate groups IMO is with compassion and education. They need our compassion, especially the young people.
I have to completely disagree with you here. You can't hug the hate away. Dylan Roof is just one of many examples of that. And there are plenty of racists with education, money and power.

Old 08-21-2017, 09:49 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
"I'm poor so let me blame Black people for my lot in life"

These guys never heard of BOOT STRAPS?

Old 08-21-2017, 09:50 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,101,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
"I'm poor so let me blame Black people for my lot in life"

These guys never heard of BOOT STRAPS?
Ironically these are the real snowflakes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies