Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2017, 05:45 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,482,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
The problem is that the term is being applied extensively by the far left. Just as they have long labeled most whites racist, they are now labeling most whites white supremacists. All it takes to be labeled as such is to voice an opinion that differs in the slightest.
Actually there is rather problem.

Steve Brannon unabashedly said that beriberi news was the platform of the alt-right. Trump then brings Brannon into his inner circle.

It is too late for Brannon to now take that back years later by calling them clowns.

This is what the Republican Party voted for. Facts. Not fake news,

Old 08-20-2017, 05:47 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,484,426 times
Quote:
The problem is that the term is being applied extensively by the far left. Just as they have long labeled most whites racist, they are now labeling most whites white supremacists. All it takes to be labeled as such is to voice an opinion that differs in the slightest.
Personally I have not seen that, and predict the majority of reasonable people (left or right) don't do that. But ya know, crazy people say crazy things. They don't speak for all of us luckily.

Old 08-20-2017, 05:51 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,379,531 times
Uh, no. White supremacists label themselves that.

Old 08-20-2017, 05:54 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,764,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BicoastalAnn View Post
Personally I have not seen that, and predict the majority of reasonable people (left or right) don't do that. But ya know, crazy people say crazy things. They don't speak for all of us luckily.
I'd agree that the majority of liberals don't do that but the far left has taken over the Democratic Party and are facing little to no opposition from the rank and file Democrats. The public voice of the liberals has become somewhat hysterical in their rantings against anyone and everyone who thinks differently than them. They are not winning hearts and minds, but rather the opposite. It is a big reason why the Dems have lost so many Governorships, State Houses, the US Senate and House, and the White House.

Old 08-20-2017, 06:02 PM

38,637 posts, read 26,325,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Yes, why is it no matter the facts or data to the contrary, there is only white supremacy recognized? And if whites are the bad guys, why put others in proximity to them? No one wants to emigrate to live among bad people.

Because they aren't immigrants.

They're colonists.

Old 08-20-2017, 06:04 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,482,904 times
Quote:
I'd agree that the majority of liberals don't do that but the far left has taken over the Democratic Party and are facing little to no opposition from the rank and file Democrats. The public voice of the liberals has become somewhat hysterical in their rantings against anyone and everyone who thinks differently than them. They are not winning hearts and minds, but rather the opposite. It is a big reason why the Dems have lost so many Governorships, State Houses, the US Senate and House, and the White House.
Brannon was in the wh for seven months. How would you characterize the takeover of the Republican Party?

Old 08-20-2017, 06:07 PM

Quote:
To be fair though, there's just as many on the right who paint all liberals as Antifa-loving rioters. These are indeed divided times.

Old 08-20-2017, 06:12 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,873,610 times
Quote:
To be fair though, there's just as many on the right who paint all liberals as Antifa-loving rioters. These are indeed divided times.
Agreed.

I DON'T trust any kind of "alt"; left OR right.

Old 08-20-2017, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Agreed.

I DON'T trust any kind of "alt"; left OR right.
Truth. And I'll be the first "leftist" out there who will shout from the rooftops that Antifa, anarchists, neo-communists, and all those peeps are a disgrace. Way too many of them in my area.. and they terrorize anyone who just wants to have a productive life, no mater who you happen to vote for.

Old 08-20-2017, 07:11 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,850,833 times
Quote:
Ok you must know your questions are oversimplifications and not the defining characteristics of white supremacy. Some people who believe those things are white supremacists, and some aren't. Here's a better "white supremacy checklist" for you:

Should non-white people have the same opportunities as white people? Maybe WS if "no," but not conclusive
Do non-white people deserve to co-exist with white people? Probably WS if "no," but not conclusive
Should white people kill or intimidate non-white people to keep them in their place and out of their neighborhoods? Highly likely WS if "yes"
Are KKK, Nazis, neo-Nazis and other organized groups your personal heroes? Conclusively "yes"

White supremacy is not a label on all white people. It is a label on white people who believe non-white people are inferior and belong to organized groups who want to solve the "problem" of non-white people in their community by violent means or sabotage. If this is not you, I don't know why you are getting so defensive about that term.
Don't just answer my questions I proposed with questions, hypotheticals and red herrings. That is subterfuge. And you know very well advocating for reduction in demographic changing immigration is generally labeled "white supremacy".

So is no one going to answer the questions posed or should I assume advocating for an immigration policy (similar to it was before 1965 onwards) that will maintain or conserve America's historical demographics is a perfectly valid political stance and not "white supremacy"? If historically white majority nations constitute supremacy, than most all nations in the world constitute supremacy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.