U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-20-2017, 02:53 PM
 
9,578 posts, read 8,880,566 times
Reputation: 5808

Advertisements

That in a nutshell is the flux of the racial problems in America. When that second number comes down(and I think it will with time) so will the tension it creates among the general population.

 
Old 08-20-2017, 02:57 PM
 
Location: Sector 001
7,242 posts, read 6,460,994 times
Reputation: 8290
Good one, you racist.
 
Old 08-20-2017, 02:59 PM
 
9,578 posts, read 8,880,566 times
Reputation: 5808
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
Good one, you racist.
Oh..I didn't realize facts are now construed as racism...good to know.
 
Old 08-20-2017, 03:01 PM
 
15,530 posts, read 13,513,460 times
Reputation: 21219
Every thing is racism if you do not support a specific view point, that way when all other arguments fail, I can just call you a racist if you do not support my policies. Well, this at least the Democrats approach for 2018.
 
Old 08-20-2017, 03:04 PM
 
Location: In the reddest part of the bluest state
3,251 posts, read 1,237,520 times
Reputation: 2756
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
That in a nutshell is the flux of the racial problems in America. When that second number comes down(and I think it will with time) so will the tension it creates among the general population.
Why, if true, do you think the data lays out that way?
 
Old 08-20-2017, 03:09 PM
 
Location: Metro Detroit, Michigan
12,674 posts, read 14,005,324 times
Reputation: 13499
I do think America could do much more to empower the good people in challenged communities. What we do today is encourage them to go to college and become debt slaves. Not good enough. Our country used to invest in apprenticeships, vocational schools, and our K-12 system used to be worth something. Now K-12 is a pointless day care center, and we expect colleges to do in 4 years what K-12 should have been doing all along. It's no wonder that so many are struggling today, the rich are getting richer, and the rest of America is disregarded and weakened. Our system is failing so many like never before.

Irregardless, criminals get no sympathy from me. It's a shame so much in the way of scarce resources are wasted on the dredges of society. We pay a fortune to warehouse career criminals in prison. That money would be far better spent on things like education, infrastructure, healthcare, etc. These people are parasites in the purest form. They are lucky to get 3 hots and a cot, and they know they are scamming and holding this country down.

What's even more shameful is when some people attempt to make criminals out to be victims. There is no excuse for criminal behavior, and defending it is inexcusable and dangerous. Highlight and encourage shining examples of good, instead of defending criminals and their villainous behavior.
 
Old 08-20-2017, 03:18 PM
 
9,578 posts, read 8,880,566 times
Reputation: 5808
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post

Irregardless, criminals get no sympathy from me. It's a shame so much in the way of scarce resources are wasted on the dredges of society. We pay a fortune to warehouse career criminals in prison. That money would be far better spent on things like education, infrastructure, healthcare, etc. These people are parasites in the purest form. They are lucky to get 3 hots and a cot, and they know they are scamming and holding this country down.

What's even more shameful is when some people attempt to make criminals out to be victims. There is no excuse for criminal behavior, and defending it is inexcusable and dangerous. Highlight and encourage shining examples of good, instead of defending criminals and their villainous behavior.
Shame part is the bottom 10 percent commit over 90 percent of the violent crime in this country. If there was a way to purge that bottom 10 percent, our crime would go down remarkably. Yes, there would be a new bottom 10 percent of course but they would be nowhere near the burden on society.
 
Old 08-20-2017, 03:22 PM
 
1,811 posts, read 862,136 times
Reputation: 1844
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
That in a nutshell is the flux of the racial problems in America. When that second number comes down(and I think it will with time) so will the tension it creates among the general population.
Overly simplistic to the extreme and very intellectually lazy, but not surprised. But two can play the same game.

Non minorities 55% of population and 100% of the opioid problem - see what I mean.
 
Old 08-20-2017, 03:22 PM
 
Location: Here and now.
11,917 posts, read 3,629,369 times
Reputation: 12867
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Shame part is the bottom 10 percent commit over 90 percent of the violent crime in this country. If there was a way to purge that bottom 10 percent, our crime would go down remarkably. Yes, there would be a new bottom 10 percent of course but they would be nowhere near the burden on society.
How, exactly, do you propose to accomplish this?
 
Old 08-20-2017, 03:22 PM
Status: "I hate living in Georgia!!" (set 8 days ago)
 
47,988 posts, read 45,443,916 times
Reputation: 15310
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
That in a nutshell is the flux of the racial problems in America. When that second number comes down(and I think it will with time) so will the tension it creates among the general population.
Racial tensions have been existing no matter what the crime rate was. Blacks being looked down on goes back to the slavery era. The crime rate you mention is only used as another excuse to say "Blacks are a pest, we hate them all". Same mentality, new reasons for having it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top