Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2017, 06:36 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,802,296 times

Advertisements

Falwell ' s comments about trump having information that we don't were a ridiculous spin.

I know a woman who sent both her daughters to Liberty. Lovely people. They're African-American; no idea if they support trump.

Old 08-21-2017, 06:38 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,434,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Ok, let's talk about the points you bring up:

1) There is no mass call for anything resembling assassination, one or two nut jobs said that. Yes, we have nut jobs on our side, just as you do on yours. NO ONE I know wants any harm to come to Trump, NO ONE. This is not some 3rd world country we have here, we are above that. I simply want Trump to return to NYC and his family, safe and sound, so we can get back to normal here in America and move forward.

2) As for the " tiny group of Nazis/White Supremacists" , just one of them is one too many. Besides, they are growing in numbers and coming out from the shadows. They used to secretly hide on their little alt Right websites and in their little meetings, but now they are emboldened to come out and march and stir up hatred and trouble. This Cancer needs to be checked out now and slowed down before it becomes the norm on our streets.

3) Yep, some on the left are going way too far in their protesting, no question. But you and I were not there to see what may have transpired to provoke those kinds of reactions. If a Nazi/WS groups showed up on my block with torches, helmets, and weapons, I would probably be out there doing something too............and I bet you would if they invaded your home turf. That is not free speech, it is agitating and trying to start problems.
I never said there was a MASS call for assassinations.........typical leftist emotional hyberbole. But, to use your language one from an elected official is one too many. In any case, there is a mass effort that has been underway since the election to delegitimize and remove Trump from office. What's gone on the past week is more of the same.

I don't agree there is some growing problem with Nazis. In fact, I find that absurd. They have marched and rallied for decades. I'm sure you know they do that with the full force of the Supreme Court behind them. So no, if they come to my town I will not be marching against them. Letting them make fools of themselves and ignoring them has worked for decades; nothing has changed other than the media/Libs drumming up hysteria.

Of course, I live in a Republican controlled town. They wouldn't be allowed to create mayhem here and police would not stand down while two groups of protestors who should have been separated go at each other. Charlottesville has a lot to answer for in that regard.

As despicable as their idealogy may be, they have a right to meet, rally, march, speak. Others do not have the right to assault them no matter how "provoked" they are by words or torches.

You and I were not there, but spokeswoman for the Charlotte police said both sides engaged in violence. She did not make any distinction that Antifa/leftist violence was justified.

Old 08-21-2017, 06:43 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,274,358 times
"I'm sending my diploma back because the president of the United States is defending Nazis and white supremacists," Chris Gaumer said.

If that's what he thinks, then he doesn't deserve that diploma anyway. I don't like Trump, but I still find it incredible that supposedly intelligent people believe this. All you need to do is listen, without the media telling you what he said, and without trying to twist it into some kind of "code".

Old 08-21-2017, 06:51 AM

11,143 posts, read 10,704,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
"I'm sending my diploma back because the president of the United States is defending Nazis and white supremacists," Chris Gaumer said.

If that's what he thinks, then he doesn't deserve that diploma anyway. I don't like Trump, but I still find it incredible that supposedly intelligent people believe this. All you need to do is listen, without the media telling you what he said, and without trying to twist it into some kind of "code".
I'm willing to bet that he'll still be listing the University degree on his resume? Symbolic gesture is symbolic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies