Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2017, 11:40 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,017,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I believe every human being should be protected by our constitution the moment they are conceived. There are doctors who would say that is a common sense argument.

See, I just threw religion out and came up with a solution for atheists to stop this carnage.
Not really.

Rights of the woman come first.

Otherwise you're advocating restricting her rights.

Technically a fetus has never been recognized as a citizen. The constitution protects citizens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2017, 11:40 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,138,783 times
Quote:
Disgusting, Godless and evil are just a few words that come to mind.

An awful way to eliminate Down syndrome - StarTribune.com
It's sad, but what's the alternative? Will a Down Syndrome baby really have any real quality of life, ever?

Or babies with other disorders. Would babies like these really be better off being forced to suffer?

https://www.google.com/search?q=harl...h=604&dpr=2.63

Old 08-21-2017, 11:41 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,443,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Not really.

Rights of the woman come first.

Otherwise you're advocating restricting her rights.

Technically a fetus has never been recognized as a citizen. The constitution protects citizens.
I thought it protected everyone within the borders citizen or not? That's what the loony Left keeps saying.

Old 08-21-2017, 11:42 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,443,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
It's sad, but what's the alternative? Will a Down Syndrome baby really have any real quality of life, ever?

Or babies with other disorders. Would babies like these really be better off being forced to suffer?

I feel the same about gender confused people. They have no quality of life, might as well get rid of them early.

Old 08-21-2017, 11:45 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,138,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
I feel the same about gender confused people. They have no quality of life, might as well get rid of them early.
So you admit that being LGBT (that is, whom I'm assuming you're referring to) is innate rather than a choice.

Old 08-21-2017, 11:46 AM

35,692 posts, read 21,049,622 times
Quote:
Disgusting, Godless and evil are just a few words that come to mind.

An awful way to eliminate Down syndrome - StarTribune.com
I cant say what mom will or not do- but govt. has no right to decide.
what is it with trying to make PERFECT people-- there is NO such thing!

Old 08-21-2017, 11:49 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,804,457 times
Quote:

Quality of life can vary tremendously. Some are able to work and live well in group homes. Others aren't. And of course there's no way to tell before birth.

Not sure of the exact stats but I feel like life expectancy among people with downs used to be late teens early 20s. Now many are living to be much older and out living their parents.

I know someone who was desperate to have a second child because her first was severely autistic so there would be someone else to take care of him after she died. I understood her reasoning but quite a burden to put on someone.

Old 08-21-2017, 11:50 AM

35,692 posts, read 21,049,622 times
Quote:

as a grandma of a trisomy 13 boy- he was more love and joy-- you have No clue so--

Old 08-21-2017, 11:52 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Maybe the same could be done with homosexuality and transgenderism since the dogma is that there is a gene for it.

Downs Syndrome can place an extreme workload on the parents, there' s no equivalency here.

Old 08-21-2017, 11:54 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
I thought it protected everyone within the borders citizen or not? That's what the loony Left keeps saying.
There's no need for lame attempts at placing words with the left just because the loony right is unable to distinguish the difference between a fetus and a person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies