Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 09:13 AM

1,816 posts, read 1,150,285 times

Advertisements

Heather's Mother Susan Bro is refusing to speak with Trump even though he is trying to contact her. Her position is she will not forgive him for morally equating what her daughter did, peaceful protest, with what the white supremacist and KKK did, namely spewing racial hate and engaging in deadly violence.

I agree with Ms. Bro's position, as do the majority of Americans, and may her beautiful daughter, who stood up for her beliefs and values, RIP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2017, 09:16 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,301,832 times
How could you not? I'd consider that horrible parenting if you went ahead with meeting that prick.

Old 08-18-2017, 09:18 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,366,942 times
I cannot even fathom the intensity of her grief right now. My thoughts are with her.

Old 08-18-2017, 09:21 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Heather's Mother Susan Bro is refusing to speak with Trump even though he is trying to contact her. Her position is she will not forgive him for morally equating what her daughter did, peaceful protest, with what the white supremacist and KKK did, namely spewing racial hate and engaging in deadly violence.

I agree with Ms. Bro's position, as do the majority of Americans, and may her beautiful daughter, who stood up for her beliefs and values, RIP.
More false outrage.
Please show us all where you get your numbers to back up <bold>? Can't can you. Just more spewing to the echo chamber...

Old 08-18-2017, 09:24 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Trump loudly and specifically said there were good people on both sides of the issue at the rally.

And the Media called him out as a Nazi lover.

She sounds like she might have been one of the good people Trump was talking about.

Old 08-18-2017, 09:25 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,054,423 times
seriously doubt that President Johnny Reb is lifting one finger to contact Susan Bro, likely has some flunky staffer assigned to it and it's long ago out of his limited sphere of consciousness

Old 08-18-2017, 09:25 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,643,964 times
It's her choice whether to meet him or not. It is what it is.

It is very tragic this person lost her life, due to some inbred basement dweller. Although, I do have some questions. Wasn't Heather a parent ? And a single parent at that ? I'm just saying , common sense would dictate that if one was responsible for raising a child how could you take time off of work and go to a rally that has the high probability of violence breaking out and put yourself in the middle of it ? She certainly didn't deserve to die for it but come on, why put once self at risk over that insignificant hate group that most people just ignore anyways.

Also, was she just a peaceful protester against the statue or the white supremacists or a part of antifa ?

How do any of these protesters , regardless of which side they are on find the time to travel state to state to protest ? I find it hard to find the time to visit our rural cabin more than once a month, and that is just for a long weekend.

Old 08-18-2017, 09:32 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,443,819 times
So what

Old 08-18-2017, 09:37 AM

30,369 posts, read 19,156,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post

Sad to see liberals trying to make political points over this poor girl's death. The parents wishes should be respected and let them mourn however they choose to.

As one not completely controlled by PC, I advise my kids and I try myself to avoid fighting or joining in groups that are fighting unless the cause is worth fighting and dying for. I don't consider preventing a couple hundred losers their right to protest as they were approved to do is worth dying for.

Old 08-18-2017, 09:41 AM

1,261 posts, read 950,799 times
The reason she gave for opting not to meet with him was because he lied and said that she had praised him when in fact she had not. I get the sense that she would be up for open and honest dialog, but knows a hopeless case when she sees one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies